Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T APC Pro

Feedback Score
    Wow! Not sure how many Grant received but they sold out in a day and a half!
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    So last weekend, I was able to take my APC Pro 9 to the range (Thanks to JoshNC and SLG Defense for the purchase).

Thoughts:

1. The stock trigger is actually pretty good. It’s a shame I need to use the Geissele since I want to SBR it.
    2. Runs smooth. Not much gas to the face for a blow back (if any).
    3. I shot it suppressed using a 3 lug GSL 9 mm suppressor (CMMG Defcan 9 converted to use 3 lug rather than the bilock mount) and it ran perfect over 150 rounds of MEN 124 gr NATO. A real pleasure to shoot.
    4. I highly recommend the base pads Grant (G&R Tactical) sells for the APC 9 magazines. The mags do not drop free from the gun typically. The base pads help, for those of us planning to use this platform in PCC matches.
    5. Ergos of using the safety and bolt release takes some getting used to, for those of us used to the AR platform. However, it is fairly easy to use, and I would suspect the bold capture/release mechanism will break-in with time.

I now need to submit a E-Form 1. SGL has my stock. I was thinking about the telescopic stock, but I guess I’ll try the standard folding stock first.

I also have to figure out the Aimpoint height mount. Haven’t had any time yet to play around with it yet. Too busy with work and a new house.

Anyone else get trigger time?
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 08-31-19 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I don’t have an APC Pro, but on your #1 point, I haven’t been dissatisfied with the factory trigger on any of my B&T firearms. It’s certainly a shame to “have” to change it out because of a stupid rule.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Buying 350 guns is a far cry from adoption
    Contract is for up to 1000 from what I've read. I'm really liking my APC9 Pro. These guns with the new EBR round will make for a sweet system. Be interesting to see what optic they put on them.

I really like having the Glock lower, Sig 320s lowers are coming too. Be interesting to see what SHOT 2020 brings!
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Are there enough domestic parts available to SBR this gun?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

B&T APC Pro

You guys kill me with the parts compliance silliness.

Politicians stoking armed insurrection but folks are still, “oh mate, that there trigger in compliance!?”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    The law is silly, but making a non-compliant rifle is just as much of a felony as making a machine gun. Implying on the internet that you don't comply with the law is silly to me. I'd actually like to know the answer to RAM Engineer's question.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The law is silly, but making a non-compliant rifle is just as much of a felony as making a machine gun. Implying on the internet that you don't comply with the law is silly to me. I'd actually like to know the answer to RAM Engineer's question.
    Sometimes the overabundance of caution leads to a joyless life. Consider the fact that 922 r. Compliance is something manufacturers and importers are concerned with. The ATF will only become even tangentially aware something is wrong if the local Po-po bring it to their attention in the course of an investigation. In which case you mon frére are in far deeper with law than "getting caught with a busted taillight."

Feedback Score
    I agree that it's not a problem until there's another problem, but I have far too much to lose than to risk a felony just to save a few bucks, even if the odds are miniscule. It doesn't bother me one bit if someone disregards 922(r).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    Contract is for up to 1000 from what I've read. I'm really liking my APC9 Pro. These guns with the new EBR round will make for a sweet system. Be interesting to see what optic they put on them.

I really like having the Glock lower, Sig 320s lowers are coming too. Be interesting to see what SHOT 2020 brings!
    Why did you have to tell me that? I am a sucker for pistol carbine combos. I have glock, beretta, s&w combos, now a possible for my M17
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast