Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: A visual example of why M4C recommends quality AR parts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I guess I'm not seeing what's wrong with that hammer. Could be I'm looking at the pic on my phone.
    There is a big ass crack on the lower third of the hammer face.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    Got it. Had to enlarge it on my phone to see it.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Quoth Depeche Mode, “Everything counts in small amounts”

All these people who go for “good deals” pay at some point.

“MY DPMS RECON II DOES THE EXACT SAME AS YOUR UPPITY WHITEBOY SR25. I WOULDN’T SPEND 5 LARGE ON A GUN THATS NOT COMBAT WORTHY”

A month later

“MY DPMS RECON II DIED AFTER 400 ROUNDS. I AM CALLING MANUFACTURER. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! CAN YOU ALL BELIEVE THIS??”

Never fails....

....except the parts
    I know exactly what you mean. I have a DPMS lower that I put together with CMt parts back in 2000. I have had to almost completely replace all of the parts and gone through 3 triggers in the time in have had it. And now I have to use KNS pins for the trigger.

FYI... it is SBRed and has over 55k through it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PretendOperator View Post
    Here's something to add to the "Just as good" fire. This was from a PSA branded LPK, fresh out of the bag earlier this week.

Attachment 56443
    Well Well Well, point well taken. Shit be shit and shit be shit...PSA be ....
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Or it was a bad batch...........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Did you by any chance read the prior posts: Schmid Tool and Engineering is an OEM supplier to many companies, including Colt - unless someone replaced the parts in my one and only Colt lower.

Granted, Schmid or PSA should have caught it, but dayum......

But, if I was you I'd look at every AR I owned and get rid of any part with an S cast or stamped on it.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-17-19 at 18:34.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    This could also be the difference between a chrome silicon spring vs a stainless steel spring.

When I started shooting corrosive 7n6 I bought some new 20round GI mags, half were chrome silicon, the other half stainless steel. Never cleaned the mags for the first year, didn’t think they needed it. Opened them up after a year and the chrome silicon had significant surface rust. Stainless steel were fine.
    SS rust too .. ask any offshore fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Unscientfic science is unscientific buuuuuuuut:
    Yep presume both springs didn’t have the same “life”

Spring maker of each would be useful, maybe...
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    That looks like a Schmid. Schmids are used in Sionics and LMT rifles and are the basis for the ALG QMS and ACT. I believe they are also used in most Colts and most FCGs in actual military-production M16 and M4 FOW rifles.

Could be that PSA got a second from Schmid, but I wouldn't ordinarily expect to see a Schmid look like that from the factory.
    I didn't know PSA used Schmid parts. It does appear to have been plated with some sort of nickel boron coating, perhaps the plating was done at a third party outfit... That's just my guess.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I didn't know PSA used Schmid parts. It does appear to have been plated with some sort of nickel boron coating, perhaps the plating was done at a third party outfit... That's just my guess.
    My experience stops ~ late 2015, but every PSA lower parts kit and complete lower I came across during that time used Schmid components -- triggers, bolt catches, selectors, etc.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I had my small parts bin out tonight and decided to snap a pic for this thread. The BCM looks a lot like the PSA and Aero, I'd bet it's the same safety but special order to have the star instead of the S. Nice touch if you ask me, or at least in line with the rest of the manufacturing world where a select few factories produce the same brand name. generic, and private label products side by side. I have a SOLGW LPK on order, and I saw or read somewhere they use Schmid too. I didn't check all the other parts, but the PSA bolt catch was also marked with an S.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast