Page 125 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If anyone needs one. I have a multicam G19 w/ x300 holster with a Sarfariland duty drop that I made on accident (should have had an RTI hanger)
    PM me and I'll knock 15% off the price, and send you some crappy cell phone pictures.

Feedback Score
    I've read through 25 to 30 pages of this thread, so I haven't read the whole thing. Maybe this question has been asked and answered, so just kick me if it has. Has anyone used one of the Safariland ELS systems as a first line belt? Is that system just a gamer rig and has no place in the real world?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Feedback Score
    If you're going to be changing stuff up a lot, the the ELS is fine. If you're planning on a fixed set, it'll probably work but others may be more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay34 View Post
    I've read through 25 to 30 pages of this thread, so I haven't read the whole thing. Maybe this question has been asked and answered, so just kick me if it has. Has anyone used one of the Safariland ELS systems as a first line belt? Is that system just a gamer rig and has no place in the real world?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    I don't know if the ELS is just a gamer rig or not, but I'd check out the G-Code RTI system. It's a lot more straightforward than the Safariland ELS/MLS/QLS, with fewer parts. I tried the Safariland system, but prefer the G-Code RTI wheels. They can actually be used with other manufacturers' holsters, including Safariland. A few of Off The Grid Concepts' kickass holsters can be ordered to work with the RTI system.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HSGI SlimGrip belt
    HSGI Pistol Taco x3
    ITW FastMag x2
    Safariland ALS w/RTI wheel
    I plan on adding a med kit.
    This belt is set up for training. Maybe if my agency decides to enter the 21st Century and they allow us carry long guns I will revisit my setup. I've worn it to one class and I'm happy w/it so far.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    20150628_012525.jpg

Uhhh...guys?

I think I'm doing something wrong. My stuff doesn't look anything like yours...

And where is the Third Line Handbags thread? I have like three bags, varying in size, of med gear that rides in my vehicle and can be either grabbed to dismount or staged to treat wounded occupants if the vehicle get hits.

"How do you sit with all that shit?" you might ask? Sideways, and uncomfortably.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOW_0331 View Post
    20150628_012525.jpg

Uhhh...guys?

I think I'm doing something wrong. My stuff doesn't look anything like yours..

And where is the Third Line Handbags thread? I have like three bags, varying in size, of med gear that rides in my vehicle and can be either grabbed to dismount or staged to treat wounded occupants if the vehicle get hits.

"How do you sit with all that shit?" you might ask? Sideways, and uncomfortably.
    What's in all the pouches? No mags? And what comms are you using?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason0311 View Post
    What's in all the pouches? No mags? And what comms are you using?
    Yeah I get a D- for photography skills here. Sorry.

Theres a 30rd in a single carrier, and behind the G17 mag is an additional 20rd mag. The purpose of my belt is to have something that can be comfortably worn even when I've dropped my armor carrier, and have everything I need on me to;
    1. Fight my way to a casualty.
    2. Treat on arrival.

The thinner med pouch has the necessary items to start fluids for up to two packs. Also a 50ml NS or Plasma for immediate fluid replacement. The little pouch in between the two holds my GPS, comm cheat sheet, cas cards, and a bunch of water protected spare batteries. The larger tear-away med kit is an exact copy of the trauma kit I carry on my armor carrier panel (think HSP D3 type). This kit has enough quick clot, TQs, H Dressings, and other clotting agents to treat multiple GSWs and up to three limb losses. Its big, but being able to tear it off and hand it to another medic or an EMT trained team member might free me up to move on to a higher priority cas.

Theother bags I mentioned range from the smallest being a fanny pack with more fluids, tape and splinting gauze rolls, and pressure dressings. I usually keep it in the glove box with the radio charger. The next is a pretty good sized "butt pack" that I found works better with a sling than on the belt. 250ml fluids bags (x2) and an array of clotting agents, IV lines and a myriad of bandages. The biggest is an old LAPG "Bug out Bag" which carries a bunch more fluids and the like, as well as Steth and BPC to monitor vitals, hot and cold packs for heat casualties or to prevent hyping out if someone is in svhock. Also an AED with two spare cartridges.

Attacks are usually pretty quick, and keeping a focus on mobility has made my priority less about carrying 1800rds for my rifle. While my primary MOS was 0331 years back, I'm not too interested in being able to lay down suppressive fire for hours anymore. There are other guys who do that. Everyone has a role.

The radio is a basic ICOM (HAM) ITC kit with a splice cable so I can monitor a large movement channel or a smaller handheld (Kenwood) team radio. Nothing too fancy, but what works. Not too worried about crypto and fill.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Someone recommend me a good FAK pouch, two MOLLE panels/One M4 Magazine Pouch in width, in OD.

Please and thank you.

Page 125 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast