Page 13 of 149 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll probably keep it if for no other reason than I'd get pennies on the dollar to sell it, but I definitely prefer my Eagle FB chest rigs even in the heat. It may just be my body type or whatever, but I only wore this belt for a couple of hours (without AR mags even) and found it very uncomfortable. I can't imagine three 8+ hour days.

Feedback Score
    Some belts incorporate suspender attachment points, not sure if that would be an option for you.

Does this have a tunnel for a duty belt? Many of the belts I've seen are basically tubular pads that you run a stiff belt through for support. Think Wilderness 5 stitch laminated belt or something along those lines. And these belts are worn higher up on the torso, above your pants belt. When they get loaded down, that's where the suspenders come in (DBT, HSGI).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linea_de_Fuego View Post
    This is a follow up to your idea. Since I wanted to use a belt holster with 1 1/2 inch slots on a 2 inch duty belt, I had Strapworks sew this piece of webbing that I used with belt keepers to attach to the belt. This belt is a 1 1/2 inch since I have not received the duty belt yet.

Linea_de_Fuego, how did this work out for you? Does it hold the holster securely enough? Did you have any issues or problems with it?
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've never ran AR mags on a molle belt before. I think it would be something I would be interested in trying however I'm wondering if it would work with armor. I've never tried it, but I sure no a pistol and pistol mags can get hung up on it, not just when drawing them out, but if you have to sit they tend to "get in the way". Anybody have anything to add on this when armor is added to the mix. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My rifle pouches are set up low on the belt so the tops of the mags are pretty much even with the top of the belt. I think most molle pouches will end that way.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Here's my rig I've got all set up:

I use this:
    OSOE Cobra Belt

Inside this:
    OSOE Modular War Belt

With my Smith and Wesson M&P9 in this:
    Safariland 6004

Carrying AK mags in one of these:
    Eggroll AK Shingle
    EGL Triple AK Shingle

Carrying M&P mags in:
    TT Pistol Mag Pouches

Dumping mags here when empty:
    CSM Gear Dump Pouch

And finally, it is all held up with these:
    HSGI Suspenders

I'll try to take a couple pictures so you can see it all together...

Here is the Eggroll shingle with AKM mags:

The same with AK-74 mags:

I used this set-up in a Pat Rogers Carbine and his AK Operators class. It worked out very well. From talking to others it seemed that using a belt rig is much easier on your back - I had no issues while others were hurting after a couple days. The EGL shingle works great and was reasonably priced - I only worry about its long-term durability because the locking tab on the mags runs down the unprotected inside of the pouch. I especially like the cobra buckle on the belt. It is much easier and quicker to get on and off than a regular riggers belt. Definitely worth the extra money. I also really liked the SOE modular belt - the only improvement would be to make it breath easier and a little more narrow. It looks like Military Moron has convinced him to make these changes...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    I like EggRolls stuff. I have been looking at his ak pouches. So they were not hanging up when pulling them from the pouch?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    I like EggRolls stuff. I have been looking at his ak pouches. So they were not hanging up when pulling them from the pouch?
    Not so much that I would say it was a problem. I honestly can't think of a quicker method of storing mags and accessing them...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    tried to order an mag shingle from Eggroll today...had trouble on jis webiste. anyone have contact info so i can attempt to get my order in..thx

BTW, ordered a ICE belt from hobie...it is supposed to be here this week.........

Feedback Score

2008 1st Line MOLLE Belt

TT Padded MOLLE belt with TT 3mag Pistol, KaBar, TT shingle, USGI Single mag, Rolypoly, USGI ammo pouch (for IFAK), 6004, HSGI pistol (Surefire G2), and USGI compass w MALICE.

Page 13 of 149 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast