Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

This will have to do for now, until I win lottery

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hey, don't sweat it Ledanek, when I was trying out the battle belt concept, I started with nearly the same thing, albeit with my duty belt gear, rather than a traditional first line. I spent $6 on a construction tool belt pad, made a couple mods, inserted gun belt, holster, mag pouches, and a dump pouch and gave it a whirl. Found out I liked the concept and am working on upgrading. If it works, it works!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's my duty belt setup for work:

Left to right....
    -Safariland 94 Duty Belt 2.25in
    -Safariland 170 Silent Key Keeper w/ miscellaneous keys
    -Surefire V70 Light Holster with Surefire 6PX Pro
    -Blackhawk Serpa Holster with Taser X2
    -Safariland 762 Swivel Radio Holder with Motorola XTS5000R and Motorola Commander II
    -Safariland 38 OC Spray Holder with Sabre OC Spray 5% Cone
    -Safariland 692 Baton Ring for Monadnock PR-24 (our department issues ASP 21" expandable batons, but we have the option to carry the PR-24...I carry the PR-24, but most of the time it rides right next to the seat rail in the Crown Vic)
    -DeSantis Open Top Handcuff Case with Peerless Model 700 Chain Handcuffs
    -Safariland 690 Handcuff Strap with S&W Model 300 Hinge Handcuffs
    -Safariland 6360 ALS Holster with department issued Glock 22
    -Safariland 77 Double Magazine Pouch with department issued 15 round Glock .40 magazines

Also pictured:
    -MagLite 3D LED (I use the ring for it as a belt keeper)
    -Galco Ankle Glove with personal Glock 26 (I use this as my back up and always carry it on my ankle at work)

Not pictured:
    -Don Hume Hobble Strap (I keep it on my right ankle)
    -TDI KaBar Law Enforcement knife (I keep it behind the duty belt on my off-hand side)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Re did my glock holster I had previously made.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is anyone running a weapons catch? I found/find it very useful when "humpin" around town?

Also, I also went away from a padded belt set up. Pics to follow as soon as I can post 'em.

Feedback Score

My contribution

Not the most expensive rig out there, but it does a good job.

Condor Battle Belt
    Tactical Assault Gear Cobra Buckle Riggers Belt
    Condor Rip-Away EMT Pouch
    Condor triple magazine pouch
    VooDoo Large Dump Pouch
    VooDoo open top M4 Pouch
    Sarfariland SLS Holster
    Stainless SIG_SAUER P226 S&W .40, TLR-1s

Planning to upgrade to:
    5.11 BROKOS Belt
    Safariland ALS Drop leg Holster
    HSGI Taco Magazine Pouches

No Rush, it is just money!
    CRPA and NRA Life member
    GLOCK Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer, Mossberg 5xx Armorer, 1911 Armorer, M16/AR15 Armorer, Tactical First Aid Primary Responder
    NRA Range Safety Officer, Certified Pistol, Shotgun and Rifle Instructor

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I just got the belt today, US Grunt Gear Infidel II belt with the cobra buckle. Two TACO rifle pouches and one pistol pouch, left the other one at home, a G-Code pistol holster with the RTI attachment for Beretta M9. I also have a Tactical Tailor pistol mag pouch just in front of the holster to hold flashlight, IZLID or something else, haven't decided yet, might not even keep it there.

Also might add a TT dump pouch I have or one of those S.O.Tech low profile med pouches and possibly my 5" Grayman Suenami knife.

What I might do, if I get issued a 7.62 rifle as apposed to a 5.56 (SDM) as I'll move the TACOs around so there is a row of pals between them to accommodate the larger mags and put the pistol TACOs on the rifle ones.

Intended use of the belt is for my upcoming deployment as an FO/ SDM/ Gunner/ SFAAT member.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    a G-Code pistol holster with the RTI attachment for Beretta M9.
    How's the quality, function of the G-Code? Have you used a Safariland? Differences and opinion would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My only experience with the safariland holsters are extremely limited, just playing around with a friend's holster and dummy gun. I didn't really care for the thumb release on the safariland. I'm still getting used to the G-Code, but I like the thumb release on it better so far, the straight down push seems more natural to me. prior holsters that I have more experience with are a TT and various SERPAs. Overall I can't find any issues or problems with the G-Code, I'm really liking the RTI set up and how solid it is, I ran my buddies dummy gun in it a few times to check it out and everything worked like a charm.
    Last edited by rero360; 12-31-12 at 17:52.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Once you use a Safariland, you won't want to use anything else. Superior action, build and quality. You will pay for it, but it's worth the reliability. Get rid of the Blackhawk crap.

Page 101 of 149 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast