Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR9c Or MP Shield 9

Feedback Score

SR9c Or MP Shield 9

Hi all,
    I'm looking at both of these guns. I have a deposit down on a Shield if one ever shows up. but then came a crossed the Ruger SR9c.
    What are your thoughts on these guns. Pros/cons etc
    I'm female, and yes I know one is single stack vs. double.
    I was able to put my hands on the Shield, But not the Ruger.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    The Shield is a phenomenal pistol, that punches outside its weight-class. I cannot fathom one would be unhappy with one providing you’re in the market for a single-stack polymer striker-fired pistol.

PSA consistently has the Shield in 9mm on sale for $249. I would look there before waiting an extended amount of time at a local shop.

But more importantly, training trumps firearms selection. Whatever you get, train on it. The minutia of different platforms can be is minimal to the trained shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    The Shield is a phenomenal pistol, that punches outside its weight-class. I cannot fathom one would be unhappy with one providing you’re in the market for a single-stack polymer striker-fired pistol.

PSA consistently has the Shield in 9mm on sale for $249. I would look there before waiting an extended amount of time at a local shop.

But more importantly, training trumps firearms selection. Whatever you get, train on it. The minutia of different platforms can be is minimal to the trained shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, i will be going a lot of practicing since i will have the whole next week off from work. Thanks for you input Sir.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have several cases of 9mm through my shield. Very useful little gun. Spend the extra money and get the 2.0 version. Well worth it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shield. I prefer the trigger and grips on the 2.0 vs the original.

Maybe a little late but....

https://palmettostatearmory.com/smit...=12%3a00+Email

Feedback Score
    I’ve had a Shield 9mm for about 4 years now, zero failures, great trigger, minimal recoil for such a slim package.

The new 2.0s have some nice upgrades & more aggressive texturing but not sure what they go for. Last I looked PSA had the 1.0 for $260 I think.

I always used the 8 round mags, so much I added the Samson magwell. Fits my hands much better and I don’t have to move my pinky for mag changes. It’s a nice upgrade for $50 and carries easy.

I think PSA also has the Walther PPS M2 as well for $260, I had a PPS M1 longer than the Shield, a great pistol as well. No complaints but it just didn’t travel as much as the Shield. The M2 has much better ergonomics than the old slab side M1.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Shield. Marry it with a Crimson Trace laser and don't look back.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Shield:
    Easy to shoot
    Durable
    Accurate

No experience with the sr9. I know 2 people that had them, but didnt shoot more than a mag from them.

Feedback Score
    I have never shot the Shield, but I am sure its a fantastic pistol. I have owned 2 SR9c' and still carry one to this day. It shoots well, nice and hefty with low recoil for its size. Sights adjust easily and it eats all 9mm with no issues. It also aims naturally with a low bore axis. I conceal in a Galco IWB, with either a 10 rounder or the 17 with ease. My .02.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    As one that tested a G43 and 9 Shield side by side and bought the Shield..I vote for the Shield.

I am a long time Glock fan and had to admit that the Shield shot way better than the G43 and other small 9mms I looked at. I have found the Shield to be accurate and totalyl reliable with every bit of 9mm ammo I feed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast