Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score

Why wait?

I have Ranger Green 2 x 4's in stock.

Feedback Score
    Cohiba and Resq

Thanks for the gear plugs. Just an FYI... EGL (Extreme Gear Labs) and EAGLE are two distinct entities.
    there is the EGL "2x4" as Resq put it, and there is the EAGLE MP2/M4-4/45-FB1-MS

The EGL uses elastic retention while the EAGLE (IIRC) uses kydex inserts for retention.

Just so everyone is clear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run my 6004 on a Spectre Gear double thick riggers belt.

Depending on what I am doing I was attaching a mod'ed TT small mod leg rig with 2 shingles and a x3 pistol mag and a single misc pouch (for my SOG tool)

That gave me a walking around the camp loadout of 4 x G19 mags and 4 M4 mags (inc weapon and redi-mag)
    - I carry a Benchmade 9050SBT and a SF G2 on my pants.
    I took the 3 TT pistol off since I decided that if I need a reload for my pistol on base - things have gone OH so wrong. So 4 M4 mags and just the Glock mag in my gun.

Everything else in in my RAV - which I dont go very far from. Since I wear side plates in my RAV it stops me from being able to access a belt as easily as would be appreciated.

IMHO some of these first line belts are enormously bulky

Obviously my needs will be different from others - YMMV

I cropped this off a pic of me making fun of the no pictures sign. - but you see the gap between my rig and the belt and the fact it makes it virtually impossible to run with a belt kit

and the TT leg rig -- I cut the top strap and run it high

Feedback Score
    I like how you modded the 6004 shroud. One of the biggest beefs Ive had with the 6004 is that if you wear it higher up, instead of down about your patella, the shroud is more of a hinderance than a help.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    Must be nice to be able to post pics.........I guess its a "no posting for moderators thing"...................help...................
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nyeti,

If you like, email the pics to me and I'll give it a try. Otherwise, when you are on the reply screen the is a little color icon. Click on that and enter the website where your picture is hosted. Try using Photobucket to host the image.

Feedback Score
    Finally took a pic of my belt rig:

- TAG pagged MOLLE belt
    - 2x EssTac single mag pouches with a double mag pouch attached to the outside
    - SOE patrol pouch (holds 2 AR mags)
    - SOE dump pouch
    - ATS small tear away medical pouch
    - Bladetech holster rigged up to attach to the belt
    - double pistol mag pouch holding a multi-tool and light

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, I've scrimped and saved long enough to order the remainder of my belt setup. Stuff should (hopefully) all be in this week and I will post up some pics then. I've got an arrangement in my head to start with but time will tell how that plays out. It is probably going to be a overloaded for a true first line setup but it will be a stand alone rig for me.

ETA: Added pics and some commentary below...
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Okay, the last few items (except my CSM dump pouch--hopefully it will ship out soon, they said they had one in stock) arrived today so I got it pieced together tonight. I've still got a lot of arranging and fitting to do. It's a heavy first line, but that's intentional since it's my only line.

From left to right in pic:
    -Eagle Duty Belt and Eagle Belt Pad
    -Eagle Duty Triple Pistol Mag Pouch
    -HSGI modular drop leg panel with 2 TT single mag shingles
    -Eagle Duty M4 single pouch
    -(missing CSM dump pouch)
    -HSGI universal drop platform w/ Safariland 6280 (G17...need one that fits my light)
    -Eagle Duty Double Mag Pouch

Wearing it 1
    Wearing it 2

Some initial impressions:
    -I'm fatter than I thought. My medium belt is closer to the limit than I expected I need to load this thing up and hit the treadmill.
    -I'm...skinnier than I thought I'm running out of belt space pretty fast.
    -I've got room for one more TT shingle on the drop panel but I'll wait to see how it all rides before adding one.
    -The off-side drop leg hanger keeps me from putting my belt AR mag (and therefore the dump pouch when it arrives) quite as far forward as I'd like.

Overall I'm pleased though and looking forward to getting a chance to try it out.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well when I decided I need a beltload I looked for a SOE rig that woul dfit what I needed. Sadly I could not find the one I wanted (the one with snaps) - so I figured I could mod a CQB subload for what I wanted.

I find the intial setup is much too low for my liking in that gets in the way of me sitting in a vehicle and adds a lot of weight to the legs.

So I dumped the drop piece and ran my riggers belt through it

Since John's gear is bombproof -- I figured I could get rid of the fastex and just rely on the velcro (I'm not jumping or fast roping).

and I cut off the pistol mag retention and added a Kydex insert that I cut in half out of a rifle mag pouch.

I had been actually hoping the CQB subload's pistol pouch would fit the Banger we have here, but alas it did not.

I'd like if I could drop the load 1.5" -- and I think I will email John to see if I can get a custom setup for what I want.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast