Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR9c Or MP Shield 9

Feedback Score
    I have both the G43 and the Shield v2.0, the Shield has taken over EDC for me. It is a great shooting little pistol and the upgrades on the v2.0 are worth it IMHO. I tried the v1.0 when they first came out and it is slick as a baby's butt and had a lousy trigger, that is why I bought the G43. Having the extra rounds without having to run an aftermarket mag extension is a nice feature. I just got a Winthrop pancake OWB holster with sweat guard for it.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    I have a SR9c that I carry occasionally, has been regulated to nightstand duty more recently. Very easy to conceal, I appendix carry. Have several thousand round thru it, is accurate with absolutely no malfunctions.Recently started carrying a G19 with RDS. The only Shield I have any experience with was a .40 of my son in laws. Should be easier to conceal, but I preferred shooting the 9c. Might just be the familiarity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am partial to the Shield, but also have a G43. Before retirement, I managed a fleet of about 30 v1 Shields. They replaced Kahr PM 9s. We got a sample Shield to try out and put over 8000 rounds through it without cleaning and occasional lube. No issues. Most of us bought our own and my personal sample has over 5k through it. A few officers had the Rugers for off duty carry, but most who tried the Shield traded in to them.
    I seem to recall several malfunctions in the small sample size of Rugers, but since they were not issued guns I didnt pay particular attention to them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Shield 2.0 in 9mm with integral crimson trace laser and also a G43 with TT Mag extensions. I bought the Shield for my wife but she didn't like it. I've run a few hundred rounds through it and find it to be both accurate and reliable. That said, I'm still carrying my G43. If I didn't have so much invested (training, range time) in my G43, I'd be perfectly happy with the Shield 2.0. I'm not a laser guy but the bullets go exactly where you point the dot and for some folks I can see that being a big plus.

As far as the Ruger is concerned, sorry but I have zero experience with the SR9c.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I have two Shields. One is a 40S&W and the other is a 9mm Pro. I really like them both, but think the Walter PPS M2 feels better in my hands. I carry the Walther every day now. You really should fondle one before making a final decision.

Feedback Score
    Shield, love mine. The apex trigger for it is great as well.

Feedback Score
    I'm gonna vote shield. I currently carry a .45 shield and have had zero issues with it. I have no experience with the Ruger. The shield 9 is a fantastic weapon also.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Shield 9mm. Both are the 1.0 with APEX duty carry kit and OEM trigger shoe. Trijicon HD sights.

I love it well enough to not see a need for a G43x or G48.

My Sig P239 9mm is my after the S&W 3913.

Carried a 5906 had 3913

Went to issued P226, bought a P239. POA/POI with 124gr +P GDHP
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have both a 1.0 with Apex kit as above and a 2.0 with green laser. The 2.0 trigger is an improvement over the original but the Apex modified 1.0 is IMHO a slightly better trigger. Don't know if I would spend the cash to upgrade the 2.0 though.

Feedback Score
    Sheild 2.0 in 9mm or .45.

If the texture is too aggressive you can dial it down to your liking with sandpaper and 5 minutes. It will look the same afterward, just wont rub you raw anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12