Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T APC Pro

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    MP5's, Uzi's, Mac's were very popular for many decades and people used their proprietary magazines for years.
    Were they though? I wasn’t around during that time but it doesn’t seem like many people have them now, and I doubt they would’ve just disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Yes. Decades ago. That was the norm. The trend has gone from that to wanting a SC carry gun, compact gun, full sized or some variant service pistol / game gun/ suppressor host/ RDS capable all compare with the same magazines, and throw in a PDW/braced pistol/carbine taking the same magazines
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was out at the range today with Michael shooting video for Custom Smith Mfg. He has more stock and brace options coming for the B&Ts. Video is up on the Facebook page now. Good stuff.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    What if a newer, better pistol comes along? Better hold off until B&T releases another magwell for compatibility. I imagine the costs for supplying so many different lowers will just kill their margin.
    You really think something new is going to replace Glock as the most widely used handgun? How many Glock killers have we seen in the last few years that have yet to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I plan to stick with the APC mags, primarily due to having a good supply. I snatched most of them up secondhand (discounted) and most were lightly/barely/unused. For my purposes, which are purely recreational, the B&T mags have worked without issue and I prefer the way they look. The optional pistol mag lowers look weird to me, but I understand the value they have to others. I have seen instances, shared by others, of base plate failures, though. I can’t recall specifically, but it was most likely full or partially full mags dropped on concrete. Perhaps, Magpul will get bored someday and develop an APC magazine.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    What if a newer, better pistol comes along? Better hold off until B&T releases another magwell for compatibility. I imagine the costs for supplying so many different lowers will just kill their margin.
    Right now, I would make one in Glock for le/civy and mil. 320 if army going to buy. And consider 92 if any big legacy market buyers. I would make my own glock or whatever compatible 40 round banana clipz, not a proprietary mag. It is a factor that increases sales. Just as if I made a 5.56 carbine it would be AR magwell compatible. And a 7.62x39 carbine would be AK mag compatible.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    Buying 350 guns is a far cry from adoption

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast