Page 10 of 149 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile View Post
    This is why I like the detachable pouches like ATS makes. I can keep the pouch on the rear of the belt but since it is designed to tear away I can easily grab it and get to everything without having to remove the belt.

One of the guys has one of those and while I like the detach panel and the execution is as solid as I could hope for...it's still misplaced for a first-line belt in my opinion. If the brass popped for one for each our team's shooters they would be on their Predators immediately. Until then...

Everybody that's worked a sporty scene professionally has dealt with (or had Fire deal with) cleaning up the med supplies explosion that happens when bilateral lines and a couple Et attempts happen along with necessary pertinent secondary trauma care. We also know how bad it sucks to contaminate everything we have while folding it back together so we don't lose something needed later during transport. If it's a) so tightly packed that it won't reassemble without bright lights and cognition or b) impossible to close without three hands and a guide...it's a problem. That's one reason I dig the HSGI IV wraps with a bag tied in.

That ATS small would be great for a buddy aid vest pouch to use the casualty's own supplies on them and discard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile View Post
    There are a few different ways, the way I did it is pretty 'ghetto' but it works and was cheap. I bolted the holster to a piece of kydex and then used a couple of short MALICE clips to attach the kydex to the webbing.

The problem is that most "duty" belts are 2", but even then there are holsters available to fit them.

ETA, also pay attention to the buckles used on the belts. Many "duty" belts have buckles that cannot be removed so you'll need a holster that 'clamps' onto the belt rather than one that has to slide on.
    This is a follow up to your idea. Since I wanted to use a belt holster with 1 1/2 inch slots on a 2 inch duty belt, I had Strapworks sew this piece of webbing that I used with belt keepers to attach to the belt. This belt is a 1 1/2 inch since I have not received the duty belt yet.

"The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have one of these on order, we'll see how it is when I get it in my hands.

http://www.originalsoegear.com/mollebelt.html

He seems to have a few good reviews over on lightfighter.net

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one of those on order too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I may as well play too:

Eagle Industries duty belt. Blackhawk 3 pocket pistol mag pouch with retention that I got for 6 bucks. Eagle Industries DMP-FB-M16 pouch. Two Eagle Industries DMP-M-16 pouches.

Not pictured is a Blade Tech holster for a Surefire light and an accessory pouch.

It's mainly an AR training rig. I just recently acquired a Blade-Tech scabbard holster for the M&P with a light mounted on it that will most likely end up replacing the pictured 6004.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The ideas posted in this thread have really helped me to think through how I want to set up my belt. I want to start training more like I will fight as a civilian, as I am no longer active duty so the chances of me donning armor anymore are slim.

I wear a lot of cargo shorts, and if I ever need to deploy my AR-15, chances are I'll have my 1911 on my belt with two spare mags, and I'll grab a couple AR-15 mags and throw them in my weak side cargo pocket. For me, the best way to get the most out of training is to go with some sort of belt set up like you all have shown.

My problem is unless I deploy again, I will not be using a 6004 anymore, so I don't want to wear one in training. I'd like to run a padded belt with MOLLE attachments so that while in class, I will have a BOK, CSM dump pouch, M4 mags and 1911 mags on my person, along with the 1911 (no more damn M9 for me!). Any suggestions on how to run a normal kydex holster (Blade-Tech or COMPTAC) on a MOLLE belt? I'm going to look into the solution of bolting to a piece of kydex like one poster mentioned.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is anyone running the Eagle Padded Molle Duty Belt? If you have pictures of it on and off I'd like to see them. How are you attatching duty holsters to this set up"?

Also in reference to the Duty Belt Pad, that is used in concert with the regular duty belt. How do you think this would work in uniform? I see that Keepers would be out of the questionwith this set up?

Thanks,
    Jack

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i'm really liking the look of the Blackwater I O belt; overall construction and the rings for shoulder straps. any leads on who makes shoulder straps / suspenders that would be a good add on to this belt should one decide they need the extra support or expandability?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYank! View Post
    i'm really liking the look of the Blackwater I O belt; overall construction and the rings for shoulder straps. any leads on who makes shoulder straps / suspenders that would be a good add on to this belt should one decide they need the extra support or expandability?

Snag some 1" webbing and tie up your own. Can't beat the price! I used some 1" cam-lock ITW hardware on the front so I can adjust the height but it's nothing the proper knot wouldn't take care of. There's not enough weight to need wider webbing and they make getting into the jalopy that much easier.

I would have sewn them if the machine wasn't put up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post

Snag some 1" webbing and tie up your own. Can't beat the price! I used some 1" cam-lock ITW hardware on the front so I can adjust the height but it's nothing the proper knot wouldn't take care of. There's not enough weight to need wider webbing and they make getting into the jalopy that much easier.

I would have sewn them if the machine wasn't put up.
    Resq47,

How comfortable is the pad on your duty. I've been thinking of ordering one , but not sure. I guess a $20 isn't bad for pain it saves from having the belt cut into my side!
    Dead men tell no tales!

Page 10 of 149 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast