Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: used police or new tactical 870?

Feedback Score
    Buy the 870P.As stated above built with better QC and has all forged and milled parts.The 870 Express was Remington's answer to the Mossberg 500.The 870P will be smoother operating to a 870Tactical/Express based gun and I find that to be important on a slide action shotgun.

Feedback Score
    I would go for the 870P over the tactical, but as mentioned, I might first look for a good Wingmaster.

Feedback Score
    The 870P arrived today. Its got wood which I wasnt sure I would like but now that i can hold it I love it and glad I didnt get synthetic. I cant wait to go shoot it. Planning on getting a blackhawk sling which holds 15 shells and a specter gear buttstock shell holder. Thanks everyone for the advice - I ordered it before everyone told me to look at wingmasters but I got a good deal so it turned out pretty good.

Feedback Score
    Wood is just fine. Might want to cut it to 13-in. LOP or a bit less, then refinish with Tru-Oil or somesuch. Even the utility wood looks premium with an oil finish and it is a good contrast to the parked finish.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12