Quote Originally Posted by niquorice View Post
    Looks like a nalgene brand canteen

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Correct. I have 4 of them, and use 2 as part of my daily gear
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allah_Snackbah View Post
    I like them alot. I put itw g-hooks on them, cut the plastic clips off the loop of the belt, now I can quickly take the suspenders off if I want to. I still have and really like this rig, lately I've been using this ronin setup though.

What holster and rig is this? I like how it sits lower than a normal holster, but not as low as the normal thigh rig.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    What holster and rig is this? I like how it sits lower than a normal holster, but not as low as the normal thigh rig.
    It looks like the g code mule.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoileau24 View Post
    It looks like the g code mule.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Correct. Also another one similar is the Safariland Drop Leg DFA.
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Ronin Belt ,KT Drop plate ,G-Code and HSGI Works great and no added bulk compared with the wide padded belts: No slipping around on your waist either:
    Last edited by Rickenbacker53; 12-16-17 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Question:

If I buy an HSGI riggers belt with Velcro on the inside, does it make sense to match it with both the slim pad for throwing the belt on over what I'm already wearing, as well as the Velcro inner belt, that I can thread through my belt loops to make it more secure for times when I have that option?

Or are the inner Velcro belt and the Velcro slim grip pad used for completely different applications?

My application - just a civilian thinking of taking a carbine course and want to spend some range time practicing/loading mags from belt-mounted pouches, in a configuration I would use at the course.

Setup:

2 x 30rd rifle mag pouches on the left side (The course requires three rifle mags, so I'm not planning to carry more than two, with one in the rifle.)

1 x 15rd pistol mag on the left side

Pistol holster on the right side.

No PC or chest rig. Just the belt and jeans pockets to carry my loadout.

Basically I have settled on the riggers belt and need to know which inner belt to attach it to for the carbine course application. What makes the most sense?

The Velcro belt that you thread through belt loops seems like it would be most secure and prevent the belt from riding up or rotating. The padded inner belt looks like it can be put on more quickly and buckled over whatever you're already wearing for a quick grab-n-go.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acnewman55 View Post
    Question:

If I buy an HSGI riggers belt with Velcro on the inside, does it make sense to match it with both the slim pad for throwing the belt on over what I'm already wearing, as well as the Velcro inner belt, that I can thread through my belt loops to make it more secure for times when I have that option?

Or are the inner Velcro belt and the Velcro slim grip pad used for completely different applications?

My application - just a civilian thinking of taking a carbine course and want to spend some range time practicing/loading mags from belt-mounted pouches, in a configuration I would use at the course.

Setup:

2 x 30rd rifle mag pouches on the left side (The course requires three rifle mags, so I'm not planning to carry more than two, with one in the rifle.)

Basically I have settled on the riggers belt and need to know which inner belt to attach it to for the carbine course application. What makes the most sense?

The Velcro belt that you thread through belt loops seems like it would be most secure and prevent the belt from riding up or rotating. The padded inner belt looks like it can be put on more quickly and buckled over whatever you're already wearing for a quick grab-n-go.

Thanks

I ended up going with the riggers belt as well. I chose the HSGI micro grip inner belt. I haven't had any issues with it moving too much. The material on the inside of the micro grip is actually pretty grippy.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acnewman55 View Post
    Question:

Setup:

Thanks

Why get riggers belt if you are using it for class? What I posted in the picture above from Ronin http://www.ronintactics.com/store/p2...ers_Belt_.html Is nicer set up IMO for same Money: I say so having a riggers belt as well . IMO that D ring just adds weight and gets in the way: Or are you scaling walls as well? I wear the inner belt in Jeans and just put the regular shooters belt on when going to practice. I love that belt

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I ended up going with the riggers belt as well. I chose the HSGI micro grip inner belt. I haven't had any issues with it moving too much. The material on the inside of the micro grip is actually pretty grippy.
    How stable is the belt with just the grippy liner? I was thinking about doing the riggers belt and liner instead of relying on having a ridged inner belt fed through belt loops but I'm concerned it will be somewhat floppy with 2 rifle mags and 2 pistol mags on there.
    My other option was the Volundgear 2 inch micro with the grippy liner but that almost seems to stiff to throw on without the inner belt. I don't want it to ride up like I'm wearing a hula hoop

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    So far it's been good on range trips, but I haven't had a chance to run it in any classes or done any super active things with it on, so I can't say for certain if it'll be super floppy or stable.

Page 131 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast