Page 113 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score

Re: First line belts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    does anyone make a good quality narrower and thinner battle belt?

ideal setup would be two rows of molle high with about a 1/2" material above and below the molle for comfort(mainly to keep edges of molle inserts from rubbing), good grippy inside layer similar to the hsgi suregrip and perhaps even a modular setup not requiring an "inner belt" to reduce layering thickness and unnecessary additional weight.

anything out there meet these standards?

something similar to this only with 2 layers of molle instead of just one (pic stolen from tornado)
    A few members have commented on this one.. http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...nfighter-belt/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Just finished my Brokos belt.

HSGI Cobra inner belt
    3 Double Decker Tacos
    Tactical Tailor dump bag
    Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit Now
    Kramer Gutshot knife
    Raven Concealment holster
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C S Lewis

Feedback Score

Battle Belt recommendations?

Hey, gang. I've enjoyed reading through this thread and learned a lot- thanks to everyone who has posted. I'd now like to try to put together a belt primarily for pistol/carbine training courses, and secondarily for a get home belt in case the world gets turned upside down. (I have no need to use on the job.) Here's what I have in mind:

High Speed Gear Sure Grip belt
    Double decker AR/pistol mag TACOs x 2
    Pistol TACO single mag pouch (for flashlight or mag)
    RollyPolly dump pouch

The big question in my mind is the holster. My wife and I are Glock 19/26 people. Sometimes I have a light on the G19, sometimes not. Going with a Kydex holster (G-Code OSH w/Molle claw) will lock me into one pistol and commit to either the light or without- no changing. Alternatively, a universal holster (BDS Tactical Modular Universal Holster) would allow me to swap pistol and light configurations as necessary. Do not want a drop holster. Want something to sit low enough that I can wear plates should I ever get some.Thoughts?

I'm not going to compete in 3 gun. I am not going to the sandbox. But, I would like to have a good setup with reasonable quality gear for training and for the remote chance of trying to get home in the setting of civil unrest. Appreciate any and all input, thanks!!!!

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bd...al-holster.cfm

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tower59 View Post
    Hey, gang. I've enjoyed reading through this thread and learned a lot- thanks to everyone who has posted. I'd now like to try to put together a belt primarily for pistol/carbine training courses, and secondarily for a get home belt in case the world gets turned upside down. (I have no need to use on the job.) Here's what I have in mind:

High Speed Gear Sure Grip belt
    Double decker AR/pistol mag TACOs x 2
    Pistol TACO single mag pouch (for flashlight or mag)
    RollyPolly dump pouch

The big question in my mind is the holster. My wife and I are Glock 19/26 people. Sometimes I have a light on the G19, sometimes not. Going with a Kydex holster (G-Code OSH w/Molle claw) will lock me into one pistol and commit to either the light or without- no changing. Alternatively, a universal holster (BDS Tactical Modular Universal Holster) would allow me to swap pistol and light configurations as necessary. Do not want a drop holster. Want something to sit low enough that I can wear plates should I ever get some.Thoughts?

I'm not going to compete in 3 gun. I am not going to the sandbox. But, I would like to have a good setup with reasonable quality gear for training and for the remote chance of trying to get home in the setting of civil unrest. Appreciate any and all input, thanks!!!!

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bd...al-holster.cfm
    Why not a G-Code with RTI and a few holsters? Great holsters and its super convenient to swap between G19, G19 w/TLR1, or 1911 for me. The only one disadvantage I have for the setup is that it sticks out from your body much more than other holsters, but you can't have everything. And for me its never been enough to switch to something else.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Safariland ALS holsters will lock in your pistol without the light. You probably lose a bit in retention, but it can be done.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Safariland ALS holsters will lock in your pistol without the light. You probably lose a bit in retention, but it can be done.
    Same as the Blade-Tech WRS. Just got mine in yesterday.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It's a pics thread guys. Take it to a separate thread to discuss possible setups.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

VTAC Cobra
    VTAC Brokos
    USGG Triple Pouch
    Condor IFAK
    Maxpedition Dump
    Raven
    Kershaw

* Upon posting this I noticed that when I re-hung the gear after sewing on some Velcro I put the dump pouch and IFAK on backwards. I have since moved the dump pouch next to the mag holder where it belongs. Durr
    Last edited by MJLman; 08-04-13 at 18:50. Reason: My own stupidity
    Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
    Bruce Lee

Feedback Score

First line belts

Feedback Score

Update

Ok updated my TYR Gunfighter belt and I'm really liking it. I added a First Spear pistol mag pouch and I dumped my hated drop leg platform for a Safariland UBL low ride attachment. The pistol mag pouch is rigid so it makes for a smooth draw of a fresh mag. The ubl is so much more stable on the belt then that damn drop leg attachment. Gtg

Page 113 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast