Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 420ollie View Post
    After I set it up with what I had.

THe pistol and ar pouches are condor along with the dump pouch. The holster is Tactical tailor. It sucks trying to redo the thumb snap right away. The small GP pouch is made in the USA not sure what brand. The knife is a Coldsteel Kobun tied to the belt with 550.

I ran it for a while but the holster was lacking for me. I later added the drop adapter with holster. I got on for my 1911 and XD.

Nice setup
    Frog Lube Fanboy BCM Koolaid Drinker
    olds442tyguy: I prefer buying American not because of the cost, but because of the integrity. I'd rather send some greedy American guy a couple extra bucks than pay a couple bucks for an inferior product that's likely made from recycled condoms.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks.

Here it is setup now just need to change some things.

2 rifle tacos, I got these because I run different rifles.
    3 pistol tacos, 2 pistols mags the other for a light.
    same knife Coldsteel kobun fastened the same. I may try a short malice clip later.
    EGL loppy Duty belt dump pouch. I may change this again because when I was running I had some mags fall out and it closed once on me. I'm gonna take my Emdom one off my plate carrier and try it on this belt.
    HSGI bleeder blowout pouch in Ranger green with supplies and shears. I didn't get to put my CAT TQ on it at the time.
    Condor pistol mag pouch. I still have this to secure my multitool with tool bits. Leather man wave.
    I got the G-code holster setup with the RTI sytem. It works out great.
    Same USA made pouch, Unknown brand. I like this GP pouch because it is not too big for the belt.

Last edited by 420ollie; 01-23-13 at 11:11.
    Live FREE don't DIE!

Feedback Score

old set up

Heres an old pic of the crappy Blackhawk belt i used to use with my PC. Wasnt too impressed with it, although it did hold up to a lot of abuse. Ill get some pictures up of my new set up soon.

Attachment 15056
    When you do something stupid, you're supposed to suffer. -Bill Wilson

Psalm 144:1

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    HSGI Sure Grip Padded Belt W/ Cobra Belt (A-TACS)

1x Dbl decker TACO
    1x X2R Taco
    NC Star roll up dump pouch
    ATS Medical pouch - SMALL (IFAK)
    1x Dbl decker TACO
    HSGI Mini modular drop leg platform
    Strike Platform with Serpa QD system
    ESEE 6

Feedback Score

current work setup

So my current setup for work, vast improvement over the old. Cant say enough about the belt, its freking awesome. When im using it at home for ranges or classes or just dicking around in the back yeard shooting, I drop the NVG pouch and attach my Raven Phantom holster for my Glock 21sf.

Attachment 15069

VTAC Brokos belt
    HSGI Cobra belt
    x2 HSGI Double Decker TACO
    Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit with CAT Tourniquet and trauma shears
    Some random pouch I found to hold my NVGs, not sure who makes it.
    Camelbak Max Grip Gloves
    When you do something stupid, you're supposed to suffer. -Bill Wilson

Psalm 144:1

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Tactical Dress Belt

Check out the new Tactical Dress Belt from First Spear.
    Anyone who needs to carry all their equipment and not show it, could really benefit from this.
    I've been wearing one for work and am very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Need a Little Help

Can somebody do me a huge favor?
    Can I get a picture of a thinner/normal sized person wearing the USGI Suregrip belt with the pistol mag pouches mounted as far foward as they will go on the MOLLE panel? (ie, in the first slot)

I'm looking at the design of the belt, and from what I've seen here, I like it, BUT looking at the part where the inner belt runs out of the padded section, seeing as how there's NO MOLLE that far foward, and given that I like (or should I say, "need") my pistol mags pretty far foward on my support side, I'm worried that they will not be able to mount far enough foward.
    And if they can't do that, then there's going to be a BIG problem, given how I want to run this and that I am pretty thin right now...

Also-

1)How wide are the inner belts USGI provides? Apparently the Cobra is 1.75". How about the standard Duty belt? Same?

2)Is it worth it for HSGI's Cobra over their standard Duty inner belt?
    I know people rave over the Cobra stuff, and the Duty is fugly and I hate those stupid fanny-pack buckles on a belt, but I'll suck it up if I can save a little money for a "just as effective" option versus the Cobra.

3)Have you fellows found a 1.75" or full 2" inner belt to get the job of holding your padded/battle belt up/in place done better?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Can somebody do me a huge favor?
    Can I get a picture of a thinner/normal sized person wearing the USGI Suregrip belt with the pistol mag pouches mounted as far foward as they will go on the MOLLE panel? (ie, in the first slot)

I'm looking at the design of the belt, and from what I've seen here, I like it, BUT looking at the part where the inner belt runs out of the padded section, seeing as how there's NO MOLLE that far foward, and given that I like (or should I say, "need") my pistol mags pretty far foward on my support side, I'm worried that they will not be able to mount far enough foward.
    And if they can't do that, then there's going to be a BIG problem, given how I want to run this and that I am pretty thin right now...

Also-

1)How wide are the inner belts USGI provides? Apparently the Cobra is 1.75". How about the standard Duty belt? Same?

2)Is it worth it for HSGI's Cobra over their standard Duty inner belt?
    I know people rave over the Cobra stuff, and the Duty is fugly and I hate those stupid fanny-pack buckles on a belt, but I'll suck it up if I can save a little money for a "just as effective" option versus the Cobra.

3)Have you fellows found a 1.75" or full 2" inner belt to get the job of holding your padded/battle belt up/in place done better?

I run my mags starting at the 3rd molle row. They are in the right spot for me. I am 175 lbs. , 5'11 and have a 33 inch waist. I got the medium SGPB with the cobra inner belt.

1. The duty belt is 2" wide
    2. IMO it is definitely worth getting the Cobra belt. A quick release is a must have for these battle belts and i dont trust plastic fastex buckles
    3. It is really just opinion. As long as the belt is good quality and is the correct size for your waist it wont matter. The cobra belt, being 1.75", is amazing.

Oh yeah, i would have moved them to the first molle row.... but TACOS are a pain in the ass to move around
    Last edited by ckimball09; 02-01-13 at 23:48.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckimball09 View Post
    I run my mags starting at the 3rd molle row. They are in the right spot for me. I am 175 lbs. , 5'11 and have a 33 inch waist. I got the medium SGPB with the cobra inner belt.
    I see- looks like it should work. I'm 5' 10 and 32 in. waist, so the panels should be more than forward enough.

Thanks!
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckimball09 View Post
    I got the medium SGPB with the cobra inner belt.
    I wish companies would stop putting those useless boat-anchor D-rings on these belts.

The same capability can be attained by using a simple loop of webbing.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast