Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can the Ares Gear Enhanced Ranger Belt be utilized in conjunction with the VTAC Brokos Belt?
    Last edited by zibby43; 03-12-12 at 00:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zibby43 View Post
    Can the Ares Gear Enhanced Ranger Belt be utilized in conjunction with the VTAC Brokos Belt?
    Yes, but your better off with a 1.75 or 2" belt as a liner for the MOLLE/War Belts. I'd suggest the Ares Military Duty belt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourneshooter View Post
    Yes, but your better off with a 1.75 or 2" belt as a liner for the MOLLE/War Belts. I'd suggest the Ares Military Duty belt.
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I'll check it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

I am also using zip ties to hold my holster on again, likely the best method I have found so far.

Pulled up an old post...as I'm searching mounting options...how are the zip ties done? I'm trying to figure out how many and how you got them tightened down....thanks!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
    Pulled up an old post...as I'm searching mounting options...how are the zip ties done? I'm trying to figure out how many and how you got them tightened down....thanks!
    On that belt the zip ties are just fine. They are pretty tough actually but avoiding the use of the 1.75" webbing seemed kind of weird so I eventually shifted back to using hard loops like I would if using that holster for concealment. That is where the USGG belt excels, why take that away.

I have ultimately switched to a VTAC Brokos belt that uses the same idea.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I use the Ravens hard 1.75 loops and snug it up with ty-raps.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    http://www.bawidamann.com/shop/Shena...al%20Platforms

To attach my Raven Holster to my MOLLE belt I use a set of the mini Bawidamann Pals Universal Platform (PUP). Works like a champ.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks...I'm looking to set it up on a MOLLE section of SOC-C...so unless I cut some material I'm not getting to the inner belt and have to attach to the MOLLE.

The MINI PUP SET looks like a nice option...but out of stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourneshooter View Post
    So I checked out the Ares Military Duty Belt (2") and the VTAC Cobra Belt (1.75"). Both look like solid options in terms of pairing them with the Brokos Belt.

That being said, I already use an Enhanced Ranger Belt for EDC purposes. I was hoping I wouldn't have to shell out an addition $60+ or $80+ for a belt that would be used exclusively with the Brokos.

Viking Tactics recommends using the Cobra Belt with the Brokos (obviously), and that would be in line with your suggestion of using a belt with additional width above 1.5".

I'm not questioning your advice whatsoever, but could you shed some light on what types of problems I would encounter from using a 1.5" in lieu of a 1.75" or 2" belt? Would there be too much sliding around going on? If it truly is going to be problematic, I'll just suck it up and buy the extra belt.
    Last edited by zibby43; 03-12-12 at 23:29.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zibby43 View Post
    I'm not questioning your advice whatsoever, but could you shed some light on what types of problems I would encounter from using a 1.5" in lieu of a 1.75" or 2." belt? Would there be too much sliding around going on? If it truly is going to be problematic, I'll just suck it up and buy the extra belt.

I found narrower belts to move around a bit in the Brokos outer belt. I bought mine with the VTAC Cobra belt but I am currently using a Volund Gearworks Atlas belt in 1.75". I give up the quickness of the cobra buckle but the Atlas is around the right stiffness for me.

My suggestion would be to maybe decide on a decent 1.75" belt to wear everyday and use it in the war belt as needed. You are not obligated to buy the VTAC belt and there are some other nice options out there now.

Page 87 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast