Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New! LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Straight Bow Trigger

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I just got my first MBT (not straight) thanks to RobertTheTexan.

I like the wider shoe but I think having it straight would be money. When these things are shipping I will order one. I wish they made a single stage.

What’s the word on that?

Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-05-19 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I just got my first MBT (not straight) thanks to RobertTheTexan.

I like the wider shoe but I think having it straight would be money. When these things are shipping I will order one. I wish they made a single stage.

What’s the word on that?

How do you feel it compares against the SSA? The idea that it's as good as a trigger that costs 3x as much seems too good to be true, but stranger things have happened.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    How do you feel it compares against the SSA? The idea that it's as good as a trigger that costs 3x as much seems too good to be true, but stranger things have happened.
    I have the SSAE and I’d say aside from the wider shoe it feels almost identical with the lighter MBT spring. I understand your argument but I’d counter with - can a trigger 3x as much really be 3x as good? I’m not a miser and I love blowing loads (of cash, too) but I probably wouldn’t get another $240 G trigger.

I am going to have 500 rounds through it by the end of the weekend and I’ll know more then. I might bring my SSAE lower just for giggles.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-05-19 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have the SSAE and I’d say aside from the wider shoe it feels almost identical with the lighter MBT spring. I understand your argument but I’d counter with - can a trigger 3x as much really be 3x as good? I’m not a miser and I love blowing loads (of cash, too) but I probably wouldn’t get another $240 G trigger.

I am going to have 500 rounds through it by the end of the weekend and I’ll know more then. I might bring my SSAE lower just for giggles.
    Thanks for the response. I get where you're coming from with diminishing returns. I don't necessarily expect the G trigger to be 3x as good but also wouldn't be surprised to hear it's noticeably better given the price disparity. I'm glad to hear they're so comparable. I'll probably get one to try out. I have 3 G triggers already. I got one used to save some cash but I don't think I'll pony up for any more.
    Last edited by SteveL; 04-05-19 at 20:35.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Thanks for the response. I get where you're coming from with diminishing returns. I don't necessarily expect the G trigger to be 3x as good but also wouldn't be surprised to hear it's noticeably better given the price disparity. I'm glad to hear they're so comparable. I'll probably get one to try out. I have 3 G triggers already. I got one used to save some cash but I don't think I'll pony up for any more.
    I have several Geissele triggers including SSA, SSA-E, SD-E, NM, and DM so you could definitely say that I'm a fan... However, after playing with a LaRue trigger on my buddy's LaRue 308, I can honestly say that I'm impressed!

I've heard the break described as half way between the SSA and the SSA-E, and I would tend to agree with that assessment. The flatter and wider trigger shoe feels really good to me, and the only reason I haven't gotten one is because I want my triggers to be consistent across my rifles.

That said, if I have a criticism of the LaRue trigger, it would be that there are noticeable machining marks in non critical areas. Whereas all my Geissele units are essentially flawless in finish. But who sees how a trigger is finished after it's installed, right?
    Last edited by georgeib; 04-05-19 at 22:40.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When very carefully analyzing their pulls, releases, and resets (with full attention on the trigger and nothing else), slight differences can be felt between the MBT and SSA. One isn't definitively better than the other. They're just very subtly different.

When actually shooting the rifle (even precisely for awesome groups), aside from the different feel of the trigger's front surface, they both feel and work equally awesome.

Am I going to buy another SSA? Not even if they were 1/2 their price.

Feedback Score
    I have owned a LaRue MBT for a little over a year now and before it, I hadn't owned anything other than a typical single stage LPK. I think that is it a terrific trigger however, there is a problem. I installed it with the heavier spring, and I have had several light strikes with 55gr Wolf (steel cased) and Georgia Arms 55gr FMJ.

Last Christmas my son got gave me a Geissele G2S. Compared to the MBT, the trigger pull on the Geissele feels smoother but the trigger pull weight feels virtually identical. The sear reset on the G2S is unmistakable as opposed to the MBT which I feel as if that I must listen or wait to feel it reset. I also wish that the width of the MBT was like that of a normal trigger. The width of it is too wide for the 2nd digit of my index finger and it feels awkward with my 1st digit.
    Last edited by caveman74; 04-07-19 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    just got shipping notification

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fz1boxer View Post
    just got shipping notification
    I got mine this morning as well.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I ordered one yesterday but it shows back ordered. I'm not really surprised. The first batch was probably sold out before they received them.
    Steve

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast