Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian1/75 View Post
    Not a rumor, but truth. Back when 1st Batt was first issued the SCARs for field testing, a shipment of Eagle kydex 7.62 pouches came with it. They're making them, I guess just not selling them to individuals.
    ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hal_5555 View Post
    or if your in a jam just make your own...
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Talked with Robert at US Grunt Gear yesterday and those that are interested in open-top magazine pouches for PR20s (or whatever Magpul calls the 20-round .308 mags) might want to give him a call.

Just sayin.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Talked with Robert at US Grunt Gear yesterday and those that are interested in open-top magazine pouches for PR20s (or whatever Magpul calls the 20-round .308 mags) might want to give him a call.

Just sayin.
    I'm actually testing a set of Robert's pouches right now, along with some other pouches, trying to figure out which ones works best for run and gun shooting.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Well I decided to jump on board the belt band wagon. Based on some comments made here, I called Robert at US Grunt Gear and he walked me through his product and the hows and whys of what he put together.

I ordered an Infidel belt and his pistol and AR pouches. He said the order might take a couple of weeks as I use a HiPower and he needed to confirm fit on the mags. Seven days later the rig arrived.

Also on the belt is the HiPower in a Blade Tech holster, a Surefire in a Tactical Tailor mag pouch, a CSM dump pouch, and an Emergency Condiment Spreader from Brian Fellhoelter.

Just fiddling with it here and with some dry fire draws and mag draws, the belt is great. Adjusted nice and snug with the main belt, it is absolutely rock solid on his velcro inner belt through my pant belt loops.

I'm happy with it right now. Really looking forward to actually getting to play in it for a bit to see what I want to tweak and move around.

Unfortunately between a family trip this holiday weekend and travel for work, I won't get this dirty until late September at the earliest.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 08-30-10 at 18:52.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Jumping in belt...

I've been reading through this forum and then reviewing the various products - belts in particular - trying to determine which would work best for me. I am interested in piecing together my "hurricane, oh shit" belt and will also use this rig for training. I've narrowed down the belt selection to those offered at Grunt Gear and the ICE belt.

With my primary being a 1911, I want to make sure my set up accomodates the BT kydex holsters I have (belt w/tek-lok & doh). I can't tell from the forum which is most receptive to various holsters. This is important because I may switch out sidearms = different hoster. Also, if I'm reading it right, the ICE requires the addition of a rigger's belt, while the GG belts have an integrated inner belt. Are there any other nuances of either to consider? How well does the Tek-lock systems fit on the molle?

I assume everyone will say I can't go wrong either way, but I am looking for strong opinions on which I should purchase. Thanks

Feedback Score
    If you want to use TekLocks, go with USGG. I can't speak for the ICE as I don't have one. I do have the WarHog from Grunt Gear and it's designed specifically with 3 double layer 1.75" nylon belt sections on each side of the belt (over the padding) for TekLock attachment. Look closely at the holster and fixed blade knife attachment on the pic posted above by mrbieler. The off hand side of the belt still has the 3 sections of nylon web, but is covered by a removable molle sleeve to attach other pouches.

I am using the BT DOH w/ TekLock and it works great on the GG belts. The TekLocks don't work for squat on molle. The GG also comes with a velcro inner belt to be worn on your pants. It holds up your trousers and secures the outer padded belt so it doesn't shift around.
    Last edited by Wicked; 09-04-10 at 23:44.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wicked is right, the USGG belts were designed to work with the Teklock attachments. They'll work with many more, but the intent was the Teklock. Because they have a 1.75" width belt section on the outside of the belt regular pants-belt attachments can be used and MOLLE sleeves can be added as needed to attach MOLLE kit.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you want to use TekLocks, go with USGG. I can't speak for the ICE as I don't have one. I do have the WarHog from Grunt Gear and it's designed specifically with 3 double layer 1.75" nylon belt sections on each side of the belt (over the padding) for TekLock attachment. Look closely at the holster and fixed blade knife attachment on the pic posted above by mrbieler. The off hand side of the belt still has the 3 sections of nylon web, but is covered by a removable molle sleeve to attach other pouches.

Thanks for the input. I will go with the USGG. Is there a $20 difference in the Warhog vs. SRT? The description reads the same. I am guessing as you go up in price, the fit and finish improve?
    Last edited by amac; 09-05-10 at 22:27.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The SRT uses .25" foam padding, the Infidel uses .5" padding, but they are otherwise the same design.

The area of the small of the back on the Warhog is arced up higher (see the photos on the site), so its shape and configuration are somewhat different from the above two. Hence the price differences, with the Infidel falling in the middle.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Just finished. Does anyone have any suggestions for mounting my Peters Spada to the belt? It is held on with zip ties for now .

Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast