Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    You got it. I'm going to try out a kydex double mag holder of some sort. As you can see with the eagle FB pouches they are a little cock-eyed relative to each other as a result of mounting them horizontally.
    I'm looking for someone to do some custom Kydex pouches for me that'll work on the Molle. Hadn't given much though to a double or a horizontal though. I can think of a few ways it could work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try Greg Peters (Peters Custom Holsters); I know he's working on a few things like that.

Feedback Score
    Panzerr,

Would wedges work for you? I'm thinking if you mount your FB pouch on a wedge on your front weak side, the angle of offset would allow you to bend uninhibited.
    Last edited by attack5; 08-15-09 at 23:59.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Wedges? I don't know what these things are...
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wedges? I don't know what these things are...
    A few guys are making a nylon-covered wedge with molle straps on the back to attach to the belt and molle webbing on the front to attach the pouch to. They're really intended to get the magazines clear of armor, but it might work for your purposes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    A few guys are making a nylon-covered wedge with molle straps on the back to attach to the belt and molle webbing on the front to attach the pouch to. They're really intended to get the magazines clear of armor, but it might work for your purposes.
    Exactly. Egg makes them, I know there are others but names are escaping me right now.

Panzerr PM sent.
    Last edited by attack5; 08-16-09 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    how the hell do those eagle ind pouches hold secure on you with those snap on molle things, it seems like every time you roll, go prone or bend the wrong way the would snap open and get loose????

X-belt PS from CTOMS

I set this belt up for use with my carbine. I shoot pistol most often, and had to come to a compromise between mag accessability, muscle memory and mobility. I decided to keep mag pouches away from the front side of my belt so I can bend normally. I also decided to keep my M4 magazines on my reaction side because when I wear this belt my M4 will be my primary. With my magazines on my strong arm side I decided to mount them horizontally, which allows me to bend and flex like normal and keeps my reload times close to what I'm used with magazines on my reaction side (like when I shoot pistol). The only hiccup is I have to train with this belt at the pistol range from time to time so I have awareness of where I have my magazines mounted.

I chose not to go with a drop leg holster. I found during my time in Iraq that anything on the leg can and will turn into a pain in the ass when the shit hits the fan, so I went with a blade-tech dropped and offset holster. It drops the pistol enough to keep it out of the way, yet is securely attached to me belt.

Last edited by wolverineSIERRA; 08-27-09 at 12:53.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineSIERRA View Post
    how the hell do those eagle ind pouches hold secure on you with those snap on molle things, it seems like every time you roll, go prone or bend the wrong way the would snap open and get loose????
    I have the horizontally mounted FB pouches secured with Malice Clips. Malice Clips don't snap on.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I have the horizontally mounted FB pouches secured with Malice Clips. Malice Clips don't snap on.
    I might have lost my thinking cap, but could you describe this setup a bit more? It looks somewhat like the Tactical Tailor horizontal panel.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast