Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I might have lost my thinking cap, but could you describe this setup a bit more? It looks somewhat like the Tactical Tailor horizontal panel.

-B
    No, no. I lost mine. The horizontal panel is mounted with Malice Clips. The pouches are secured with their molle flaps and snaps. It's quiet secure. A mag would drop out before the pouch would fall off.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    So you're weaving in two Malice clips as normal, then weaving two more in horizontally and mounting the pouch that way? Or just the vertical Malice clips that you're weaving the normal flaps and snaps through? Either way, that's a damn clever idea.

-B
    Last edited by BAC; 08-29-09 at 14:25.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Hasn't been long since my last post in here but I picked up a BFG Ten-Speed pouch to try out and after my first outing with it, I like it.

I kept the first FB pouch in place to be my "go to" pouch, as it is easier to refill one-handed/blind. The BFG pouch let me squeeze up to 3 mags in the space I had 2 in FB pouches, and when I'm not using it there is a lot less bulk.

--Josh H.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Panzerr, how is your holster attached to your belt? Is it the sting ray attachment or something else?

Feedback Score
    how do you guys keep your belts from bouncing around? do you guys you clips or are they just tight enough that its not a problem?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Hasn't been long since my last post in here but I picked up a BFG Ten-Speed pouch to try out and after my first outing with it, I like it.

I kept the first FB pouch in place to be my "go to" pouch, as it is easier to refill one-handed/blind. The BFG pouch let me squeeze up to 3 mags in the space I had 2 in FB pouches, and when I'm not using it there is a lot less bulk.

How do you run with all that weight. Looks like a hugh amount to carry on a belt.\Just curious

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    It's a lot easier on the back when the weight is carried on the waist versus on the chest/shoulders and is generally a more efficient reload motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker53 View Post
    How do you run with all that weight. Looks like a hugh amount to carry on a belt.\Just curious
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    It's a lot easier on the back when the weight is carried on the waist versus on the chest/shoulders and is generally a more efficient reload motion.
    Well I can understand 2 pistol and 2 rifle and the gun. But beyond that it seems like if you need more ammo you'd better have some form of larger carrier. It might be find just looks bulky. Maybe it's just the particular rig..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New rig I've been trying out for a few months (note holster was moved to a different rig for a LE class)

General overview:

2 Emdom 6o4 - 3 Pistol mags, last pouch has a Surefire G2L

HSGI Taco pouches (T&E items)

Eagle 6004 shroud

Emdom 3o2 (contains 1 pistol mag for 1 hand reloads)

Other items on the belt include ICE belt FAK and CSM dump pouch. Belt and suspenders are ICE and inner belt is an Eagle duty belt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    How many mags are you guys running on your first line rigs? Right now I'm running four pistol mags and one AR mag. So far, this seems about right for me. If I use a Redi-mag, this seems like more than enough for most classes. Plus the belt works great for the Blackwater Practical Shooters Steel Challenge matches that I attend whenever I can. All I have to do is switch out the 6004 for my Blade-Tech belt holster and I'm ready to go.

What kind of set-ups are you guys running?

My current set-up:

(1.) Two - Eagle (kydex lined) double 1911 mag pouches
    (2.) Eagle MLCS Single M4 FB mag pouch
    (3.) Eagle duty belt
    (4.) Eagle belt pad
    (5.) Eagle Duty Evidence Pouch
    (6.) Paraclete small GP pouch
    (7.) Safariland 6004 for 1911 w/X200
    How much bigger if any should the duty belt be when running the "belt pad"?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast