Page 35 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I did.......

Back in October 2009.

Mr. Walker and I communicated a number of times via email direct. His last was something like today is Tuesday, bag will ship on Friday, again, the end of October.

Glad that you had a good experience, I have not.

I have one of his TCCC bags I got from Blackstone Tactical, it is well made, but was not what I ordered from Mr. Walker and not what I paid for and he promised me.

Mr. Walker took me for $77.00 that I'll never see.

Article updated.

Bob

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    O.k.,
    This might shake up a few here that have their minds set on a particular result...

After some on-line research, I ordered the I.C.E. adjustable battle belt after contacting them via email. I should emphasize that I did not go through an intermediary, but went straight to I.C.E. themselves. Communication was prompt and excellent, and I was not left with any vague impressions or have any lingering questions. I ordered the belt on a Monday and paid through PayPal, whom I otherwise despise, but I swallowed my pride for the sake of convenience. I received the belt five days later , just this past Saturday.

Bear in mind that the belt was sent from Canada, and I live in the USA. There were no hassles, delays, confusion, sturm, drang, or biblical portents of impending disaster. Just a solidly constructed, innovatively designed belt that came right to the mail box. Can't ask for anything more than that, I'd say.

Your mileage may vary, but I'd say that the all of the assumptions about I.C.E. and their belts need some updating. If you want one, order directly from the source.

Pat
    Lucky!

I think I'm just gonna cancel my order with Blackstone Tactical and give up on the web belt rig all in all.
    Professionalism, it goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As a civilian that enjoys firearms and the defensive/tactical mindset, I'm really liking the idea of these belts. A good friend of mine said it best, firearms training is a martial art. With that being said, why limit it to only the LE/Mil folks? Believe it or not, but some of my personal experiences from training in the range and in class has gone to help me at work, which will ultimately help my customers. My go-to belt setup for years has been a CR-Speed setup with the following:

A) Uncle Mike's double pistol magazine pouch
    B) Blade Tech drop & offset holster for G35
    C) Blade Tech ar15 magazine pouches x 2
    D) Maxpedition Roly Poly

Rocking the CR-Speed in a recent carbine class:

That belt has served me well, but always left more to be desired. That "more" was a fast and effective way to put it on my body.

As of now, I have this guy built up:

A) BFG SOC-C
    B) Eagle Ind. G17/22 dual magazine pouch
    C) ITW Fast Mag Gen III x 2
    D) Maxpedition Roly Poly
    E) Holster TBD

So far, I'm digging the SOC-C that I have put together. I was afraid that it would be bulky and cumbersom, but find the exact opposite to be true. For some reason, my freedom of movement has greatly improved and feel more confident with the gear. The CR-Speed setup felt too bulky at times and weight biased whereas the SOC-C bears the load very well and fulfills my #1 criteria of being easy to put on in a hurry.
    Last edited by JimT; 01-30-10 at 18:30.

Feedback Score
    JimT,

That belt rig is exactly what i have in mind. Paul Gonzalez at Trident Concepts runs a similar rig, which is where I got my inspiration; chest rigs/vests just weren't working for me.

Do you just throw that belt on directly over your normal belt, or do you wear a special belt for comfort/rigidity/etc?

Thanks,
    Tony

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly320s
    That belt rig is exactly what i have in mind. Paul Gonzalez at Trident Concepts runs a similar rig, which is where I got my inspiration; chest rigs/vests just weren't working for me.
    I'm digging this belt and used to be a chest rig guy. The chest rigs definitely have their place, but I was looking for something a bit more streamlined and simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly320s
    Do you just throw that belt on directly over your normal belt, or do you wear a special belt for comfort/rigidity/etc?
    I purchased the SOC-C kit from Bravocompany which includes a set of suspenders and a lightweight duty belt that is installed on the inside of the SOC-C.
    The duty belt is limp and floppy and is not a good platform for my Blade Tech drop & offset holster. If you're running a thigh rig, then it's good to go. My plan is to go with an RCS Phantom.
    Last edited by JimT; 01-31-10 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    I'm digging this belt and used to be a chest rig guy. The I purchased the SOC-C kit from Bravocompany which includes a set of suspenders and a lightweight duty belt that is installed on the inside of the SOC-C.
    The duty belt is limp and floppy and is not a good platform for my Blade Tech drop & offset holster. If you're running a thigh rig, then it's good to go. My plan is to go with an RCS Phantom.
    Do you wear that belt rig directly over a normal belt, or do you have a low-profile belt, such as a Wilderness, that you wear to hold up your pants.

IOW, if you were wearing jeans and a leather belt, would you be happy wearing your rig directly on top of your leather belt, or would you prefer to have a thinner belt for your jeans?

Thanks for the info.

Tony

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wore my SOC-C over my standard 1.5" wide brown leather gunbelt last night. Do it all the time.
    Last edited by rob_s; 02-11-10 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wore my SOC-C last night over my standard 1.5" wide brown leather gunbelt last night. Do it all the time.
    Thanks, Rob.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Diamondback Tactical™ Backpack/Assaulters Accesory Belt (S/M)
    Eagle Inddustries m4/Pistol mag pouches with inserts
    High Speed Gear Dump pouch
    Gerber LMF
    I plan on putting a GSW/Med kit between the dump pouch and mag pouch on the right back of the belt.

There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    Doc, how do you like the red dot out that far?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Page 35 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast