Page 37 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Thanks...that looks worth trying.

Can you tell me what belt and rifle mag pouches are in that pic?

-Rainman
    No problem.
    ATS War Belt & 2 Diamondback Tactical short AR mag shingles
    Last edited by Dragk913; 02-20-10 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    John_Wayne777,

Is that a total of 5 30 round mags? Do you wear suspenders with the rig? My first thought was I think I'd be pulling my pants up all day.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I may as well play too:

Eagle Industries duty belt. Blackhawk 3 pocket pistol mag pouch with retention that I got for 6 bucks. Eagle Industries DMP-FB-M16 pouch. Two Eagle Industries DMP-M-16 pouches.

Not pictured is a Blade Tech holster for a Surefire light and an accessory pouch.

It's mainly an AR training rig. I just recently acquired a Blade-Tech scabbard holster for the M&P with a light mounted on it that will most likely end up replacing the pictured 6004.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    After several house payments worth of gear and kit this is the set up I have been using for the past year...funny how we keep coming back to a KISS set up. Elcan not generally used during courses, just for service conditions matches. The Med Kit just needs a patch on it and I am done.

Nylon duty belt with TT pad
    Blade Tech mag holders
    5.11 dump pouch
    TT GP pouch with med kit
    Issue 5946 in Safariland 6004 with belt adapter.
    Rifle pictured is a 6920 with an M4 top end.

Last edited by sparrow; 03-08-10 at 16:49.
    Nobody Cares! Fix It!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    After several house payments worth of gear and kit this is the set up I have been using for the past year...funny how we keep coming back to a KISS set up. Elcan not generally used during courses, just for service conditions matches. The Med Kit just needs a patch on it and I am done.

Blade Tech mag holders
    5.11 dump pouch
    TT GP pouch with med kit

Can the Blade Tech mag holders be snapped on to a belt as you are wearing it of do you need to take the belt off to snap them on? I see they make a paddle mag pouch too, this might be my solution. I'd like each of our officers to have one as an option to pop on and off when necessary. We have bandoleers now; they work well and give us 4 rifle mags and w pistol mags to work with.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Blade Tech mag holders
    5.11 dump pouch
    TT GP pouch with med kit

Looks good buddy!

But you are right though...that Elcan is a bit overkill on that carbine!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Belt I wore all weekend

Handgun:
    Glock 19 with extreme grip reduction by Boresight Solutions & Surefire X200A Weaponlight (discontinued) attached
    Handgun Magazine Pouches:
    Eagle Industries Double Pistol Mag Pouch, FB MOLLE
    Carbine Magazine Pouches:
    US Grunt Gear 4th Gen Single M4/Glock
    Belt:
    US Grunt Gear Warhog Modular Belt
    Holster:
    Peters Custom Holsters Spada Tactical Holster

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Belt I wore all weekend

Handgun:
    Glock 19 with extreme grip reduction by Boresight Solutions & Surefire X200A Weaponlight (discontinued) attached
    Handgun Magazine Pouches:
    Eagle Industries Double Pistol Mag Pouch, FB MOLLE
    Carbine Magazine Pouches:
    US Grunt Gear 4th Gen Single M4/Glock
    Belt:
    US Grunt Gear Warhog Modular Belt
    Holster:
    Peters Custom Holsters Spada Tactical Holster

Rob,

How do you like the US Grunt Gear 4th Gen Single M4/Glock pouch? How is the retention for both mags?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I love that USGG pouch. I'm going to ask him to tweak it a little and run it up a little higher though. I'm going to replace the two Eagle pistol pouches with USGG 4th gen single pistol pouches as well.

I have not encountered any retention issues but I have also not jumped out of a helicopter with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Blade Tech mag holders
    5.11 dump pouch
    TT GP pouch with med kit

Funnily enough, I have never seen this rig, but that is quite similar to what I run. It's funny because you are the only other person I have seen with a TT pad on a simple nylon duty belt.

You'd think I would have seen this on you and stolen the idea, but I had no clue you ran one. So in my case it's pure skinflintness that got me on to the TT pad. It was a cheap way to try out the belt rig approach.

I do sometimes wear it with a leather work belt, though...heavy and low-tech but strangely familiar and satisfying - maybe the influence of my life in construction.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Funnily enough, I have never seen this rig, but that is quite similar to what I run. It's funny because you are the only other person I have seen with a TT pad on a simple nylon duty belt.

You'd think I would have seen this on you and stolen the idea, but I had no clue you ran one. So in my case it's pure skinflintness that got me on to the TT pad. It was a cheap way to try out the belt rig approach.

I do sometimes wear it with a leather work belt, though...heavy and low-tech but strangely familiar and satisfying - maybe the influence of my life in construction.
    If you go back to the start of the thread from 3 years ago you'll see the predominate setup was the Eagle duty belt & duty belt pad. I tried it and hated it.

Page 37 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast