Page 142 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    Endur, you’re going to LOVE that belt pad. I’m never going back! Did you get the HSGI or the Wilder? They look to be exactly the same, I’m curious if the Wilder is just a knockoff.
    Mine is HSGI. I believe Wilder makes them in conjunction with HSGI. Similar to Tactical Tailor and Grey Ghost Gear.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The HSGI belt was the start of a whole new fatigue/hot spot free world for me.
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The HSGI belt was the start of a whole new fatigue/hot spot free world for me.
    Oh yeah, never going back to a regular belt again. Now if I can get my new department to go to outer carriers with storage, I’d be set. Since going back to loaded down belt, my back has been a wreck for the past eight months. The belt pad has helped immensely, but I’d still love to get some more weight off of it.

What belt are you using?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Oh yeah, never going back to a regular belt again. Now if I can get my new department to go to outer carriers with storage, I’d be set. Since going back to loaded down belt, my back has been a wreck for the past eight months. The belt pad has helped immensely, but I’d still love to get some more weight off of it.

What belt are you using?
    Belts are HSGI and most everything else... Pics a few posts or pages back
    Remember, the Founding Fathers reason for the 2nd Amendment... to combat tyranny. Sadly, when people discuss the 2nd Amendment, the opponents erroneously think it was meant to stand alone... it HAS a preamble:

"...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

— John Hancock

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

After Jay Cunningham urged us at the first PA/OH/WV study group (late '09) to build a battle belt... I finally built one... 9 years later.

Great thing about being 'tactically-padded' - there's PLENTY of room on the belt!

HSGI regular belt (inner) and padded belt (if you don't mind mixing, matching, and oddball colors, you can save a few bucks that way. The forest green belt was a few bucks cheaper than the other colors, and since a padded belt was going over it, I went for the savings!). From left to right - Esstac Quadrunner, stuffed with 4 Wilson 8rd. 1911 mags. HSGI three mag shingle. HSGI single mag TACO, stuffed with an Israeli pressure bandage (I have an ARES 500 IFAK on my chest rig - no room for this bandage in it, so I stuck it on the back of the belt). Gerber mulit-tool (smaller model), L2 PentagonLight in a HSGI pouch. Code4Concealment kydex holster (SA 5" LW Operator in it), and a CRKT M-16 folder, round out the setup. And everything's attached with HSGI long clips.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Belts are HSGI and most everything else... Pics a few posts or pages back
    Zeus, I apologize, I meant to reply to Endur. I saw your rig earlier, looks great! I’m thinking of upgrading to a stiffer belt in my pad, haven’t decided if I was going to keep it 1.75” or move up to 2” and didn’t know how much of a struggle it would be to squeeze one through the loops.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Zeus, I apologize, I meant to reply to Endur. I saw your rig earlier, looks great! I’m thinking of upgrading to a stiffer belt in my pad, haven’t decided if I was going to keep it 1.75” or move up to 2” and didn’t know how much of a struggle it would be to squeeze one through the loops.
    If it's velcro covered, like my HSGI setup, a good ol' fashioned yardstick, helps get it right through!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    If it's velcro covered, like my HSGI setup, a good ol' fashioned yardstick, helps get it right through!

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    My inner belt is a Snake Eater 2”. Fit through the pad farely fine. I could see constant inserts and removals causing some wear over time. Other than that good to go. The SE belt isn’t as thick as an Ares which helps; I actually like it better. You’d definitely have some trouble trying to squeeze a 2” Ares through.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No worries... if you are trying to stiffen up the outer belt, maybe contact HSGI about acquiring an additional plastic insert?

— John Hancock

Page 142 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast