Page 98 of 149 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Worked up a holster for the G23 w/trl 3. I have a Raven for CCW for it but wanted one to use with the RTI set up of my first line belt. It could use a little more finishing sanding but its GTG for now. I wont use it much since I'm a M&P fan boy now, but I want to have the option available.

I used the RTI male bracket taped to the gun to when molding to get a raised area so the mounting hardware doesnt rub the gun.

in the process shot of the RTi male bracket.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    -USGG Warhog Belt
    -Padded suspenders
    -(3) USGG Small Battle Triple Mag Pouches
    -GI canteen pouch
    -BFG dump pouch
    -USGG double pistol pouch
    -custom kydex kabar sheath
    -Crye gun clip
    -HSGI bleeder kit

Decided to acknowledge a good amount of old school trends with this setup. Amongst everything, a high priority was on the number of m4 mags able to be carried.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Need to get me one of these.

HTC EVO 4 using TapaTalk

Feedback Score
    Here's what I put together so far:

HSGI with Tacos set up for 1911 and SCAR H. A couple of Blue force mag holders in between the Tacos for additional single stag mags if needed.

Inner belt is a Volund Gearworks. It's not hook and loop, but sticks solidly to the inner layer of hook and loop inside the HSGI. A little slow to gear up, but I really like it.

The G-Code holster with duty drop attachment took considerable work and some Slide Glide to get the draw smoothed out with the SA 1911. I think it will work, but the verdict is still out. The primary intent is for 3-Gun and the result is far better than everything mounted on my pants belt.

I ordered the Medium HSGI belt based on mfg suggestions for my 35-36" pants size. Middle aged gut makes it on the short side, however. I'll very likely go to a Large after I use it for awhile .

The carpet was not the best background for a pic, but my wife has a huge puzzle going on my white board.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

HSGI Belt Set Up

Here is the belt I put together for training/classes. All pretty much HSGI stuff in Coyote Brown. I will be running it tomorrow for a few hundred rounds to test it out.

HSGI Suregrip w/inner belt
    HSGI P Tacos
    HSGI Tacos
    HSGI Bleeder/Blowout
    Advanced Patrol Trauma Kit
    Sof-T
    Maxpedition Rolly Poly
    Blackhawk Serpa CQB w/jacket drop
    HSGI Modular Shoulder Harness
    Surefire E2D Defender
    Glock G17

Last edited by warner41; 11-20-12 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've used this belt rig for classes, Steel Madness, and plinking. I have never been more happy with any piece of kit previously. For rifle classes I pair this with a chest rig or plate carrier if necessary. Even fully loaded the HSGI belt pad works great to keep everything stable and locked into place around my waist.

- HSGI Suregrip & Cobra belt
    - HSGI Pistol TACOs
    - HSGI Rifle/pistol TACOs
    - Dark Angel IFAK
    - BAE Eclipse dump pouch
    - Safarliand 6004 for G17 w/ X300

Feedback Score
    HSGI (High Speed Gear, Inc.) Sure-Grip Padded Belt (Multicam)
    HSGI Riggers Belt (Tan)
    2x HSGI Taco Modular Rifle pouch (Multicam)
    2x HSGI Pistol Taco pouch (Multicam)
    Dark Angel Medical pouch Gen 2 (Multicam)
    C-A-T (Combat Application Tourniquet) (Black)
    Tactical Tailor Dump pouch (Multicam)
    G-Code holster for Glock 19/23 (Coyote Brown)
    Bawidamann PUP (Pals Universal Platform) Standard

This belt was put together with specifically with training in mind but is a very capable mostly universal system. I chose the HSGI Tacos because I own both AR and AK platform rifles which the tacos will accomodate. The pistol tacos will hold 1911 single stack mags to Glock 21 double stack mags as well as small-ish flashlights, multi-tools, etc. very securely.

The Bawidamann PUP system is a great design as it provides a wide and sturdy platform, keeping your pistol from flopping around. That combined with the HDPE stiffener sheet inserted in the padded battle belt to keep it rigid and the wet suit material lining the belt, you get very little movement and your kit is always in the same place. The PUP is also a great solution for mounting knives with kydex sheaths.

The Dark Angel Medical pouch is something I thought I’d try as it keeps all med-kit in the same place. It has a built in tourniquet pouch, meaning no rubber bands or loops to pull it through when you’re in desperate need.

Last edited by PieceKeeper; 11-23-12 at 15:04.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    What made you choose the PUP over one of the G-Code mounting options?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What made you choose the PUP over one of the G-Code mounting options?
    The drop option is limited to certain sections on this padded belt and I wanted to keep it higher on the belt line to get it closer to where I carry everyday, so that was out.

It appeared to be a more sturdy option than the G-Code Molle attach.

I don't need the disconnect as the G-Code holster is dedicated to this belt, though the disconnect can be used with the PUP if needed.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I just ordered the following for Cyber Monday:

HSGI Tan Sure Grip Padded Belt
    Emdom-MM CM Tan Inner Belt
    2x HSGI Taco Rifle

I'm looking into holsters now, I think I would like to go with the G-Code XST for my G17 (I wish they were X300 Compatible!). My question is, does the G Code Dropdown Beltslide cause your pistol to be in the way when sitting in a vehicle, and is it rigid enough to keep from flopping around when moving?

Would you recommend going with the simple RTI molle adapter over the dropdown adapter, and if so why?

Edit:

I recently caught wind of the Bawiddaman PUP. Would attaching these to my Raven be a better option than the G Code? Anyone have any experience with the PUP system?
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 11-26-12 at 23:31.

Page 98 of 149 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast