Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
    Does the BW overbelt have slots for dropleg hangers like the ICE or do you have to wrap them all around the padding?
    I just got an I/O belt today and am moving all my shit over to it. Looks like it might be the heat if you can't afford a BLAST belt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    The ideas posted in this thread have really helped me to think through how I want to set up my belt. I want to start training more like I will fight as a civilian, as I am no longer active duty so the chances of me donning armor anymore are slim.

I wear a lot of cargo shorts, and if I ever need to deploy my AR-15, chances are I'll have my 1911 on my belt with two spare mags, and I'll grab a couple AR-15 mags and throw them in my weak side cargo pocket. For me, the best way to get the most out of training is to go with some sort of belt set up like you all have shown.

My problem is unless I deploy again, I will not be using a 6004 anymore, so I don't want to wear one in training. I'd like to run a padded belt with MOLLE attachments so that while in class, I will have a BOK, CSM dump pouch, M4 mags and 1911 mags on my person, along with the 1911 (no more damn M9 for me!). Any suggestions on how to run a normal kydex holster (Blade-Tech or COMPTAC) on a MOLLE belt? I'm going to look into the solution of bolting to a piece of kydex like one poster mentioned.
    Look at what I did with the webbing and Sidearmor holster. That arrangement definitely works with the belt keepers passed over the kydex where the belt normally passes through. The Blade-Tech holster is different in that the belt slot is much more open. A similar arrangement would work, but the strap would probably need to be reinforced to be stiffer.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    Resq47,

How comfortable is the pad on your duty. I've been thinking of ordering one , but not sure. I guess a $20 isn't bad for pain it saves from having the belt cut into my side!
    I use the BW I-O belt, and for the money and my application it's unbeatable. As for the 'duty' part, at work it's standard basketweave leather...

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    James, what belt/pad is that?
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    James- Did you paint that Surefire holster. If so whose paint and what color is it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    James, what belt/pad is that?
    that would be the Blackwater I-O belt , great piece of gear , relatively inexpensive and still good quality

Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    James- Did you paint that Surefire holster. If so whose paint and what color is it?
    no, thats just the standard v70 holster and it comes in tan

Feedback Score
    I love my IO, I even bought one for my Fiance.
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score
    duty belt i used recently in a police explorer competition

things i wish i had on there
    ASP baton
    X26

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by James K View Post
    duty belt i used recently in a police explorer competition

things i wish i had on there
    ASP baton
    X26