Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Also not automatically a "dislike" situation. I still muck about with the military and do the things they do, so I have to wear full kit. I'd never even consider putting a Raven (or any holster) in that configuration because I already know that's way too high to not interfere with wearing my vest and conversely have the vest interfere with the draw.

I've given my BFG belt a damned good shake, but am probably gonna end up ditching it. It's comfortable, but the cloth mounting the MOLLE isn't rigid enough to keep stuff from flopping around, specifically my pistol reloads just left of my buckle. Not sure if I'm gonna do away with the idea of padding of any sort or try one of the Grunt Gear belts like what rob_s is sporting these days.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Definitely try the Grunt gear belt! I've been using the Infidel belt for sometime now and it's been outstanding. Rigid, high quality, comfortable. Zero issues with keeping gear solid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Jim,

I had the same problem on my BFG so I had a local tailor sow on another layer of velcro on the left side cloth MOLLE flap. This engaged with the velcro on the inside belt and now its tight and solid. You also have to modify the belt and make it only adjustable on the right side so the belts velcro is exposed. It cost me about $20 in material and labor.

Pic of mod is attached.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Also not automatically a "dislike" situation. I still muck about with the military and do the things they do, so I have to wear full kit. I'd never even consider putting a Raven (or any holster) in that configuration because I already know that's way too high to not interfere with wearing my vest and conversely have the vest interfere with the draw.

I've given my BFG belt a damned good shake, but am probably gonna end up ditching it. It's comfortable, but the cloth mounting the MOLLE isn't rigid enough to keep stuff from flopping around, specifically my pistol reloads just left of my buckle. Not sure if I'm gonna do away with the idea of padding of any sort or try one of the Grunt Gear belts like what rob_s is sporting these days.
    Last edited by grunz; 07-03-10 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    Jim,

I had the same problem on my BFG so I had a local tailor sow on another layer of velcro on the left side cloth MOLLE flap. This engaged with the velcro on the inside belt and now its tight and solid. You also have to modify the belt and make it only adjustable on the right side so the belts velcro is exposed. It cost me about $20 in material and labor.

Pic of mod is attached.
    That sounds like a good idea, sewing a layer of hook material on the backside of the PALS. You may run into a problem by rendering the belt adjustable on only one side. If you do gain a lot of weight and could only adjust the belt on one side, you'll end up running out of velcro anchoring the padded side to the belt (on the right side). If that were to happen, you'd have to get the tailor add more velcro to the inner belt.

I may try to do what you did, but just sew another thickness of loop material to the slack ends of the inner belt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hmm...I don't have that kind of inner belt, but getting the hook side sewn on by Mama-san and gluing some loop to the inner belt in that particular spot may very well settle that hash. It's certainly worth a shot. Thanks, gents.

May still try one of the Grunt Gear belts. Interested in the SRT, since I like the idea of thin padding.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its good incentive to stay fit!

I have a 32 inch waist and there's plenty of slack left on the right side in case I need to open it up - say to wear with a thicker jacket or layers, or eating too many Brats from spending July 4th weekend in Wisconsin.....

Quote Originally Posted by uwe1 View Post
    That sounds like a good idea, sewing a layer of hook material on the backside of the PALS. You may run into a problem by rendering the belt adjustable on only one side. If you do gain a lot of weight and could only adjust the belt on one side, you'll end up running out of velcro anchoring the padded side to the belt (on the right side). If that were to happen, you'd have to get the tailor add more velcro to the inner belt.

I may try to do what you did, but just sew another thickness of loop material to the slack ends of the inner belt.
    Last edited by grunz; 07-06-10 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    Its good incentive to stay fit!

I have a 32 inch waist and there's plenty of slack left on the right side in case I need to open it up - say to wear with a thicker jacket or layers, or eating too many Brats from spending July 4th weekend in Wisconsin.....
    Do you have any difficulty keeping the BFG belt in place when you are drawing your gun and making movement? I have a 31" waist and if the holster is tight, the belt will shift out of position (vertically) when I'm drawing. I'm considering some other velcro type option... Possibly having several 6" sheaths of loop material to slip my riggers belt into and evenly distributing it around me. The sheaths will allow you to remove the velcro material instead of having it permanently sewn to the belt. Then, have some hook material sewn to the belt to interface with the loop material in order to anchor the belt in place. I got the idea after looking at rob_s USGG Warhog Review.
    Last edited by uwe1; 07-06-10 at 21:39. Reason: Bad grammar and poor clarity while posting on Blackberry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also velcro'd up my home made delrin drop holster mount to interface with the inside belt velcro and molle flap velcro to keep it all tight so I haven't had that problem.

Pic attached of the holster mod w/velcro.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Unspeakable!

Word is that Eagle has produced the FB pouches for the Mk17, but they don't officially acknowledge them...yet. Hopefully they'll be folded in to the next revision of the MLCS kit.
    Not a rumor, but truth. Back when 1st Batt was first issued the SCARs for field testing, a shipment of Eagle kydex 7.62 pouches came with it. They're making them, I guess just not selling them to individuals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian1/75 View Post
    Not a rumor, but truth. Back when 1st Batt was first issued the SCARs for field testing, a shipment of Eagle kydex 7.62 pouches came with it. They're making them, I guess just not selling them to individuals.
    or if your in a jam just make your own...

Warrior Shoot Event Group Inc.
    "Abilities! Not Disabilities."

Page 47 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast