Page 26 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Blue Force makes the SOC-C™ Modular Padded Belt

and ICE Tactical makes the Adjustable Battle Belt.

And yes...they are both adjustable.
    Last edited by Buck50; 10-24-09 at 14:25.
    Buck50
    Blackstone Tactical, LLC
    Phoenix, AZ

"Send lawyers, guns and money...the shit has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon - RIP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck50 View Post
    Blue Force makes the SOC-C™ Modular Padded Belt

and ICE Tactical makes the Adjustable Battle Belt.

And yes...they are both adjustable.
    Well, my blood pressure just spiked through the roof.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Can anyone recommend some high-quality shears/scissors for my FAK?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To say that I have reservations about the use of these belts is a huge understatement. I do see some applications, but I think (like most things we do) they need to be approached with a plan, and end use in mind, and an understanding about how it affects your training as well as how it works within your overall system.

Stephen from BFG was nice enough to send me one of their SOC_C Modular Padded Belts, Lightweight Duty Belt, and suspenders. Perhaps in part to change my mind. I'll have a full review off the belt on my site and hopefully this will be part of a print article in the future.

The fist and mot critical requirement for me is that it absolutely must mimic the location of my carry gun as closely as possible. Everything else is secondary to this. Unless you carry a rifle for a living, the pistol is your primary and the training scars from 3 days of drawing from a drop-leg holster will not simply vanish when you go back to the real world of your IWB holster. So I took a page from Titleist above and flattened my loops in the oven and then re-attached them so that I could mount my Raven holster to the Molle. I'll be ordering a Raven Phantom that works with the pistol and light shortly.

So here is my as-yet totally untested setup. I have already ordered a smaller dump pouch from CSM Gear in the hopes of moving the Trauma Kit NOW! (yes, it's empty here) one notch further to the rear and the holster can move as well. It will also hopefully put the Trauma Kit NOW! where my left hand can reach it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post

Stephen
    It might make my BP boil to . On the other hand my first experience with your merchandise was impressive to say the least. I am a tad confused why you guys don't run with the sling idea your buddy came up with. Except don't make the part to add on. Make the whole sling. Make a prototype- announce it and than keep us waiting for a month or so. We are such suckers for what we can't have today.

Just my opinion based on the 1/2 a dozen guys I have mentioned it to. It sure is better quality than you know who's.

I don't pretend to know your business- but I know a lot more guys with your sling than I do with belts. Plus the fact several have more than one rifle. Can't think of anyone with 2 waistlines. JMO

I bet you guys could make a great FB pouch as well. That's something definitely lacking as far as options go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post

Stephen
    Yikes!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Rob, any reason you run pistol/rifle/pistol in your pouch arrangement versus all pistol up front then followed by rifle? I'm just interested to know why you arranged it in that manner.

It looks great regardless. I had to jigger a few things around to keep my things as far away from the small of my back as possible as if I slam on the ground back first I don't want to be breaking my back on a mag or multitool.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    To say that I have reservations about the use of these belts is a huge understatement. I do see some applications, but I think (like most things we do) they need to be approached with a plan, and end use in mind, and an understanding about how it affects your training as well as how it works within your overall system.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Rob, what's the logic behind the pistol mags being split on both sides of the rifle mags?
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To me, the first pistol and the first carbine mags are the emergency reloads. If I put two pistol pouches up front then I have to either push the carbine mags further back or put the second pistol mag further forward. I can't put the second pistol mag in between the two carbine mags because then I can't get to it.

When I do a speed reload I try to start with my hand slightly forward along the beltline and sweep it to the rear, pulling out the first magazine that I come to.

As I'm sure you can tell from the pics I'm pretty skinny, and I run out of room quick. I'd actually like all four magazines to be at least one PALS slot to the rear, so I'm thinking of trying one of these for the two standby mags but will not be using them for the emergency mags. I want the emergency mags as close as possible to the body. The padded belt already pushes the envelope for what I would consider an acceptable deviation from my carry rig.

caveat, this is all based on dryfire testing at home. Hopefully I'll get some live-fire with it ASAP.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    As I'm sure you can tell from the pics I'm pretty skinny, and I run out of room quick.
    That seems like reason enough to get a big burger today.

Rob let us know how those pouches you linked to work out. I dig the hell out of the eagle FB ones, but I like the idea of moving my pouches further up while still keeping pistol mags near the front.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Page 26 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast