Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVO and TALL Scope Mount Options

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Don't overthink this.

Paging @GTF425 for insight on this subject.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Don't overthink this.

Paging @GTF425 for insight on this subject.
    Nah, the last time I tried to help, someone got all cunty.
    Last edited by GTF425; 03-13-19 at 10:26.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I would love to hear your opinion on this. Even if it only went through PM and not on the page.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    Looking for some aid in selecting a 34mm TALL optic mount for a LPVO.

Also interested in hearing thoughts from those using them. My short time playing with them would indicate an advantage for faster target acquisition and clearing lasers. I understand that some sacrifice may be made when prone but an advantage for standing and fighting.
    OP was quite clear on what he was looking for, all the posts on lower is better, prone etc. are a waste of bandwidth. I have the LaRue and like it and a couple of ADM's on 30 mm's and like them, once you get used to the high mounts the 1.5's feel unnatural.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Lets hear it. I’ve been reading this thread because I’m considering an ADM high mount for my P4Xi.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

LPVO and TALL Scope Mount Options

I’m a big fan. I used a P4Xi in a standard ADM for about a year after several years on an EXPS 3. I always felt like I had to scrunch my neck a good amount to be able to find the eye box. Switching to a G 1.93” mount was a noticeable difference for the better and while I do think that it varies from person to person, IMO if you’re not shooting something SPRish that is meant to be mostly shot from the prone, it’s definitely something that deserves consideration. We’ve evolved from the days where guns with magnification were only shot off bipods after dialing, it seems logical that the optic mount would be part of that evolution, pro mask/laser or not. That being said, I’ve spent a lot of my recent range trips shooting groups from a bipod and rear bag. Yes, it does make that more difficult. Every now and then, it does cause a bit of strain. However, I’ll take the occasional prone neck strain over the frequent standing neck strain all day. Plus, it’s not too hard to figure out as long as you don’t mind a mouth breather cheek weld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 07-20-19 at 23:59.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I wouldn't necessarily swap out an existing mount for a 1.93 type, laser obstruction at 1x is an anecdotal point to buy into that height. Lots of bad guys have been successfully killed with FSB's and enormous laser boxes in front of an absolute or lower 1/3 mount.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily swap out an existing mount for a 1.93 type, laser obstruction at 1x is an anecdotal point to buy into that height. Lots of bad guys have been successfully killed with FSB's and enormous laser boxes in front of an absolute or lower 1/3 mount.
    Sure have. There are also lots of bad guys that have been killed with USGI triggers, M855, PVS-7s, and iron sights, none of which are ideal IMO. It all comes down to how you want to spend your money.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Sure have. There are also lots of bad guys that have been killed with USGI triggers, M855, PVS-7s, and iron sights, none of which are ideal IMO. It all comes down to how you want to spend your money.

Didn't know you were the official spokesperson for tall optic mounts. How about you fire up that GPC to buy one for everyone in your unit. Don't infer that your opinion trumps all and stop arguing about subjective topics.

I've ran 1.93" mounts for both LPVO (Vortex Razor 1-6), several KAC and Geissele Aimpoint micro mounts. It's back to the traditional 1.5" for the scope and lower 1/3 on non-magnified for me.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Lets hear it. I’ve been reading this thread because I’m considering an ADM high mount for my P4Xi.
    I've been keeping an eye this thread hoping he'd come back around, too. Hell, I'd be happy to read the "cunty" thread.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast