Page 139 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
    Why? I find the different release mechanism a blessing. If I start to use my thumb I’m getting the wrong tool if I want my taser.

Serpa? Yah, it’s junk. Blackhawk for a taser. Fine by me.

Not saying I’m correct, just something to think about.
    Very easy to yank out.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The Safariland holster is way better. The blackhawks break all the time and tasers get stuck in them.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    The Safariland holster is way better. The blackhawks break all the time and tasers get stuck in them.
    I don't like it at all. Another reason I want to replace it is to go non-dominant draw.

Various scenario tests of cross draw versus non-dominant draw show faster transition time in an ambush. One scenario: Respond to a suspicious person. Arrive to a person under the hood of a vehicle. Person gets aggressive after attempt at encounter and then refuses verbal commands at taser point while simultaneously another person rushes from concealment shooting at officer. Officer holsters taser and draws pistol. That compared to dropping taser and drawing pistol, and then non-dominant taser draw and pistol draw. Non-dominant taser took less rounds in reaction.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm a Taser instructor.
    I carry non-dominant. I took my last instructor re-cert class and did the whole class left handed including reloading. I am a firm believer in it but some officers can't do the ambidextrous thing so I don't require it. I do, however, require the Taser be attached opposite of the gun side. I also purchased a few Blue Tasers and do several non-lethal to lethal transition drills.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I'm a Taser instructor.
    I carry non-dominant. I took my last instructor re-cert class and did the whole class left handed including reloading. I am a firm believer in it but some officers can't do the ambidextrous thing so I don't require it. I do, however, require the Taser be attached opposite of the gun side. I also purchased a few Blue Tasers and do several non-lethal to lethal transition drills.
    Makes perfect sense having opposite side. Our policy is opposite side at cross draw or non-dominant side/draw. Our transition drills were drop and draw with both hands, with one hand, and with weak arm to simulate injury (standing, kneeling, laying). For taser it just makes sense to non-dominant draw and use; they are easy to operate and I feel some of the manual of arms transfer. All of which I am sure you know.
    Last edited by Endur; 01-10-19 at 00:56.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Practice makes it all easier...
    That Surefire is from 1996 and still going strong!
    Looks like a lot of crap on my 34 inch waist.

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    Last edited by CoryCop25; 01-10-19 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    That belt has some stripes and a few war stories.

I wish we had smaller radios like that. We have XTS5000's but sometime this summer they are supposed to be transitioning to a new one with GPS and stuff in them to go with the transition to this Motorola CAD system.

What I am putting together:

Snake Eater duty belt w/ HSGI duty-grip (both on order)
    Zero9 double mag case (have)
    Zero9 cuff cases (have)
    Zero9 OC case (have)
    TorchLok flashlight holster (have)
    Safariland holster for taser and Glock (need)
    Will be using the same PortaClip, baton, and TQ from other belt.
    Last edited by Endur; 01-10-19 at 01:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

First line belts

Good deal. Thanks for the responses guys. First time having a taser, took the comments from my TO, taser instructor, etc as gospel. I do want to try left hand draw...

Not a fan of basketweave leather. Saving for a Volund Gearworks rig.
    Last edited by Gombey; 01-10-19 at 11:19.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recently sold a 3-row MOLLE warbelt in favor of putting together a slimmer, trimmer 1st line that's more practical for my application and significantly less overt. I was originally going to switch over to an inner/outer system like a G-Code Operator or Ronin but decided to stick with the padded style when I found the Wilder minimalist padded sleeve.

I've only been using the new kit for two weeks, but it's very comfortable and stable and have had no issues with sagging, binding or slip so far despite my best efforts. I thought sacrificing almost 2" of vertical drop in my holster was going to be problematic at first, but it has not been an issue at all since I'm not running it under a PC and the drawstroke is practically identical to an IWB at 3 o'clock, which I already carry and train for regularly. Overall the outcome has been better than I expected in both form and function.

Feedback Score
    Practice makes it all easier...
    That Surefire is from 1996 and still going strong!
    Looks like a lot of crap on my 34 inch waist.

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    No OC?

Page 139 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast