• Galil ACE 308

8 53.33%
  • Tavor 7

7 46.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galil ACE .308 or Tavor 7

Feedback Score

Galil ACE .308 or Tavor 7

So I was dead set on getting the Tavor 7 whenever it gets released. But then I started looking at IWIs other weapons and to tell the truth I saw the Galil in 308, read some great reviews about it and I think its a pretty cool gun. Now I am torn, I honestly like the looks of the Galil more, but the Tavor 7 is compact, more modern and maybe it will be better then the Galil.... Mostly the gun will be used for target shooting fun out to 300yds, along with hog hunting. So just want a 308 that has decent accuracy, is reliable and fun. Should I ditch the Idea of the Tavor and grab the Galil now, or just get wait for the Tavor?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Neither. But if you just had to have one: Galil

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Neither. But if you just had to have one: Galil
    This ^^^^^^^^
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Why neither? Can you recommend another rifle I should consider for 308 I already have an ar10, ptr, and m14.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    I used to own a legit old school Galil in 308. Harsh recoil, expensive mags... I was interested in the Galil Ace, but frankly it is a legacy system that has been dressed up and modernized. By contrast, the Tavor 7 IF it lives up to its billing would bring a new and different capability to the table. I'd rather have a SCAR, B&T APC, or a 751 over the Galil Ace. Of course they are more money but they excellent guns. Take a look at the super slow mo videos of the Galil Ace being fired. The whole gun flexs, barrel, receiver… Take a look at the same video of a 751. Nothing moves at all.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I used to own a legit old school Galil in 308. Harsh recoil, expensive mags... I was interested in the Galil Ace, but frankly it is a legacy system that has been dressed up and modernized. By contrast, the Tavor 7 IF it lives up to its billing would bring a new and different capability to the table. I'd rather have a SCAR, B&T APC, or a 751 over the Galil Ace. Of course they are more money but they excellent guns. Take a look at the super slow mo videos of the Galil Ace being fired. The whole gun flexs, barrel, receiver… Take a look at the same video of a 751. Nothing moves at all.
    What new and different capability might that be?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    What new and different capability might that be?
    Guessing "bullpup .308". Everything old is new again. The merits of a .308 bullpup, to me, are even less than with a 5.56.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Guessing "bullpup .308". Everything old is new again. The merits of a .308 bullpup, to me, are even less than with a 5.56.
    If that's what it is, then I'd have to remind him that the Desert Tech MDR is a thing.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I own four Aces and think they're great rifles. I say get the Ace. The Ace has been out for a while, so the price is probably as low as it's going to get. The Tavor 7 will start at retail and will stay up in price until everyone who has to have one gets one. Once the price lowers and stabilizes, get the Tavor 7. That will also give IWI time to iron out any issues there may be. There's no need to limit yourself to just one or the other. Sometimes it just takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I was interested in the Galil Ace, but frankly it is a legacy system that has been dressed up and modernized. I'd rather have a SCAR, B&T APC, or a 751 over the Galil Ace.
    The Galil Ace and 751 are very similar. Both use the "legacy" AK type bolt/carrier and both have an upper and lower receiver. I like my 751, but if money is a consideration, it's not 2 2/3 times the rifle that the Ace is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The Galil Ace and 751 are very similar. Both use the "legacy" AK type bolt/carrier and both have an upper and lower receiver. I like my 751, but if money is a consideration, it's not 2 2/3 times the rifle that the Ace is.
    I confirm this as another 751 and Ace owner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast