Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really love my ICE belt pad. The only draw back is the wait. The way I did it was just order it and forget it. I got lucky and placed my order at a period of time when he was just getting to be well known in the gear world. Once everybody saw the belts they all ordered them and cause we are a society with ZERO patience.. the battle began with him. Anything custom that is good is gonna have a rough timeline. Look at Jon from Recce gear.. He had and still has a back log.

If you have to wait 3-6 or even 9 months.. so be it. You will have a nice unexpected surprise when it does come. I know Hobey does not have the best rep due to his one man operation.. But hell.. Guys are waiting in line 6 years for Larry Vickers to do them a 1911.... what 6-9 months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv
    But hell.. Guys are waiting in line 6 years for Larry Vickers to do them a 1911.... what 6-9 months.

Sorry, that's just silly.
    "A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

450bushmaster.net

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I totally agree.. No pistol is worth 6 years to me, may be to others, but from what I have seen in the custom gear world, it is not unusual to wait up to a year for custom stuff, if you like the guys work and his kit. Most would be served with a BlackHawk piece of kit you can get in 4 days.

Is the pad a required item I needed??? no, I just wanted it cause the design is a good one and the materials and construction were first rate and I will most likely own this belt pad for life and never need another one.

One just has to do his research, understand the pros and cons of custom kit's made by one man shows and decide. After that, patience is required (and should have been part of the research from the git go)

I used LAV's 6 year waiting list as a extreme example, I doubt any of the guys on that list are calling and emailing Larry every 2-3 months saying.."Where's my pistol?".."Is it done yet?".."When will it ship??" and then getting on every gun forum in the free world and badmouthing him as a poor business man.

Feedback Score
    I'll drop another plug for the blackwater I-O belt. I initially tried to get a TAG and was in terminal order hell with them for months. Actually I ordered that at the same time a bud ordered an ICE belt. I gave up, ordered the I-O from optactical and had it in a week. The ICE belt came in, he used it a couple times and dropped it for the SO Tech version.

FWIW, the BW belt is structured and doesn't roll over like some of the other slip on pads. It's more like a less bulky, modular expedition pack belt with a tunnel for the belt pass through. I dropped the included sewn-webbing fastex belt for a Wilderness 5 stitch and haven't looked back. Beats the snot out of abrading yourself to bone anyway.

Link

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47
    I'll drop another plug for the blackwater I-O belt. I initially tried to get a TAG and was in terminal order hell with them for months. Actually I ordered that at the same time a bud ordered an ICE belt. I gave up, ordered the I-O from optactical and had it in a week. The ICE belt came in, he used it a couple times and dropped it for the SO Tech version.

FWIW, the BW belt is structured and doesn't roll over like some of the other slip on pads. It's more like a less bulky, modular expedition pack belt with a tunnel for the belt pass through. I dropped the included sewn-webbing fastex belt for a Wilderness 5 stitch and haven't looked back. Beats the snot out of abrading yourself to bone anyway.

Link

Does the BW overbelt have slots for dropleg hangers like the ICE or do you have to wrap them all around the padding?
    "A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

450bushmaster.net

Feedback Score
    I fabbed up a molle adapter for the 2" buckle I use for 6004's. It was meant to be a stop-gap until I built something more permanent but it's still plugging along.

The BW belt does have two exposed sections, one on each hip, where the belt is exposed. If that part hits the right spot it would work like normal, for me it's farther aft than I'd like. I'll try to shoot a pic between shifts tomorrow...

Feedback Score
    I fabbed up a molle adapter for the 2" buckle I use for 6004's. It was meant to be a stop-gap until I built something more permanent but it's still plugging along.

The BW belt does have two exposed sections, one on each hip, where the belt is exposed. If that part hits the right spot it would work like normal, for me it's farther aft than I'd like. I'll try to shoot a pic between shifts tomorrow...
    I thought someone pad a PALS adapter to buckle. I also use a 6004 and was trying to figure out how to hang it from a wider belt.

I will probably just go with a Eagle wide padded belt cause the only things hanging off my belt are the 6004 and a NARescue thigh rig.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score

Ok, now you got me looking at the IO belt. I am thinking that if you were to add a Blackhawk drop leg extender to the 6004 it should clip into the top part of the NARescue loops. They have a 2" buckle on them already....

Those loops should thread through the PALS webbing. I will find out if this part can be ordered alone.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    This is what I use and it works out great.

http://stores.skipjack.com/emdomusa/Detail.bok?no=20
    "Respect all, fear none"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by k9dpd
    This is what I use and it works out great.

http://stores.skipjack.com/emdomusa/Detail.bok?no=20
    Thanks, that looks like it may work great.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast