Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Archon 9mm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    It's a real shame guns like ^^^ and the Caracal can't get their shit together and be accurate and reliable. The idea is great for both, but execution is less than optimal. Not worth pissing money on either one at this point. Kind of like the Hudson POS too.
    I agree. The Caracal had promise, but the execution made it fall flat on it's face.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    Never heard of it. Went to their website and had a good laugh at all the ridiculous buzzwords and tacticool phrases all over it.

Most of their boasts ring hollow, such as this:

So I search for this majikal AF-Speedlock technology and end up at the Arsenal Firearms website looking at a pistol that looks identical to it:
    https://arsenalfirearms.eu/en/strykb/ and figure out that AF-Speedlock is basically a rotating lockup barrel. Gee, something Beretta has been doing for decades.....so much for ground breaking.
    Not sure where you're getting a rotating barrel from, but the Archon Type B doesn't have a rotating barrel at all, neither does the Stryk.

I've shot it, but only with a few silencers on the front. It ran with no malfunctions over the course of 500rds of 5 different ammo types. Pretty accurate with a decent trigger, the sights aren't my type but they use the standard Glock dovetail so they're easy to switch out. I like that it comes with 4 Mec Gar magazines and the way the checkering pattern is done on the grip.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    Not sure where you're getting a rotating barrel from,
    Whatever, their technical description isn't very clear anyway. Not that I care that much. It's dumb vaporware that won't go far in this country.

Feedback Score
    It may not go far in the market place, in fact probably won't since I held one at Rainier Arms and didn't buy it. If you knew how much of an impulse buyer I am, you would know that is almost the marketing kiss-of-death.

The locking design is almost a cross between a Beretta M92 and a Browning belt-fed. There is a locking piece that moves up and down to lock barrel to slide. It fits tightly against the barrel and doesn't move much vertically, so the barrel can sit quite low in the frame.

Bart Noir

Feedback Score
    Whatever, their technical description isn't very clear anyway. Not that I care that much. It's dumb vaporware that won't go far in this country.
    Their technical description is very clear if you would have bothered to look into it at all. And it's not vaporware either, they're available if you were to want one. It seems like you care an awful lot for a guy that claims not to care.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    Their technical description is very clear if you would have bothered to look into it at all. And it's not vaporware either, they're available if you were to want one. It seems like you care an awful lot for a guy that claims not to care.
    Do you sell them? To people who actually shoot?

Feedback Score
    Do you sell them? To people who actually shoot?
    No we don't sell them, we're not a gun shop.

Feedback Score
    I had a type b but sold it. Now keep in mind I have my own reasons I sold it so I’m not sure if I could offer a review but I will say it’s a nice gun shoots flat and it has a nice trigger. I also shot the prototype about 3 years ago. Archon used to be Arsenal USA which both are and were owned by salient arms.

Feedback Score
    Not vaporware, as I said. Last weekend I checked one out at Rainier Arms in Auburn, Washington.

Bart Noir

Feedback Score
    In five years the market won't even know what they are.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast