Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Steve I'm going to try the Blade-Tech DOH holster on my Eagle duty belt. I don't know if you have a need or requirement for additional retention beyond that though.

Somewhere on this board, maybe even in this thread, people have been reporting problems with dirt and dust getting stuck under the button on the Serpa effectively locking the pistol in it.

Feedback Score
    I started with an ice after a lot of hoop jumping i finally got it ran it a few times and ditched it,

i went to so tech rigs they have a strap that runs th eeniter length on the backside of belt to attach holsters and other sub loads.

I have been 100% happy with it will try to get pics up of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Steve I'm going to try the Blade-Tech DOH holster on my Eagle duty belt. I don't know if you have a need or requirement for additional retention beyond that though.

Somewhere on this board, maybe even in this thread, people have been reporting problems with dirt and dust getting stuck under the button on the Serpa effectively locking the pistol in it.
    Rob,

I don't really need the retention of the Serpa. The only reason I have these was that I needed a level II holster for some classes and the only thing I could find in-stock at last minute was the Serpa. I also have two 6004's that I use on my duty rigs. I like the idea of the holster mounted directly to the belt and I will give a try at the next carbine match.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    Sounds like more Hobey BS...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero View Post
    yeah, well that and he did not have the belt either....

Gentlemen,

I thought ICE was high quality. Generally, high quality gear is made by high quality folks. Apparently, I missed something?
    "However horrible the incident of war may be, the soldier who is called upon to offer his life for his country, is the noblest development of mankind." - General of the Army Douglas MacArthur, Manila, 24 August 1936

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abnk View Post
    Gentlemen,

I thought ICE was high quality. Generally, high quality gear is made by high quality folks. Apparently, I missed something?
    A search on Lightfighter will yield a lot of info on ICE.

Things have a way of never showing up...

Feedback Score
    the search button is your friend.

Many gun boards have a thread about, or one that mentions i.c.e. and the tales are all remarkably consistent.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Batt 57 View Post
    The idea behind a separate, unattached holster would be that if I need to remove or turn the belt to get to the El Dwiggo the holster would always be in place.... keep in mind that I am a paramedic and the med pouch is probably overloaded.

Any thoughts?
    Thoughts? Go light on the first-line med and keep the medic level response bag accessible. There's no way I can treat to my licensed standard of care from a belt pouch, so it gets an improved bandage/gloves/vionex. Your basic 'Ouch, I bet that stings! Hold this there and I'll be back in a sec' setup. The rest lives in the AIII Med bag. I also haven't found a satisfactory way to mount up a split pouch so it's accessible and doesn't render me into a medicotactical-quasi modo (or 46DD stripjoint headliner).

All my ancillary stuff is in a wide medium battlelabs GP pouch on the rear of my BW I-O.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post
    Thoughts? Go light on the first-line med and keep the medic level response bag accessible. There's no way I can treat to my licensed standard of care from a belt pouch, so it gets an improved bandage/gloves/vionex. Your basic 'Ouch, I bet that stings! Hold this there and I'll be back in a sec' setup. The rest lives in the AIII Med bag. I also haven't found a satisfactory way to mount up a split pouch so it's accessible and doesn't render me into a medicotactical-quasi modo (or 46DD stripjoint headliner).

All my ancillary stuff is in a wide medium battlelabs GP pouch on the rear of my BW I-O.
    I know what you mean. The med pouch is a little over-paked with a couple of OP and NP airways, QC, and other crap. This was primarily going to be used during our carbine matches and for classes. I need to slim it down.

When I am at work everything primary is in a NA Rescue thigh rig and secondary is carried in a Camelbak BFM. The only thing I carry on my armor is a cric kit and a manual EZ-IO driver.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post
    Go light on the first-line med and keep the medic level response bag accessible.
    This is why I like the detachable pouches like ATS makes. I can keep the pouch on the rear of the belt but since it is designed to tear away I can easily grab it and get to everything without having to remove the belt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplophile View Post
    This is why I like the detachable pouches like ATS makes. I can keep the pouch on the rear of the belt but since it is designed to tear away I can easily grab it and get to everything without having to remove the belt.
    Just checked these out. Very cool. Similar to the system sold by Diamondback Tactical. I may have to get a small one.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Page 9 of 149 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast