View Poll Results: How Do You Explain the UFO Phenomenon?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aliens

44 55.70%
  • Demonic Deception

6 7.59%
  • Pure Hokum

15 18.99%
  • Don't know or don't have an opinion

14 17.72%
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO's

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m gonna be “That Guy”.

Ever notice how it’s always anal probes. Always.

Like what if Earth is just like a playground of naive, short lived primates and like all these aliens are like space chomos.

This big fact is why we need to weaponize space sooner than later and perhaps pre-emptively send bombs and VX gas to whatever life sustaining planets there are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    For all the people that scream science and probability. Listen to this in it's entirety, take in what the mathematical probability of life spontaneously forming actually is from an actual scientist explaining what it would actually take to happen and then make a scientifically based opinion on it: My take - effing impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7L...ature=youtu.be
    As we have only one example (Earth) to look at, it's currently impossible to calculate with any reasonable accuracy at all as to the mathematical likelihood of "...life spontaneously forming" or otherwise and anything else is hypothesis (read mental masturbation) and biased. By all accounts however, the shear numbers we are working with suggests it's mathematically improbable that life does not exist other than earth, and that's not disputed by anyone in the field really. Whether that lift has ever visited us, is a completely different issue/topic.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As we have only one example (Earth) to look at, it's currently impossible to calculate with any reasonable accuracy at all as to the mathematical likelihood of "...life spontaneously forming" or otherwise and anything else is hypothesis (read mental masturbation) and biased. By all accounts however, the shear numbers we are working with suggests it's mathematically improbable that life does not exist other than earth, and that's not disputed by anyone in the field really. Whether that lift has ever visited us, is a completely different issue/topic.
    Also worth remembering that we keep finding life on this planet in places where we previously believed life would be impossible. And, in fact, there’s at least one animal we know of - tardigrades - that have demonstrated the ability to survive in the irradiated vacuum of space.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Ever notice how it’s always anal probes. Always.
    Aliens and anal probes go together like peas and carrotts. IMHO, that's not a coincidence.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Also worth remembering that we keep finding life on this planet in places where we previously believed life would be impossible. And, in fact, there’s at least one animal we know of - tardigrades - that have demonstrated the ability to survive in the irradiated vacuum of space.
    Yes, we used to think life was fragile and rare, we found it's tough as chit, exists everywhere, and contrary to prior understanding, does not need sunlight either. It lives in the most hostile environments the planet has, and thrives. No one in science claims to know how life started on this planet either, so that too is fail. There's a number of hypothesis, some more generally accepted than others, none considered a lock. Most scientists conclude (due to any lack of evidence to the contrary) that life developed over time some how as ever more organized molecules formed, and so forth, with a strong possibility some of the essential building blocks came from off planet via comets and possibly even Mars, and the rest is mostly interesting WAGs at this point. Whether some consciousness/higher power etc, had a hand in it some place is possible, and is a likely to have been aliens as anything else, but there's no actual evidence for it. There is some pretty compelling ideas from the Ancient Alien Theorist types, but they're too loose with the facts to be taken too seriously.

Bottom line here is, given enough time and the right building blocks for it, is life common or incredibly rare? That can't be answered with n= 1 earth to go by, but "the numbers" at least would strongly suggest it's not rare.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m a complete skeptic when it comes to ghosts, gods, demons, or anything paranormal, but I’ve always been agnostic about the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligent life and UFOs. I have personally seen a UFO. Now, I’m not making any judgements as to what I saw, just that it was UNIDENTIFIED and FLYING.

I was on a coach bus traveling at highway speeds on a rural stretch of road. It was about 02:00 and I was the only passenger awake as far as I know. Off in the distance in a field (hard to judge exactly how far, but probably somewhere between 400-800 yards) I saw a dark yellow, glowing object maybe the size of a beachball or stability ball (hard to tell how big it actually was because I couldn’t tell how far away it was) traveling parellel to our bus and moving up and down in a sinusoidal pattern. It continued with us for about 2 minutes until we passed some trees, then it disappeared.

I’m positive I was awake, I’m positive I saw it, and I’m positive it wasn’t a firefly/lightning bug (65 mph).

Another time I saw a similar object while lying in bed at night. It moved in the same sinusoidal pattern back and forth (left to right with the sine wave pattern) for about 45 seconds then shot upward at a 60-80 degree angle VERY quickly. Again, it was hard to determine size or distance, but it was several hundred yards away.

I don’t expect anyone to believe what I saw, but it’s completely unexplainable IMHO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    I’m a complete skeptic when it comes to ghosts, gods, demons, or anything paranormal, but I’ve always been agnostic about the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligent life and UFOs.
    The thing that puzzles me about the reports of ghosts, gods, and demons is that they aren’t typically associated with anal probes.

I have no doubt there is intelligent life out there in the universe. I find the concept that those aliens might be flying around buzzing aircraft carriers here on earth to be...amusing.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    What I want to know is why the aliens aren’t down with MAGA. Like, they’re always on about some New Age, Laurel-Canyon tier bullshit. You never hear about aliens bringing a message of Gott, Kaiser und Vaterland. Really activates the almonds..

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Just in our galaxy, we have at least 250 billion stars. With exoplanet discoveries, there are estimated to be at least 100 billion planets. Low end figures as more planets are being discovered day in and day out. I'd be surprised if that number isn't in the trillions.

It's estimated to be at least 200 billion galaxies, maybe that number is in the trillions as astronomers are upping that number all the time.

The number of possible planets in the known universe is too absurd to even type out. I'd dare say the odds are greatly in favor of planets with life supporting potential out there.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    For all the people that scream science and probability. Listen to this in it's entirety, take in what the mathematical probability of life spontaneously forming actually is from an actual scientist explaining what it would actually take to happen and then make a scientifically based opinion on it: My take - effing impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7L...ature=youtu.be
    Some seem to be selective about what science they'll accept and what science they reject. Since scientists haven't got a clue about how chemicals could evolve by chance into life it's just taken in by faith that it happen...the alternative is too much to bear.

The new man's religion...scientism.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 05-15-19 at 20:37.

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast