Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New Beretta 92X: Steel w/ frame mounted safety

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clb View Post
    I am not overly familiar with IPSC rules on divisions, but my guess would be the "Limited" package is being marketed worldwide to IPSC shooters, not USPSA shooters.
    IPSC Standard = USPSA Limited (close enough)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    It is easier on the safety only version to refine the trigger to its maximum potential, although the decocker version as noted can be near rivaling it with more work.
    Just curious but have you done trigger jobs on both kinds of CZs? I have and the decocker version is no harder to tune than the manual safety version. It's a little more difficult to take apart and put together the first time you do it, but it ain't any harder to clean up.

And a BD trigger will not be almost as good when one is done. It will be just as good including SA reset with the CGW parts available.

But this internet myth gets repeated often enough that it takes on the air of truth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    IPSC Standard = USPSA Limited (close enough)
    I've always assumed that much, but do they treat Major/Minor the same way?

Feedback Score
    Just curious but have you done trigger jobs on both kinds of CZs? I have and the decocker version is no harder to tune than the manual safety version. It's a little more difficult to take apart and put together the first time you do it, but it ain't any harder to clean up.

And a BD trigger will not be almost as good when one is done. It will be just as good including SA reset with the CGW parts available.

But this internet myth gets repeated often enough that it takes on the air of truth.
    I have shot friends decock variants with Cajun triggers in them that are at least as good, maybe even just a touch better, than my Accushadow triggers.

Feedback Score
    do they treat Major/Minor the same way?
    In terms of scoring? Yes.

Feedback Score
    The concerns of tactical timmies were not anywhere near the minds of the Beretta engineers and managers who ran the project.
    Project? It looks to me to be the same frame mounted manual safety that Beretta's made for decades, but chose only to sell in their high cost special edition pistols.

http://www.berettaweb.com/Billennium...Billennium.htm
    Last edited by Bret; 03-21-19 at 09:02.

Feedback Score
    In terms of scoring? Yes.
    In terms of power factor. Is 9mm still a minor round in IPSC? Guess I could just look it up myself too.

Feedback Score
    In terms of power factor. Is 9mm still a minor round in IPSC? Guess I could just look it up myself too.
    I had to look it up. You can run 9 mm major in IPSC Open and Revolver but need a bullet diameter of 10 mm or more for major in Standard and Classic

USPSA allows 9 mm major in Open and Revolver, but allows 357 SIG as an option to make major in Limited and Single Stack

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Project? It looks to me to be the same frame mounted manual safety that Beretta's made for decades, but chose only to sell in their high cost special edition pistols.

http://www.berettaweb.com/Billennium...Billennium.htm
    The whole pistol was designed as a practical pistol competition firearm despite its resemblance (and reuse of some components) to Berettas of the past.

Feedback Score
    I had to look it up. You can run 9 mm major in IPSC Open and Revolver but need a bullet diameter of 10 mm or more for major in Standard and Classic

USPSA allows 9 mm major in Open and Revolver, but allows 357 SIG as an option to make major in Limited and Single Stack
    USPSA I'm good on, just didn't know where IPSC rules stood. Thanks for the clarification.

I wasn't sure if IPSC standard had different rules as to min caliber to make a certain power factor, or if the power factors for major/minor were different than USPSA. Makes me wonder if they will offer a .40 version of this, at least in the Limited/Standard version. They would definitely need to up the magazine capacity on the .40 to be a competitive seller. Don't know that I would buy that gun for limited anyway. I would consider one for production though.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast