Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Archon 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    If you would have bothered to read my post instead of get caught up in your hate, you would have seen that I wasn't defending it or attacking it, because, just like you, I have no basis and any experience to do it with. You should do the same, because the bottom line is you don't have a freaking clue. Save your hate for someplace else or go to whatever fan boy pistol forum you worship. Your contribution to the OP = zero and even your entertainment value is lacking.
    Damn man, I even had to go to the hospital after that burn and it wasn’t even directed at me!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msnyder0609 View Post
    I've shot one. Just a few mags. Enough for a first impression, though.

Super low bore axis, it shoots very flat. Really nice trigger, but no trigger safety of any sort if I recall. I like the recessed section at the front of the slide. Makes manipulations easy. ...If it were precut for an RMR I'd say that'd justify the price. But at 800+ for a gun not optics ready, I'm not super interested.
    The trigger itself is the trigger safety lever. Imagine the bottom part of an M&P trigger being the whole trigger body instead of just the bottom half.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i created a Facebook group for the Type B if anyone wants to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/872835486535505

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I saw this and clicked on it and scrolled thru the first page. Three banned members! Got to be a record.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    I recently bought one and have a couple of hundred rounds through it, 115 and 124 grain jacketed. It is a great shooting pistol. I will have a personal shoot-off with several other models of striker nines, and the Archon may replace one or more of those. It is that easy to shoot accurately and fast, by my non-impressive personal standards.

Mine has the Hungarian proof marks but where the above picture showed the word "Hungary" mine says "Las Vegas NV".

What is interesting is the owner's manual making a point (in Para 4.1) of the removable interior mechanism (called a monocoque) being "legally classified as a non-essential firearms component" in other words, the opposite of the SIG P320. With the Archon, the serial number is on the frame same as the Glocks, but the "monocoque" (yes, there is a bad joke just waiting there) is also serial numbered. All told, I've found 4 matching serial numbers on this.

I also found that at least one of my CZ-75 magazines will latch into the Archon, but other CZ-75 mags will not. I may experiment a bit more along that path.

Anyone else think that a big multinational manufacturer is hoping to steal some of Glock's market with the Archon?

Bart Noir

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I saw this and clicked on it and scrolled thru the first page. Three banned members! Got to be a record.
    Late to the party myself. I'm guessing that the posts that put Outlander and fal over the top were deleted. Generally when I see someone banned I look at their post history to see the triggering event so I can avoid the pitfall.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Late to the party myself. I'm guessing that the posts that put Outlander and fal over the top were deleted. Generally when I see someone banned I look at their post history to see the triggering event so I can avoid the pitfall.
    Coronavirus related

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    It's a real shame guns like ^^^ and the Caracal can't get their shit together and be accurate and reliable. The idea is great for both, but execution is less than optimal. Not worth pissing money on either one at this point. Kind of like the Hudson POS too.
    Is this the Russian designed pistol?

Feedback Score
    Yes, it was designed in Russia although I have no idea if any non-Russian designer was involved. Then, after years of name changes and corporate false starts, it is on the market with final assembly in the US of A. I think.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just picked a lightly used type b up for $780 with a holster, can't wait to shoot it. Yes I own glocks. There is a lot of hate in this forum over price. Glocks are massed produced so don't expect this to meet that price. I wonder how many of you complaining about the price upgrade your phone once every year or two. I personally was hesatent myself because I don't think I'll be carrying this over my g19. So in my mind it's hard to justify purchasing this gun I don't need. However, I came upon this gun while looking for a gen 5 g19 used to trick out. I also tend to like unique guns. Myself defense guns are all pretty bland, everything else is unique or tricked out.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 06-24-20 at 23:52.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast