Page 29 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Well I've been lurking this thread for the last few weeks and I was inspired to build a battle belt of my own. Some of the pouches I've owned already as I deployed with them. Here is a pic of my SHTF battle kit:

On the battle belt, I have:

ATS war belt
    Blackhawk enhanced military web belt
    SERPA CQC holster
    TT triple magazine pistol pouch
    TT double .308 pouch x2
    SPECOPS flashlight pouch
    SPECOPS OpOrder admin pouch
    Maxpedition rolypoly dump pouch

The vest is a Blackhawk OTV armor carrier with IOTV inserts and esapi plates and then I have a normal ACH.

Hope I'm ready for the zombie invasion!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Rig:

ATS War Belt

ATS War Belt Insert Belt

Component Description (counter-clockwise):

Blade-Tech Single Magazine Pouch with Tek-Lok

Eagle M4 Single + 9mm Double Open Top Pouch Molle (FB)

Eagle M4 Double Mag Pouch Molle

Maxpedition Dump Pouch - Rollypoly

Tactical Tailor Medic Pouch

Blade-Tech Tactical Light Holster w/DOH SR Loop

Maxpedition Double Sheath

Rationale:

I assembled this belt rig to support carbine training at shooting schools and during range practice. It has a secondary role in a high-risk situation if I ever need to arm myself with a carbine. The Blade-Tech mag pouch and holster allow for very smooth, rapid pistol transitions and emergency reloads.

The M4 open top pouch serves as my emergency carbine reload. Additional pistol magazine carriage is available, situation dependent. The dump pouch is sized right (smaller is better for me in this case) and attaches directly to the belt. The medical pouch is large and holds more than the bare bones. The double sheath carries a flashlight and multi-tool, or additional pistol magazines or weapon lubricant.

I may add a fixed blade with a kydex sheath behind the holster, and I may swap the + 9mm Double Open Top Pouch to an M4 Single Mag Pouch Molle (FB) to reduce bulk. The belt is primarily to support my carbine, so pistol mag carriage is a secondary role.

Hat-tip to panzerr for pioneering the "dropped and offset" holster concept: http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=174

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Katar, is that Blade-Tech holster the 'Tan' color?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yes, it is a very light color.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It looks almost white in those pics.

I'm thinking of getting a DOH holster like the one on your set up. Does the ATS under belt keep the holster from rolling inward during the draw? I will be using it on a standard 1.5" belt through the loops so it won't be getting any 'help' from a war belt.

I have a Liger belt and a riggers belt. Have you run the DOH on one of those belts by it self? Any problems?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The holster does not roll inward... the belt attachment is pretty rigid. I have not run the DOH anywhere but on the war belt. I sort of like it, but it takes a little getting used to. Much better than the Safariland I had on there previous.

Feedback Score
    I've been running either a Blade Tech or Safariland DOH setup for about a year and a half or better now. Its my favorite setup.

Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

1. Eagle MLCS War Belt-Khaki
    2. Eagle 9mm FB pouches- Coyote Tan
    1. BFG Ten Speed pouch- Coyote Tan
    and for the time being a Blackhawk Serpa holster ziptied to the belt while I decide what holster I prefer.... I am open to suggestions
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    Tag for ideas.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score

This is my working first line belt. It's built on an ATS War Belt. This being kinder/gentler times, I don't always run full kit over my clothes. This is normally worn under a cover shirt with low profile concealment armor. It's not concealed, it's just discreet and less scary. There are times that I don't take my long gun in certain places, and this setup gives me the option of up to 6x9mm mags. Different kit/loads for different missions and all.

From left to right:

-CAT tourniquet with high speed rubber band retention system
    - RCS Phantom with my G19 and Surefire X300
    -HSGI Bleeder pouch...contains 6" Izzie, Hemcon, H&H gauze, Combat Gauze, and shears. (Note: 14 ga needle, Asherman and hydrogel seals, and NPA carried in a cargo pocket)
    -TT radio pouch
    -Paraclete 3/3 pouch
    -RCS double mag carrier
    -Kabar TDI LE Knife

Page 29 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast