Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeAdeYE15 View Post
    Here's my belt

This is all cheap Condor crap but it has served its purpose and held up well for my needs.

Battle belt
    Riggers belt
    3 mag AR pouch w/ piggy back single AR pouch
    Admin pouch
    Dump pouch
    Medical Pouch filled with the usual goodies
    Pocket pouch
    Flash light pouch

Sorry for the crappy pics.
    how long you had it? Did classes with it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I'm not seeing many double decker Tacos or double mag pouches. Too bulky?

I was thinking of trying to get as much onto the sides of the belt, so that I can maybe still get into a car seat without ruining my back.

My current set-up is old-school, like Vietnam-era old-school.
    the problem with double decker gear on a belt is it flops around when you move. and hurts when you have to lay on it.

I don't consider a set up permanent until it's been through a couple days of a class that involves lots of movement and going to the ground though nothing's really "permanent". I find I make little adjustments to gear in response to other changes upstream...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DAIVI PAI2K5 View Post
    how long you had it? Did classes with it?
    No classes. Not sure how well it would hold up. I mainly just use it at the range nothing major.
    Frog Lube Fanboy BCM Koolaid Drinker
    olds442tyguy: I prefer buying American not because of the cost, but because of the integrity. I'd rather send some greedy American guy a couple extra bucks than pay a couple bucks for an inferior product that's likely made from recycled condoms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well I guess this is the best place for this as it is my first line belt at work. I figured I would upload some images of my duty belt and share what I have on it that works for me being a cop.

Gear from on the belt to stuff that comes out/off left to right.

Belt- Glossy Boston Leather duty belt dept issued (can rock plain leather but not worth the cost for me would spend the money on nylon but we can't wear it).
    Magazine Pouch- Boston dual mag pouch dept issued
    Radio Pouch- boston leather, thinking about replacing this with a blade tech radio holster, the dept issued us the crappy ones that come with the radio from Motorola (spin on off mounts hangs loose on the side and falls off easily)
    Light Holster- Bianchi dept issued
    Two handcuff Pouches- Boston one dept issued other bought
    Baton Holster-ASP put the set screw in so it doesn't rotate
    Holster-Safariland 6360-2192 light bearing holster
    Key Ring-Zak Tool key ring, only use it occasionally like when I first get my keys at work, I don't hang anything off of it otherwise for noise, I usually throw my keys in my pocket but if I have to get out and run fast I can clip my keys there so I don't lose them.
    OC Holster- Boston Leather Dept issued
    Light Holster- Surefire V-70

Stuff in/on the belt/pouches:
    Two 15d S&W M&P magazines loaded with Dept Issued Winchester Ranger 180gr

Motorola XTS 5000 our department has one of the largest radio trunking systems in the country

StreamLight Stinger DS light, end tail cap likes to not work sometimes. It was dept issued, I want to replace it with the new Surefire Law Man but its a little pricey

S&W Model 100-1 M&P handcuffs, work requires chain S&W handcuffs which is good. I just like these better because they are melonited and do not require the use of a key to double lock.

ASP 21" collapsing steel baton with leverage cap Dept Issued

S&W M&P Dept Issued 40 caliber weapon with a Surefire X300 which I bought including the holster (want the new ultra but yeah price and or lack of money lol)

Saber OC, can was crushed in an off duty accident (leaving work totaled my pov), the seatbelt crushed the can and bent my
    badge. Still works I tested lol.

Surefire G2X flash light.

I run three lights, because well a WML is wonderful espically when you work at night. The long streamlight with constant on is good for searching, traffic stops, other admin stuff were I need to tuck it up under my arm. The G2X is a back up and or for quick deployment when I need a light quick, plus I can deploy it while seated in the car. Having two handhelds I can loan one out to a plain clothes Officer who may or may not have one and an Officer who only carries the dept issued and did not charge it the night before

I carry other stuff but thats all that resides on my duty belt.

Edited to add:We or at least three of the six zones (plus airport zone) in our dept. are getting tasers (we are the test zone) so I am going to have to find room on my belt for that in the next month probably. I wear a 34inch waist pant size so there isn't a lot of room left and I don't want to move anything because it all lines up perfect.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 10-03-12 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTHN2LGS View Post
    I have the Safariland 6377 for my G19 mounted on my HSGI Sure-Grip using the Safariland MLS kit. It's still a work in progress, more will be added and the Bladetech combo pouch is already gone from there.

If you used a UBL on the inner belt, you would get it dropped down lower I imagine, how much I'm not certain.

This is great timing. I love my Safariland ALS 6377 holsters and would like to do as you did and use thier MLS kit to attach to a HSGG Infidel belt.

1. Could you provide some alternate photos detailing how it is attached to the holster and how it is mounted to the molle? (I can't seem to find good photos detailing them mounted to a warbelt).

2. What is your impression of this mounting system's durability?

Thanks.

PS - If I'm correct is that an ESEE 3? Love mine

Feedback Score
    Here are some pics I took at the same time as the others:

I ended up having to tie some 550 cord across the bottom of the forks through the MOLLE on the belt to keep from pulling out the whole thing, gun and holster together. The durability is very good, but I don't hit the dirt anymore or use this belt anywhere but the range.

I have added a lot of things and am using a different holster now. After one more pouch arrives, I will get around to taking some more pics.

Yes, that is an ESEE 3mil.

Last edited by DTHN2LGS; 10-07-12 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTHN2LGS View Post
    Here are some pics I took at the same time as the others:

I ended up having to tie some 550 cord across the bottom of the forks through the MOLLE on the belt to keep from pulling out the whole thing, gun and holster together. The durability is very good, but I don't hit the dirt anymore or use this belt anywhere but the range.

I have added a lot of things and am using a different holster now. After one more pouch arrives, I will get around to taking some more pics.

Yes, that is an ESEE 3mil.

Thank you kind sir. That was actually the photos and input I needed!

As you mentioned, I was concerned about once mounted if the whole holster/MLS system could be pulled up and off. Could tidbit about using paracord. I'll likely give it a go as I really like the retention of the ALS holster. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Something else I noticed with the MOLLE fork was that it was much more secure in a Tactical Tailor MAV chest rig, than in the HSGI belt.

There must be some slight differences between them.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Well I guess this is the best place for this as it is my first line belt at work. I figured I would upload some images of my duty belt and share what I have on it that works for me being a cop.

Gear from on the belt to stuff that comes out/off left to right.

Belt- Glossy Boston Leather duty belt dept issued (can rock plain leather but not worth the cost for me would spend the money on nylon but we can't wear it).
    Magazine Pouch- Boston dual mag pouch dept issued
    Radio Pouch- boston leather, thinking about replacing this with a blade tech radio holster, the dept issued us the crappy ones that come with the radio from Motorola (spin on off mounts hangs loose on the side and falls off easily)
    Light Holster- Bianchi dept issued
    Two handcuff Pouches- Boston one dept issued other bought
    Baton Holster-ASP put the set screw in so it doesn't rotate
    Holster-Safariland 6360-2192 light bearing holster
    Key Ring-Zak Tool key ring, only use it occasionally like when I first get my keys at work, I don't hang anything off of it otherwise for noise, I usually throw my keys in my pocket but if I have to get out and run fast I can clip my keys there so I don't lose them.
    OC Holster- Boston Leather Dept issued
    Light Holster- Surefire V-70

Stuff in/on the belt/pouches:
    Two 15d S&W M&P magazines loaded with Dept Issued Winchester Ranger 180gr

Motorola XTS 5000 our department has one of the largest radio trunking systems in the country

StreamLight Stinger DS light, end tail cap likes to not work sometimes. It was dept issued, I want to replace it with the new Surefire Law Man but its a little pricey

S&W Model 100-1 M&P handcuffs, work requires chain S&W handcuffs which is good. I just like these better because they are melonited and do not require the use of a key to double lock.

ASP 21" collapsing steel baton with leverage cap Dept Issued

S&W M&P Dept Issued 40 caliber weapon with a Surefire X300 which I bought including the holster (want the new ultra but yeah price and or lack of money lol)

Saber OC, can was crushed in an off duty accident (leaving work totaled my pov), the seatbelt crushed the can and bent my
    badge. Still works I tested lol.

Surefire G2X flash light.

I run three lights, because well a WML is wonderful espically when you work at night. The long streamlight with constant on is good for searching, traffic stops, other admin stuff were I need to tuck it up under my arm. The G2X is a back up and or for quick deployment when I need a light quick, plus I can deploy it while seated in the car. Having two handhelds I can loan one out to a plain clothes Officer who may or may not have one and an Officer who only carries the dept issued and did not charge it the night before

I carry other stuff but thats all that resides on my duty belt.

Edited to add:We or at least three of the six zones (plus airport zone) in our dept. are getting tasers (we are the test zone) so I am going to have to find room on my belt for that in the next month probably. I wear a 34inch waist pant size so there isn't a lot of room left and I don't want to move anything because it all lines up perfect.
    What, if any, blade do you carry on-duty?
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I carry two but not on my belt: in my left upper pocket on my pants I carry a benchmade triage knife and on my right side cargo pocket I carry a Zero Tolerance 350 speed safe. I plan on getting a fixed blade soon esee 3 or 4.

Page 96 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast