Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey FP,

I have had pretty good success with using the Maxpedition double sheath pouch for pistol magazines. I have one that I use for Glock 21 magazines(with extensions and bumpers) and another that I use for a Surefire 6PD and Leatherman. I also like the ability to mount the Maxpedition pouches vertically as well as horizontally(on a Blackhawk patrol belt at least). Food for thought maybe......worth what ya' paid I guess.....oh, yeah, the obligatory pics:

Take care,

gb

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

I was hoping for recommendations for open top pouches that stay open so that they're easy to re-insert. I guess I can try heating up those Eagle FBs and see if I can reshape them enough to make the magazines fit. P30s aren't that popular I guess.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FPembleton View Post
    Thanks.

I was hoping for recommendations for open top pouches that stay open so that they're easy to re-insert. I guess I can try heating up those Eagle FBs and see if I can reshape them enough to make the magazines fit. P30s aren't that popular I guess.
    TT Magnas are open or closed.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, I think I tossed the tops the day I got mine. M&P 9 and .45 and 1911 mags, all stay just peachy. They're not rigid like an FB, but that's never gotten in my way with using them.

Talk to the folks at US Grunt Gear, too; tell them your needs. Their pistol pouches aren't pricey, and they might be able to gin up something that works for both of yours in a semi-rigid, open-top pouch.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm sure one's individual configuration makes a big difference, but do these belts hinder operating a vehicle, entering/exiting?

Just curious.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    I'm sure one's individual configuration makes a big difference, but do these belts hinder operating a vehicle, entering/exiting?

Just curious.
    If you keep it slick and stay away from a drop leg it's not too bad. It also helps not to have a bunch of crap hanging from your arse.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post

Just curious.
    Dude, I have seen guys wear a fully loaded med pouch right in the center of their low back and never complain.
    Personally I don't like anything on my belt in the rear above my ass. I can live with an AR mag pouch at the four-o-clock position, but that's it.
    You may have to set something up and try it out.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 12-02-10 at 10:32. Reason: clarify
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I'm mostly on my feet so I currently have a large IFAK pouch and a 1L hydration pouch mounted in the 5 and 7 o'clock position on my belt where they're out of the way. I get them hung up sometimes, but getting in and out of a vehicle is not a huge problem. Sitting in one is. I can drive for about 10 minutes before it's uncomfortable. If I had to sit, I would re-position them.

Feedback Score
    Pretty simple setup.

ATS War Belt with Eagle FB pouches, Surefire 6P in a Raven carrier, "RskTkr Down Kit" and Safariland holster. This is for those occasions when we are not wearing armor but I still need a few things on hand.

When wearing full kit (or spending a lot of time in vehicles) I drop the RDK as I have one on my IBA as well as my go bag.

I have put my Gerber back on the belt sine these were taken.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FPembleton View Post
    I'm having a bit of trouble with my current belt setup. I'm running a Safariland holster that happens to fit both my H&K P30L ans S&W M&P Pro, both in 9mm. The problem is with the pistol pouches. I had a bunch of Eagle FB pouches for 9mm double stack. They worked fine for Sig P226 magazines and were fine for M&P magazines, but they're way too narrow for P30 magazines.

Does anyone have recommendations for pistol magazine pouches that might accommodate P30 and M&P magazines, so I don't have to bother swapping out pouches? Should I try to heat up the Eagle FB pouches and try to get them wider?

Thanks

Here's my current setup:

try the HGI pistol TACO pouch

Page 53 of 149 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast