Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Specter is ok. Better than BHI, but not as good as Eagle, Paraclete, ATS, Tactical Tailor, or TAG, in my experience and opinion.
    I do like their belts and they make a decent Molle overbelt.
    Plain duty belts (mil style) suck unless you have a pad or a good overbelt.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 03-15-10 at 00:49.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Specter is ok. Better than BHI, but not as good as Eagle, Paraclete, ATS, Tactical Tailor, or TAG, in my experience and opinion.
    I do like their belts and they make a decent Molle overbelt.
    Plain duty belts (mil style) suck unless you have a pad or a good overbelt.
    Did I screw up buying their belt pouches? I was kind of hoping I was stepping up from the typical surplus gear I buy.

Feedback Score

BFG belts

after reading through this posting....here is what I came up with...intention is to use this set up for carbine classes and eventually maybe a 3 gun comp...

All BFG-
    modular padded belt
    Objective site sack(dump pouch)
    Double M4 mag pouch
    Double pistol mag pouch

Up in the air about a holster...not interested in drop holsters so it has to be able to go on the belt....

thoughts/suggestions...

Feedback Score

Blade-tech Holsters

As I'm getting ready to bite the bullet on a holster, there is a question I have about weapon retention. If I read correctly, Katar, Hawkeye, and Panzerra all use the Blade-tech w/o the WRS. Is it as good as a Safariland? I have not taken any classes yet, and have no idea as to the requirements. As a non-military, non L/E, I would be using it primarily for training only. Comments?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Safariland ALS. Quick natural draw, excellent retention an can be had to fit 1.5 to 2 1/4" belts and molle. It also allows you to carry a weapon light on your gun.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I finally have my Battle Belt together

Ice Tactical Battle Belt
    Specter Gear ( Inner Belt ) Tactical Operations Belt
    2- High Speed Gear Taco's Modular Rifle Mag Pouch
    Tactical Tailor Magna Mag Double Pistol pouch
    ** Maxpedition MAX-FR1 - Medical Pouch ( GSW ) **
    Maxpedition Rollypoly Folding Dump Pouch
    BladeTech Dropped & Offset w/Tek-Loc Holster for M&P 9 Pro

I really like they way this set up feels but I'll know better when I take a 2 day High risk contractor class the end of the month at CCJA in Fredericksburg VA.

** I'm not trained so this GSW Kit is for if I get shot or if someone in class needs attention that a trained EMT can use. I have a LaRue Trauma kit on the way to fill it.

Here is my Chest Rig - Diz original with Tactical Tailor triple pistol mag pouch

Last edited by Tzoid; 03-19-10 at 00:38. Reason: add photo
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bdub712 View Post
    after reading through this posting....here is what I came up with...intention is to use this set up for carbine classes and eventually maybe a 3 gun comp...

All BFG-
    modular padded belt
    Objective site sack(dump pouch)
    Double M4 mag pouch
    Double pistol mag pouch

I have been using and abusing a 10 speed pouch since they came out. Mine currently doesn't work too well as a belt mounted pouch for vehicle work. But, it does seem to still work oK on my vest.

When I try it on my belt, the mags tend to come out at the wrong time. So, any situations that apply pressure/drag to the pouch may cause the mag to come out. Remember that this is a niche pouch and not a general purpose type of pouch. It is like a running shoe, fast and light, but may need to be replaced sooner than those cowboy boots...
    Last edited by Iraq Ninja; 03-19-10 at 01:20.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Belt I wore all weekend

Handgun:
    Glock 19 with extreme grip reduction by Boresight Solutions & Surefire X200A Weaponlight (discontinued) attached
    Handgun Magazine Pouches:
    Eagle Industries Double Pistol Mag Pouch, FB MOLLE
    Carbine Magazine Pouches:
    US Grunt Gear 4th Gen Single M4/Glock
    Belt:
    US Grunt Gear Warhog Modular Belt
    Holster:
    Peters Custom Holsters Spada Tactical Holster

Hey Rob,

I read the review of the Peters Custom holster on your site.. just curious how you would compare this with the Raven Concealment holster? I'm lookin to put together a war belt, but I'm still deciding on components, holster included. At first I was looking at a blade-tech wrs, but if I can get a holster that has solid retention without slowing down my draw, that'd be a little better (this will be used for range, training, and SHTF... possibly competition).

Additionally, will we be seeing a review on the USGG Warhog belt soon? Any ideas how it compares to something a little less expensive like the ATS? I'd like to stay around $100 or less on the belt itself, which rules out the SOC-C (I can appreciate quality products, and if the USGG isn't that great I'll probably go with the blue force, but I'd like to save where I can if possible). I've just heard the padding on the ATS isn't terrific and don't mind spending a little more.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes, I will be doing a review on the Warhog belt.

Peters asked me not to do a side-by-side of his holster with the Raven so I will not be going that far, but right now I prefer the Peters/USGG combo to the Raven/BFG, for a variety of reasons. I like that the Warhog is a padded belt, not a sleeve and a belt. All the way back to when I was using the Eagle and the pad I wondered why someone couldn't just stitch the two together. Having the Warhog as a padded belt with a MOLLE sleeve is an imporant distinction, IMHO, vs. having a padded MOLLE sleeve over a belt. But, I don't use a drop-leg.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That makes sense to me in regard to the holster. I appreciate the input! I do really like the concept of the Warhog belt, just haven't been able to find any other reviews, but I assume it's good to go? If you say you currently like that setup better, I guess that's gotta count for something

Page 39 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast