Page 85 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hispeedal2 View Post
    I think I saw one post in this monster on wearing a war belt in conjunction with body armor.

Anyone have any experiences/pics running them together?

I like the idea here. There has been an explosion in these belts and I like what I am seeing. I just don't see modularity with other kit. As a light fighting load, I can see utility.
    I'll have to dig up pics. But I designed my set up to run in conjunction with each other...
    PR rep of Columbia Firearm Services.
    http://www.facebook.com/ColumbiaFirearmServices

Feedback Score
    For those of you who live in areas where the temperatures are relatively warm all year around, when the weather does get cold enough to require a fleece/jacket, do you wear your belt on top of your jacket? Or do you wear your jacket over your belt?

I live in Hawaii, where it's about 80 degrees the majority of the time. I am attending classes this fall where I am sure I will need to be wearing at least a fleece jacket and probably even an outer rain layer. I've done through a bunch of the AAR's and it seems like some run their gear with their jacket over the belt and some with their gear covered by their jacket.

The reason why I ask is that I'm finding that I am needing to try to fit my belt pretty close. My current set up is a Cobra outer belt over an inner velcro belt. The velcro tail of the Cobra belt is long enough that it intereferes with my holster at 3 o'clock, so I am trying to custom order a belt where the tail stops before the mounting hardware for my holster. I am in the process of trying to figure that out now, but I think ideally the velcro tail would extend no further than about 3-4" beyond the Cobra buckle. However, I'm just wondering if that will allow enough play to also fit over fleece and or a jacket.

I have a couple of emails in to USGG and HSGI to try to figure this out. My loadout consists of a belt mounted holster (G-Code RTI duty/drop holster) at 3 o'clock and two pistol and two rifle mag pouches on my left side. One idea is to reverse the Cobra belt such that the D-ring is on my right side and I would have to mount my mag pouches on the molle (assuming either a HSGI Sure-Grip, VTAC Brokos). Another option is to see if G-Code can make a molle attachment for their holster with the duty/drop feature.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wear an Alpha MA-1 and it stops at my waist. I just let it bunch every so slightly on top of the belt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wear an Alpha MA-1 and it stops at my waist. I just let it bunch every so slightly on top of the belt.
    Thanks! I see you're in SE FLA. Figure you have fairly similar temps there as I get in Hawaii.

In your case, is the elastic waist band is sort of tucked in behind the portion of the rifle mags where they extend above the belt? And that your belt is worn pretty much directly on top of your pants and under shirt.

I have a short jacket that was meant for fly fishing that is a wader type length. Once I get my belts in from USGG, I'll have to try it out with it on.

This is the current version:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/36449...5-ppodxs&dds=y

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is how mine sits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This is how mine sits.
    Thanks again Rob! That's pretty much what I was envisioning.

I'll post some pics of my setup as the gear comes in and as I set them up.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the help, guys! Finally got to put this together.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jr0xas View Post
    Thanks for all the help, guys! Finally got to put this together.

Nice setup, what battle belt is that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    Nice setup, what battle belt is that?
    Thanks, man! It's a VTAC Brokos Belt with a VTAC Cobra Riggers Belt on the inside. The AR mag pouches are HSGI Tacos, and the pistol mag pouches are Ten-Speeds from Blue Force Gear.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

HSGI SGPB tips

This is my first post in the tactical gear forum. I am new to the site and starting to acquire some gear so I can eventually take some classes in the near future.

My birthday was friday and my awesome mother bought me an HSGI SGPB thanks to my wife that gave her the idea!

She watched all of the videos on how to use it and was teaching me how to change the size of the inner belt and such. It was awesome, she is great

Anywhoo, I do have to up the size to a medium. I must have read the sizes wrong when I told my wife that if someone wanted to get me one, get it in small...I am a 32 and a medium states it is 32-34...dumb on my part...

As you can see, there is 6-7 inches in between the flaps of the padded belt. (excuse the messy kitchen...)

I did notice that once I made the inner belt fit me, it was kind of hard to figure out where to place it because my Ares gear belt got in the way. Do you guys place it directly around where your belt for your pants is? It just feels awkward unless I don't wear a belt for my pants at all.

Well, I sent an email to HSGI for a RA#. I told them my mom bought it for me in the email so they knew I was not the purchaser and after I sent the email, they would think I am some teenage airsoft goofball or something...haha (no offense to airsoft, I just don't play it)

Any help on set-up and such would be nice too.

My thinking is as such:
    Two pistol tacos followed by two rifle tacos, HSGI blow out pouch and dump pouch somewhere in the back. G-Code XST holster with molle attachment and light cowling for a G19 with X300 on the right side with an ESEE RC-4 behind it.

This will be my first attempt at a belt set-up so I am sure the actual setup will change here and there but you have to start somewhere, right?

The HSGI belt is very comfortable though. I just have to get it in the right place with the right belt for my pants.
    Last edited by chadil1ac; 03-04-12 at 22:56.

Page 85 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast