View Poll Results: How Do You Explain the UFO Phenomenon?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aliens

44 55.70%
  • Demonic Deception

6 7.59%
  • Pure Hokum

15 18.99%
  • Don't know or don't have an opinion

14 17.72%
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO's

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post

I am intrigued by both subjects as well as other paranormal activities that seem to occur with frequency that suggests there is something to it.
    I put the alien abduction crowd in the same category as those who have seen Bigfoot, or have seen UFOs that they ultimately concluded were alien-piloted vehicles. That anal probes were such a consistent part of the abductee experience is very telling IMHO relative to the mindset of those who are so convinced of their experiences. Clearly these mysteries tap in somewhere to some very...unique...psyches.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I put the alien abduction crowd in the same category as those who have seen Bigfoot, or have seen UFOs that they ultimately concluded were alien-piloted vehicles. That anal probes were such a consistent part of the abductee experience is very telling IMHO relative to the mindset of those who are so convinced of their experiences. Clearly these mysteries tap in somewhere to some very...unique...psyches.
    Travis Walton, mentioned earlier, never spoke of anal probes. Honestly, his is the only “abduction” story I’ve ever heard directly from the “abductee”.

My main interest in UFO’s are the basic sightings and videos. Ever heard Les Stroud’s story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I must conclude that these "sightings" are terrestrial technology until some solid evidence shows up that indicates that an expanded interpretation of the Principle of Parsimony is indicated.
    I think, depending on the nature of the phenomenon in question, that it's equally likely that sightings could be naturally-occurring phenomena, too.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I think, depending on the nature of the phenomenon in question, that it's equally likely that sightings could be naturally-occurring phenomena, too.
    No doubt true.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I agree with the combination approach. There is ample evidence to support that.

A good read on the topic is Jacques Vallee “Passport to Mangonia.”

As for the visitors from other planets idea, it is just too difficult to solve the life support, propulsion and speed problems inherent in interplanetary travel.
    For Humans... Think what a civilization a billion years older than ours might be able to achieve. Passport to Magonia is an old book and even Vallee has modified his thinking. There is much more information to chew on now. And the seeming limitations imposed by the material physics of light speed is no longer considered insurmountable in theory. The ability to warp time and space in a small area in front of a craft so that it "surfs" the warp is the current thinking. It is currently beyond our capability to do this, but that doesn't mean that others with a a million, or perhaps a billion years of advancement couldn't do it.

This represents a way of thinking that only our most recent understanding of material and quantum physics could help us to envision. The science community is finally starting to crack out of its limited material physics egg, in part because we are witnessing visitation by, perhaps, multiple alien civilizations.

Personally, I see Earth as an Ant Farm to be observed, and sometimes tweaked.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You are poorly informed. To anyone who spends the time to study the phenomena it is clear that intelligently guided craft have been here for a long time. Some of these craft have interacted with humans in various ways. Abductions are less clear to me, but there have been many many well documented situations with multiple, up to thousands (as in Phoenix) of witnesses of flying craft that humans did not and could not build. Craft that we couldn't build in the 40's and cannot build today.

Look up:

Malmstrom AFB in Montana - UFOs disable 10 ICBMs

https://www.foxnews.com/science/alie...force-officers

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...ates/98452858/

People should consider the possibility that they are in denial.

This news was broken in the NY Times, WaPo, and Politico December 16 2017 I believe. This is when it was revealed that the Pentagon has a UFO program called AATIP. Here is one of the pilots that reported the encounter. And since then, there have been several others who were also witnesses of the Nimitz encounter that lasted almost a WEEK while as many as 100 UFOs were tracked.

Here's a vid with the first witness that came out.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 05-17-19 at 23:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Personally, I see Earth as an Ant Farm to be observed, and sometimes tweaked.

Let's just hope they don't get bored, turn sadistic and pull out a magnifying glass.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    You are poorly informed. To anyone who spends the time to study the phenomena it is clear that intelligently guided craft have been here for a long time. Some of these craft have interacted with humans in various ways. Abductions are less clear to me, but there have been many many well documented situations with multiple, up to thousands (as in Phoenix) of witnesses of flying craft that humans did not and could not build. Craft that we couldn't build in the 40's and cannot build today.

Look up:

Malmstrom AFB in Montana - UFOs disable 10 ICBMs

https://www.foxnews.com/science/alie...force-officers

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...ates/98452858/

People should consider the possibility that they are in denial.

This news was broken in the NY Times, WaPo, and Politico December 16 2017 I believe. This is when it was revealed that the Pentagon has a UFO program called AATIP. Here is one of the pilots that reported the encounter. And since then, there have been several others who were also witnesses of the Nimitz encounter that lasted almost a WEEK while as many as 100 UFOs were tracked.
    Yeah, cool stories bro. Bring me a wrecked flying saucer or its pilot, and I’m there with ya...otherwise it’s just an unidentified flying object and the most logical explanation based on what we can see (as opposed to what we want to see) is terrestrial origin.

Most trial attornies and many cops are increasingly leery of “eyewitness accounts”, and I certainly think that’s an important consideration when the eyewitness is trying to convince us that he/she saw an alien-piloted vehicle. The psychology of “eyewitness account” in areas where the account can be actually proven or disproven is an increasing area of psychological study and has certainly proven itself to be problematic and very interesting.

./
    Last edited by Hmac; 05-18-19 at 06:53.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, cool stories bro. Bring me a wrecked flying saucer or its pilot, and I’m there with ya...otherwise it’s just an unidentified flying object and the most logical explanation based on what we can see (as opposed to what we want to see) is terrestrial origin.

Most trial attornies and many cops are increasingly leery of “eyewitness accounts”, and I certainly think that’s an important consideration when the eyewitness is trying to convince us that he/she saw an alien-piloted vehicle. The psychology of “eyewitness account” in areas where the account can be actually proven or disproven is an increasing area of psychological study and has certainly proven itself to be problematic and very interesting.

./

Hahaha. The Nimitz encounter (see previous Fravor vid) is not a story...bro. It was recorded by F18 Super Hornet gun cameras, seen by multiple pilots and crews and tracked by the USS Princeton's systems. About 100 UAPs were tracked over a week long period by the latest and most sophisticated systems the Navy has. Senior Chief Kevin Day was the senior man in the operations center on the USS Princeton and has come out as a witness. Several witnesses have come out to confirm, at least those who did not sign a NDA or have retired.

Here is an accurate mini documentary that cover the main incident. The Navy has kept this secrete since 2004.

EDIT: Looks like they are releasing a new one in a few days, here is the link;

Remaining ignorant will probably not be an option within 4-5 years.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 05-23-19 at 12:33.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast