Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pelican1 View Post
    I have been thinking on the different scenerios one might encounter while utilizing your First Line Belt Kit and the mentality therein....

I can come up with two (2) main thoughts: 1) War 2) E&E/Bug Out/Survival

True to the thinking of these 2 scenerios, shouldn't your Kit be structured along which line you think you might be involved in?

I was reading the answers to a question I posed and the thinking was WAR vs UTILITY and this got me pondering the question of how my Belt Kit should be set-up.....

I am a certified firearms instructor and shoot weekly for myself and for "Beer money", most of my students/friends have the same thinking....."Isn't our goal to escape to a "safe zone" with our loved ones without being noticed and as quitely and descreetly as possible?"

Shouldn't our Belt Kit and 2nd/3rd Line Gear be structured with this in mind?

Cheers.
    Some good points made here.

1st, with all kit one must choose the "use/reason" for it. Some members here are military. Some of us are LE. Others are retired and just do it for fun. Others are civilians who just use the gear for the range. Then there are some who want the kit just for "TEOTWAWKI" situations.

I have different types of kit set up based on that thought process.

Feedback Score

Less than Lethal on your 1st line belt?

Question: What does the Board think in regard to carrying a less-than-lethal item on your 1st Line Belt Kit ?

ie. ASP expandable baton or mace.....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Question: What does the Board think in regard to carrying a less-than-lethal item on your 1st Line Belt Kit ?

Depends on application I'd say. Not to mention real-estate.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Pouches for Eagle Duty Belt

This may come out as a noobish question, but here goes....

I have an eagle duty belt and attached various mag pouches to it for a recent training class and 3gun run. Nothing really fit well and all had to be modified. Not to mention, the duty belt didn't fit in my belt loops, so was worn over another belt, loose and rode up my waist.

With that said, what mag pouches will, if any, naturally fit an eagle duty belt? I have eagle molle pouches and they slide. And blade tech kydex are a tight fit. Next, if using a duty belt as your first line, do you need a inner belt to keep the duty in place?

I've been viewing the various first line and gear pics with explanations and am trying to piece together a gear belt, but am having difficulty. I have an operator's belt that threads belt loops and retains the kydex mag pouches and blade tech holster - no problem. But, for my SHTF scenario, that's not the best grab and go set up. I just ordered an Infidel belt from USGG for that purpose. Maybe I've answered my question, but is it possible to have one set up for everything, or should each rig work for each scenario?

Sorry for the rambling. Feedback appreciated.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

Driving the muzzle of your carbine into someone's chest is less than lethal (most of the time) and you don't have to dick around with carrying something extra.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    This may come out as a noobish question, but here goes....

I have an eagle duty belt and attached various mag pouches to it for a recent training class and 3gun run. Nothing really fit well and all had to be modified. Not to mention, the duty belt didn't fit in my belt loops, so was worn over another belt, loose and rode up my waist.

With that said, what mag pouches will, if any, naturally fit an eagle duty belt? I have eagle molle pouches and they slide. And blade tech kydex are a tight fit. Next, if using a duty belt as your first line, do you need a inner belt to keep the duty in place?

I've been viewing the various first line and gear pics with explanations and am trying to piece together a gear belt, but am having difficulty. I have an operator's belt that threads belt loops and retains the kydex mag pouches and blade tech holster - no problem. But, for my SHTF scenario, that's not the best grab and go set up. I just ordered an Infidel belt from USGG for that purpose. Maybe I've answered my question, but is it possible to have one set up for everything, or should each rig work for each scenario?

Sorry for the rambling. Feedback appreciated.
    You need to buy pouches with the loop size based on the belt size you intend to run them on, this is one of the reasons why people end up with tons of extra support gear, or make an awful habit of making their own.

With belts you can swap them around easily. If I were to do 3 gun, I would try to make what I have work now anyway.

Feedback Score
    My issue was in getting everything threaded on to the belt and then undoing them to remove the belt and the constant shifting of gear back and forth on the belt and being limited by different pants loop position effecting were everything set. I ended up placing everything on a thick gun belt and wearing that over top of a wide belt through the pants loops. These two belts are joined together via keepers (Police/Sam Brown type setup) everything stays on the belt in the same place and it is much less hassel going on and off.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Keepers are a good solution make sure to get the right size. 2" or 2 1/4". Depending on the size of the belt you need to secure.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score

pistol pouch problem

I'm having a bit of trouble with my current belt setup. I'm running a Safariland holster that happens to fit both my H&K P30L ans S&W M&P Pro, both in 9mm. The problem is with the pistol pouches. I had a bunch of Eagle FB pouches for 9mm double stack. They worked fine for Sig P226 magazines and were fine for M&P magazines, but they're way too narrow for P30 magazines.

Does anyone have recommendations for pistol magazine pouches that might accommodate P30 and M&P magazines, so I don't have to bother swapping out pouches? Should I try to heat up the Eagle FB pouches and try to get them wider?

Thanks

Here's my current setup:

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FPembleton View Post

Does anyone have recommendations for pistol magazine pouches that might accommodate P30 and M&P magazines, so I don't have to bother swapping out pouches?
    I dunno if your P30 mags are steel, but I use tactical tailor magna pistol mag pouches for my M&P and 1911 magazines and they work just fine.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/magnam...lmagpouch.aspx
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Page 52 of 149 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast