Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I just ordered the following for Cyber Monday:

HSGI Tan Sure Grip Padded Belt
    Emdom-MM CM Tan Inner Belt
    2x HSGI Taco Rifle

I'm looking into holsters now, I think I would like to go with the G-Code XST for my G17 (I wish they were X300 Compatible!). My question is, does the G Code Dropdown Beltslide cause your pistol to be in the way when sitting in a vehicle, and is it rigid enough to keep from flopping around when moving?

Would you recommend going with the simple RTI molle adapter over the dropdown adapter, and if so why?

Edit:

I recently caught wind of the Bawiddaman PUP. Would attaching these to my Raven be a better option than the G Code? Anyone have any experience with the PUP system?
    I love the RTI drop on mine. I've rode in the truck from one part of the range to another with out discomfort. If you wont want to make your own Kydex holster for your set up check out F.C.S.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My setup - it's continually revised. Supplemented by a PC.

HSGI Sure Grip. Velcro sewn in on the inside to mate with a cobra belt w/ velcro on the outside. I'm skinny so the belt rides up alot. With this setup, the thing stays SOLID.

TAG Enhanced Pistol Pouch. I can run my 1911 and M&P mags no problem on this. I put in a small spacer on the bottom of the pouch to boost the mags up by a bit for easier retrieval.

Esstac KYWI single M4 shorty. Supplements my PC. I used to have taco's but didn't have a need to run anything but AR mags so I switched. Shorty = better grip on mag.

HSGI Pistol Taco. Holds my Z2L

Benchmade 175CBK. Opposite side of the pistol holster for off hand use. On the fence about placement of this one.

Maxpedition Rolypoly. I used to run an Emdom but liked the roll up feature of this one better. No issues with mag retention yet.

ATS Medical Pouch. Was running an HSGI Bleeder but needed more space. I need to add a TQ to the right of this.

OTG Holster - G Code compatible. Love this thing. If I need more drop I'll just get a GCode RTI Duty mount and run it through the subload port. I swap between my 1911 and M&P holster.

Benchmade 7 Hook. Strap cutter
    Last edited by anto; 12-01-12 at 23:52.

Feedback Score
    $50 for an empty first aid pouch is a bit hard to swallow. Are these things enough better than the USMC IFAK pouches on eBay for much less?
    Suburban's Domain - black guns, firearm and gear reviews, gunsmithing projects. . .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wanted my holster high up like I carry it daily. I wasn't happy how tight my Bladetech Molle Locks fastened the holster, so I modified my HSGI belt like this to use a Bladetech Tek-Lok. I used a razor knife to make the cut and seared the edges with a lighter.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 12-02-12 at 02:33.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Its a work in progress for sure, but as it sits right now:

HSGI Suregrip Padded Belt
    EMDOM Inner Belt
    2x Rifle Tacos
    Safariland 6004

What I plan to add in the future:
    2x Pistol Tacos
    HSGI Med Pouch
    BFG Tourniquet NOW

What I like so far:
    -The HSGI Belt had a polyurethane-sort-of backing to keep it from moving, and has an internal stiffener. This appears to be a very high quality belt.
    -The Taco pouches work with my .308 mags and AR mags. That is a huge plus to me.
    - The 6004 works with my G19 and G17 as long as the X300 is attached. This keeps me from having to switch holsters.

What I dont like:
    -The Tacos were a pain in the ass to install. I ended up not weaving the MALICE clips and simply putting it through all three loops. Its secure and didnt take up 30 minutes of my time.
    -Im not quite sold on the buckle system for the EMDOM belt. I'll continue to play with it, but may switch over to a Cobra belt.
    -The damn leg rig for the 6004 is a pain in the ass, but thats my opinion simply because I hate leg rigs. I fully intend to drop mount using the G Code accessories. I'll need to email them to see if we can work up a little RTI custom package.

While I am in LE, this is not for work. I intend to use this for class and range trips only.

A few more pics of the belt for those interested:

Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-05-12 at 10:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CALL natchez and order the RTI stuff. It is super cheap there! If you CALL you order in they do USPS shipping at half the price of the UPS they offer on their website.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 12-05-12 at 09:03. Reason: Quoted a shitload of images...for the sake of ONE sentence.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I originally purchased the Bawidaman Mini Pup, but it didnt work with my RCS gear and therefore was worthless to me. I am trying to return the items but the owner will not contact me back. I may file a PayPal claim....
    How long ago did you purchase and why did you get the mini? I'm not so sure I would want to jump to a paypal claim so quickly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Still a work in progress. Trying to decide whether or not I want to mount a dump bag on it. Also can't decide which med pouch to get and still have room for a tourniquet. Running out of real estate.

HSGI Sure-Grip Padded Belt in ATACS
    HSGI Riggers Belt with Cobra buckle
    2 HSGI Rifle Tacos ATACS
    3 HSGI Pistol Tacos ATACS
    Disruptive Products holster with malice clips

Still unsure I will continue to use the 3rd pistol taco for a multi-tool on my strong side or if I will just move it back to the other to facilitate one more mag for my 19.

@LSHD yeah those tacos sure are fun to mount aren't they.
    Last edited by ReaperAZ; 12-05-12 at 09:54.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    How long ago did you purchase and why did you get the mini? I'm not so sure I would want to jump to a paypal claim so quickly.
    I got an email back, I was too quick to talk about claims. Mea Culpa!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DAIVI PAI2K5 View Post
    CALL natchez and order the RTI stuff. It is super cheap there! If you CALL you order in they do USPS shipping at half the price of the UPS they offer on their website.
    They didnt have an over the phone USPS discount, but I did end up buying a bunch of RTI accessories.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got an email back, I was too quick to talk about claims. Mea Culpa!

They didnt have an over the phone USPS discount, but I did end up buying a bunch of RTI accessories.
    its not a discount. It is just alot cheaper to ship USPS vs UPS. They will only offer USPS shipping if you call the order in.

Page 99 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast