Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Archon 9mm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    In five years the market won't even know what they are.
    It was introduced as the Strike One in 2012, finally approved for import in 2014, and then partnered with Salient in 2016. I don't own one or shot one, much less handled one so I can't say yay or nay on how good or bad it is to me. How much experience do you have with it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    It was introduced as the Strike One in 2012, finally approved for import in 2014, and then partnered with Salient in 2016. I don't own one or shot one, much less handled one so I can't say yay or nay on how good or bad it is to me. How much experience do you have with it?
    Enough experience to know that no one is buying them. There's probably a good reason for that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Enough experience to know that no one is buying them. There's probably a good reason for that.
    So what you are trying to talk around is "none" then. Correct?

Feedback Score
    In five years the market won't even know what they are.
    Could be right about that one, it’s a cool neat gun but nothing to write home about

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman2 View Post
    Could be right about that one, it’s a cool neat gun but nothing to write home about
    Pretty much every gun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    So what you are trying to talk around is "none" then. Correct?
    Only an idiot thinks that some no name company, that changed its name to another that no one has ever heard about, that can't get any distribution traction, that allies itself with a company from which only douchebags buy guns from (Salient), is going to make a mark in the most competitive firearms market in the world.

I don't need to shoot the ****ing thing to know it's a dead end.

But you go ahead and defend the latest tacticool hotness that no one will give a shit about in 5 years. LOL

Feedback Score
    I handled a Strike One (Arsenal) at a local shop that had a few, interesting gun but priced high enough to make me hesitant to buy one given the unknown quality and support. Turns out that was a wise decision.

The Archon iteration might be a good pistol, but I’ve seen reports of light strikes on primers. I would let others beta test this one. Considering the Hudson H9 debacle, I would hate to spend the $$$ on a Type B only to have it turn out to be a temperamental pile of garbage with no factory support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I handled a Strike One (Arsenal) at a local shop that had a few, interesting gun but priced high enough to make me hesitant to buy one given the unknown quality and support. Turns out that was a wise decision.

The Archon iteration might be a good pistol, but I’ve seen reports of light strikes on primers. I would let others beta test this one. Considering the Hudson H9 debacle, I would hate to spend the $$$ on a Type B only to have it turn out to be a temperamental pile of garbage with no factory support.
    Nevermind found it
    Last edited by Arik; 03-14-19 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    I've shot one. Just a few mags. Enough for a first impression, though.

Super low bore axis, it shoots very flat. Really nice trigger, but no trigger safety of any sort if I recall. I like the recessed section at the front of the slide. Makes manipulations easy. ...If it were precut for an RMR I'd say that'd justify the price. But at 800+ for a gun not optics ready, I'm not super interested.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Only an idiot thinks that some no name company, that changed its name to another that no one has ever heard about, that can't get any distribution traction, that allies itself with a company from which only douchebags buy guns from (Salient), is going to make a mark in the most competitive firearms market in the world.

I don't need to shoot the ****ing thing to know it's a dead end.

But you go ahead and defend the latest tacticool hotness that no one will give a shit about in 5 years. LOL
    If you would have bothered to read my post instead of get caught up in your hate, you would have seen that I wasn't defending it or attacking it, because, just like you, I have no basis and any experience to do it with. You should do the same, because the bottom line is you don't have a freaking clue. Save your hate for someplace else or go to whatever fan boy pistol forum you worship. Your contribution to the OP = zero and even your entertainment value is lacking.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 03-14-19 at 21:59.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast