Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie

The only think I would like to find is some sort of horizontal rifle mag pouch.
    Eagle's excellent FB duty pouch for the 5.56 mag will run either vertical or horizontal. Just make sure you get the duty-belt version, and NOT the MOLLE version.

I ran one in a 3-day class back in Feb. It worked fine, and suprisingly did not bug me when I went prone. And when you are on your back it is real handy if you need to reload fast.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Right now, I am running a Eagle duty belt, ICE molle belt pad, 4 TT single pistol mag pouches, 1 TT single AR mag shingle, Becker 7" knife in a Spec Ops sheath, and a 6004 for my Glock. I may end up adding one or two other items, and I may also put the 6004 body in one of the HSGI carriers.
    Hawkeye,

How well does that knife ride behind your holster? Any problems bending/squatting/kneeling?

Thanks.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    No problems yet, but I plan to get some range/class time in with it soon and see how it does there. I am just experimenting with it really at this point. It was kinda an afterthought.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    My 1st line.

Safariland 6004 w/ G19 - TLR-1 light
    Willis Subload w/
    - 4 M4 mags
    - 1 G17 Mag
    - Surefire G2
    2 more G17 mags

I wear my blow out kit on my 2nd line, but I should find a spot for at least a cinch-tight on my 1st line.
    John Chapman - Director of Training
    LMS Defense
    http://www.LMSDefense.com
    JohnChapman@LMSDefense.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The advantage of running with a belt full of stuff is that you have...stuff. If for some reason you have to dump the vest carrier system, it allows for a short term fighting load. Overseas, I had to wear the damn thing everyday. The disadvantage is that it weighs you down a lot. The padded load bearing belts are more comfortable and allow for more stuff than (sometimes) what you need. You absolutely need a dump pouch (something I was against 5 years ago), small med pouch, spare mags for the pistol and one reload for the rifle. The speed pouch for the AR/M4 mag goes on the belt for the empty gun reloads. Becarefull about having too big a knife on the belt. You have to be able to assume a variety of positions and the BFK sometimes gets in the way. For the most part, its a utility knife (which I have actually had opportunities to use on SWAT). The suspender concept is something thats personal preference. My raid armor pushes the belt down on my hips, so if you're in a profession that requires armor, it helps keep things where they're supposed to be. Personally, I try to keep the legs as clean as possible. It helps in moving faster and if you've ever done raids in a cramped meth trailer, junk just loves to grab your kit. Gear that sometimes works onthe range changes it's usefulness when its deployed on real jobs or every day. We did a lot of vehicle operations which precluded a lot of stuff off of the belt because it was difficult to dismount. the pistol was hard to reach as well based on the type of vehicles we had. The gear is always taylored to the mission.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    How many mags are you guys running on your first line rigs? Right now I'm running four pistol mags and one AR mag. So far, this seems about right for me. If I use a Redi-mag, this seems like more than enough for most classes. Plus the belt works great for the Blackwater Practical Shooters Steel Challenge matches that I attend whenever I can. All I have to do is switch out the 6004 for my Blade-Tech belt holster and I'm ready to go.

What kind of set-ups are you guys running?

My current set-up:

(1.) Two - Eagle (kydex lined) double 1911 mag pouches
    (2.) Eagle MLCS Single M4 FB mag pouch
    (3.) Eagle Single Duty M4 Mag Pouch
    (4.) Eagle duty belt
    (5.) Eagle belt pad
    (6.) Eagle Duty Evidence Pouch
    (7.) Paraclete small GP pouch
    Dinger

Do you know what set-up Dave and Simon were using during the 10-8 Class last Spring. Yours looks a lot like theirs except Dave's was OD, I think. I have been using a Blackhawk Duty Belt with 1 Blackhawk Duty double magazine pouch and a 6004 holster. I am not happy with the setup though. I don't particularly like the Black color either.

By the way my new job is turning out great. I was asked this week what type of "kit" the average expeditionary sailor should be outfitted with. I have a lot of ideas !!!

Feedback Score
    Well sir, I'm glad to see you here. And I'm doubly glad that you'll have input as to what our NECC sailors will be issued.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport
    Well sir, I'm glad to see you here. And I'm doubly glad that you'll have input as to what our NECC sailors will be issued.
    Dport

I am glad to be here and I am even happier to be working with the expeditionary Navy. I am in contractor paradise.

Feedback Score

The 2x4 is made by Eagle Industries.

The proper part number is: MP2/M4-4/45-FB1-MS

As far as I know, it is only available one place. Another vender is claiming to offer exclusive products from Eagle but its just not true.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks Steve.

It's nice to see Triad Tactical participating on M4carbine. It’s always nice to have an Eagle Industries dealer around. Plus we have Mr. Lenett covering the Tactics & Training forum so Eagle is well represented.

I certainly need to place one of these pouches on order. I was waiting until the OD or Ranger Green 2x4's arrived.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast