Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Archon 9mm

Feedback Score

Archon 9mm

Anyone shoot one yet ?
    Or what do you think about gun

Feedback Score
    Never heard of it. Went to their website and had a good laugh at all the ridiculous buzzwords and tacticool phrases all over it.

Most of their boasts ring hollow, such as this:
    The Company's flagship pistol, the TYPE B, is based on its ground breaking AF-Speedlock technology which represents the company’s commitment to redefining industry standards by driving a new level of technology, performance, ergonomics, and functionality never seen before.
    So I search for this majikal AF-Speedlock technology and end up at the Arsenal Firearms website looking at a pistol that looks identical to it:
    https://arsenalfirearms.eu/en/strykb/ and figure out that AF-Speedlock is basically a rotating lockup barrel. Gee, something Beretta has been doing for decades.....so much for ground breaking.

I think I'm gonna pass until this thing sets the USPSA or IPSC worlds on fire. Which means I'll likely never buy one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    Never heard of it. Went to their website and had a good laugh at all the ridiculous buzzwords and tacticool phrases all over it.

Most of their boasts ring hollow, such as this:

So I search for this majikal AF-Speedlock technology and end up at the Arsenal Firearms website looking at a pistol that looks identical to it:
    https://arsenalfirearms.eu/en/strykb/ and figure out that AF-Speedlock is basically a rotating lockup barrel. Gee, something Beretta has been doing for decades.....so much for ground breaking.

I think I'm gonna pass until this thing sets the USPSA or IPSC worlds on fire. Which means I'll likely never buy one.
    From what I understand, the Arsenal Stryke B became the Archon Type B in the US. Same gun. Before that, it was the Strike One.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shoo...rms-in-the-us/

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    What does this offer against, say, a Glock 17?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    For starters, a $849 price tag on Rainier. It has my curiosity up, but I will not be an early adopter.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    For starters, a $849 price tag on Rainier.
    At that price I'll be a never-adopter

Feedback Score
    It's a real shame guns like ^^^ and the Caracal can't get their shit together and be accurate and reliable. The idea is great for both, but execution is less than optimal. Not worth pissing money on either one at this point. Kind of like the Hudson POS too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    It's a real shame guns like ^^^ and the Caracal can't get their shit together and be accurate and reliable. The idea is great for both, but execution is less than optimal. Not worth pissing money on either one at this point. Kind of like the Hudson POS too.
    I think I'd they did what the Turks did it would sell. Brand new Caniks were like $300 10 years ago and came with lots of features. Here you have a untested gun and they want what? $800+?

What happened to the H9? I stopped following it but had in the back of my mind to pick one up eventually, if I ran across a good price for a used one

Feedback Score
    Wake me up when they show they can stand up to 20,000+ rounds a year.

Feedback Score

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast