Page 102 of 149 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckpatriot View Post
    Once you use a Safariland, you won't want to use anything else. Superior action, build and quality. You will pay for it, but it's worth the reliability. Get rid of the Blackhawk crap.
    Just went and took a look at my battle belt that I ran in AFG earlier this year.

Safariland 6005 holster
    Viking Tactics Battle Belt and Cobra Belt
    Blade-tech double rifle mag pouch w/ Tek-lok
    Endom double rifle mag pouch
    Blade-tech double pistol mag pouch w/ Tek-lok
    A few other items on there that aren't really relevant. It cost me a fair amount. Probably close to $1000 when it was all said and done, with replacements but it fit like a glove and I never worried about failures.

Ran with a triple mag pouch by Voodoo Tactical on my plate carrier to keep my chest as low profile as possible for weapon control. Voodoo tactical actually makes pretty decent value gear. I liked their gloves also.

On that note, the gear issued by the military, for all of the $$ spent by taxpayer, is absolute garbage. The IOTV, bandoleers/mag holders and all the other crap that they want the average Joe to carry allows for no movement, flexibility, speed or weapon control. It is bulky and dangerous.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Almost all ATS, 2 ar mag holster, 2 single pistol mag holsters with kydex inserts. dump pouch, and double pistol pouch for Multitool and flashlight. Holster made in my garage. Made a kydex hook and wrapped it in multicam fabric also and it holds my muffs when not in use. 5.11 boot knife is also hanging out in there.

Last edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5; 01-04-13 at 06:20.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Its complete....

USGI Sure Grip Padded Belt
    HSGI Tacos
    HSGI Bleeder Blow Out Kit w/BFG Tourniquet NOW
    Safariland Holster w G Code RTI Attachment
    EMDOM Inner Belt

Feedback Score

Holster Recommendations

I've searched and came up empty.....

Question is what holster would be best suited on a belt while running a chest rig? I am new to shooting tactical and will hopefully be taking a class in the near future.

I have the SKD PIG UCR now. I carry daily with crossbreed IWB holsters. What OWB holster do you recommend:

I've looked at these:
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=101

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/p....aspx?pid=6005 *
    *can this holster be converted to a belt as well?

I'm open to suggestions. Many thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    I've searched and came up empty.....

Question is what holster would be best suited on a belt while running a chest rig? I am new to shooting tactical and will hopefully be taking a class in the near future.

I have the SKD PIG UCR now. I carry daily with crossbreed IWB holsters. What OWB holster do you recommend:

I've looked at these:
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=101

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/p....aspx?pid=6005 *
    *can this holster be converted to a belt as well?

I'm open to suggestions. Many thanks.
    You cannot go wrong with either one. I personally like Safariland holsters. I actually run a modified drop leg, but would like to find a belt drop and offset replacement at some point to mimic my EDC holster more closely. If you run it between 3 and 5 o'clock or so normally for CCW, then so much the better as it enforces muscle memory.

EDIT: Holy crap, your post must have been moved. I posted and all of a sudden I was in a thread 51 pages long!
    Last edited by Prairie Patriot; 01-15-13 at 21:44.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Patriot View Post
    You cannot go wrong with either one. I personally like Safariland holsters. I actually run a modified drop leg, but would like to find a belt drop and offset replacement at some point to mimic my EDC holster more closely. If you run it between 3 and 5 o'clock or so normally for CCW, then so much the better as it enforces muscle memory.

EDIT: Holy crap, your post must have been moved. I posted and all of a sudden I was in a thread 51 pages long!
    HA! I was surprised too..... caught me off guard but I'm glad it's in the right place now. Thanks for the reply.

I like the safariland too but just need to ensure it can be converted into a paddle or something for the belt.

would the minatour interfere with the chest rig?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    would the minatour interfere with the chest rig?
    I am honestly not sure. It probably depends on if you have a long/short torso and where you have the chest rig riding on you.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

The begining

This is when I first got this months ago, almost a year.
    HSGI SGPB

Last edited by 420ollie; 01-22-13 at 14:57.
    Live FREE don't DIE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    After I set it up with what I had.

THe pistol and ar pouches are condor along with the dump pouch. The holster is Tactical tailor. It sucks trying to redo the thumb snap right away. The small GP pouch is made in the USA not sure what brand. The knife is a Coldsteel Kobun tied to the belt with 550.

I ran it for a while but the holster was lacking for me. I later added the drop adapter with holster. I got on for my 1911 and XD.

Last edited by 420ollie; 01-22-13 at 14:56.
    Live FREE don't DIE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We were out running the belt on a cold day. Having fun shooting strongside and the support side on different targets.

click on pic to view video.

Last edited by 420ollie; 01-22-13 at 15:03.
    Live FREE don't DIE!

Page 102 of 149 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast