View Poll Results: How Do You Explain the UFO Phenomenon?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aliens

44 55.70%
  • Demonic Deception

6 7.59%
  • Pure Hokum

15 18.99%
  • Don't know or don't have an opinion

14 17.72%
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO's

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Good way to hedge a bet... Not believing but being ready to believe is kinda like betting heads and tails on a coin flip. You are man for stepping up to the table but you cannot win or lose. Not really a bad position to take. Kinda like being agnostic... Believing just enough to keep you out of the fire if there really happens to be hell. I understand.
    Some people want to believe some things badly enough that they will accept crappy evidence. The more they want to believe it, the crappier the evidence they're willing to accept, and there are some people that want to believe so badly that they'll make decisions based on no evidence. You're right...I'm not emotionally invested in the the existence of alien-piloted UFOs visiting Earth, therefore I don't have to "step up to the table" and make a decision. I'm going to need a higher level of evidence to swallow the party line in this thread.

Last edited by Hmac; 03-21-19 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    This thread got me looking at YouTube UFO videos. There is a UFO industry out there: movies, tv shows, videos, books, etc. If you want to believe, there is plenty of info to back you up. The hard part is parsing out what is legit from the background noise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1XyqaFuX1o
    Last edited by Pi3; 03-21-19 at 21:17.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    This thread got me looking at YouTube UFO videos. There is a UFO industry out there: movies, tv shows, videos, books, etc. If you want to believe, there is plenty of info to back you up. The hard part is parsing out what is legit from the background noise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1XyqaFuX1o
    He's not saying anything we don't know, and does ignore some realities out there. Alien abduction is of course a different topic unrelated really to what is being discussed. Saying we don't have better evidence today than we did, is his ignoring reality, some of which posted here.

His comments on the human perception being easily manipulate, totally true. That we have multiple radar conformations from several f18s, as well as USS Nimitz, and and visuals, well, that's a tad different...

He's right, that does not = it's aliens.

Yes, until something lands on the white house lawn, it's still the U in UFO.

What it's not however is simple human need to see aliens in some cases. In most to be sure, it's people seeing what they wish to see. Finally, I will counter that with Astronaut Story Musgrave MD:

Last edited by WillBrink; 03-22-19 at 08:53.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

His comments on the human perception being easily manipulate, totally true.

Yes, until something lands on the white house lawn, it's still the U in UFO.
    Bingo!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Bingo!!
    As much as i wanna belief, I/we must remain objective, or we don't get anywhere. But, at this point, basic application of reduction leaves us with two possibilities:

What's flying around our airspace, confirmed repeatedly by multiple hard radar locks and other objective measures in addition to the eyewitness accounts by SME's is:

Not us
    Or Us

So far, all SME's interviewed who have been part of those events state the former...but until something lands on the white house lawn, it's still the U in UFO.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    ...but until something lands on the white house lawn, it's still the U in UFO.
    I’d settle for a Ferengi waving out the window next time he buzzes one of our aircraft carriers (as long as there are photographs). In the meantime, I find the cognitive leap between “multiple hard radar locks” and “that must be an alien-piloted space craft” to be pretty vast, and amusingly reinforces Story Musgrave's observation about how easily human perception is manipulated.

Last edited by Hmac; 03-22-19 at 16:46.

Feedback Score
    Even if you accept the premise that aliens are real, what makes you think they care about "contacting" us?

We may be nothing but dairy cows or beef cattle to them. Why else would abductions in huge numbers involve the harvesting of sex cells (sperm and ova)? Why are they interested in our reproductive functions? Are they creating herds of humans for food somewhere?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Even if you accept the premise that aliens are real, what makes you think they care about "contacting" us?

We may be nothing but dairy cows or beef cattle to them. Why else would abductions in huge numbers involve the harvesting of sex cells (sperm and ova)? Why are they interested in our reproductive functions? Are they creating herds of humans for food somewhere?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Stanton Friedman has passed.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/artic...nton-friedman/

Coast to Coast AM is deeply saddened to share the news that iconic UFO researcher Stanton T. Friedman has passed away at the age of 84. He is undoubtedly best known for being the first civilian investigator to research the landmark Roswell incident. His explosive uncovering of the mysterious 1947 event in New Mexico left an indelible mark on not only UFO studies, but the zeitgeist as well with 'Roswell' becoming synonymous with the phenomenon in the minds of millions of individuals around the world. A myriad of books, movies, TV shows, and other forms of media that explored the infamous incident can be traced back to Friedman putting Roswell on the proverbial map of UFO lore.
    As he settled into the role of elder statesman in the world of UFO studies, Friedman affectionately came to be known as the 'Father of Modern Day Ufology.' A beloved fixture in the community, his sharp wit, classic quips, and fastidious attention to detail when it came to the 'nuts and bolts' of flying saucers were legendary. And his indefatigable advocacy for the reality of the UFO phenomenon led to many considering him to be perhaps the greatest champion for the subject that the field has ever known.
    My take: I think without Stanton Friedman the subject of UFO's would not have near the credibility it has now. Of particular interest, Friedman was one of the few people with the courage to question the veracity of Bob Lazar's claims when most of the rest of the UFO community considered his stories of Area 51 to be Gospel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For all the people that scream science and probability. Listen to this in it's entirety, take in what the mathematical probability of life spontaneously forming actually is from an actual scientist explaining what it would actually take to happen and then make a scientifically based opinion on it: My take - effing impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU7L...ature=youtu.be

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast