Thread: Nikon M-Tactical Scopes

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Nikon M-Tactical Scopes

An online seller has pretty good prices on these and I am considering a 1-4. Any feedback on glass quality, durability, and adjustment precision/repeatability?

FWIW I'm using a Trijicon 1-4 Accupower and a Vortex 2-10x32 PST (and a couple RDS) on ARs now.

Will mount the optic on a non-critical gun but I would like to avoid problems. Use case is casual shooting up to 200M max and it will probably end up on a dedicated .22 lr upper.

I can get a P-Tactical 2-7 rimfire scope for ~ $50 less, but I *think* the M-Tactical is worth the extra money.

Thank You
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-08-19 at 02:20.

Feedback Score
    M-Tactical is supposed to be a level above the P series but never checked one out

There were some vendors... maybe Midway or Natchez? blowing out the "Black" series 1-4 for like $200 which is a step above the M. I would look into that if you can find one

Midway also has the Burris MTAC 1.4-6 for right around $200 which is a good deal

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1548113834

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Nothing against Nikon but I think exposed turrets on any 1X4 are nothing more than a marketing strategy (Looks cool) that will turn into a liability in the field. How often would you dial 4X scope. Especially at the OP's stated 200 yard max.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    You both make excellent points. The Nikon M-Tactical 1-4x is right at $160 at EuroOptic,

The Nikon Black 1-4x is $217 on Amazon right now, so about $10 over the Mtac 1.5-6x.

How would the Nikon Black compare to the Mtac, glass, quality, etc?
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-08-19 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    Nikon Black is $199 on Optics Planet currently. Not sure on the glas comparision, but i looked through one at a store and was impressed with the glass for the price even at $399.

Mrgunsandgear did a video on it.. Between those options i would prob go with teh Nikon Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQq2DDNh_KI

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I was tempted by the M-Tac, but picked up the Nikon Black 1-4. I thought it was surprising they are discounting a 2 year old scope design so heavily, but then read that they have a new 1-6 version.

Thanks
    Andy

Feedback Score
    I think you will be happy with it for the price.

Please update with your thoughts once you have done time with it