Thread: 870 Police Wingmaster - Do they exist with 3.5" chambers?

Feedback Score

870 Police Wingmaster - Do they exist with 3.5" chambers?

This one surely falls under the "because I can" category. I've been looking for a shotgun, and the 870 Police is where it's at for sure. But with a twist, of course. I'd like a 3.5" chamber. I have seen plenty of 870 Police shotguns for sale, and I've seen a couple of 870 Police Wingmasters. However, what I've yet to see is a Police Wingmaster "Super Mag".

Has anybody ever seen one of these? Do they exist?

Feedback Score
    Im pretty new to 870s, but chamber size is determined by the barrel you have installed is it not?
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The 870s with 3.5" chambers are call Super Magnums. The receivers are different as well as the barrels and probably the bolts.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4
    The 870s with 3.5" chambers are call Super Magnums. The receivers are different as well as the barrels and probably the bolts.
    Thanks!
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score

“police wingmaster”

I’m confused by your use of the term “police wingmaster” since in my mind those are two different shotguns. The Wingmaster is really pretty, and works well for shooting things like pheasants or ducks. The traditional Model 870P police shotguns have a walnut stock and fore-end with a blued or parkerized metal finish. The Model 870P's receiver is machined from a solid block of ordnance steel for the longest possible service life. Its 3" chamber accepts all 2¾" and 3" 12-ga. shells.

I have a 3 ½ “ Remington Express Super Magnum in my house. I sent the barrel to Arizona and had Hans Vang cut the barrel, install the Vang Comp recoil reduction system, and mount a front sight on the ventilated rib that matches up with the MMC ghost ring sight I put on the receiver. I added a Surefire weapon light, extended magazine, side mounted shell carrier (Mesa Tactical), aluminum follower, heavier trigger group, and a Vang bighead safety before I called it complete and even then I added a Blackhawk cheek pad so the sights line up as soon as I snap it into a shooting position.

It’s not a lightweight shotgun, but you won’t find a better shooting shotgun when it comes to putting pellets in the kill zone. Check out the Vang Comp web site and look at the pattern tests on there to see what I am talking about.

My Remington 870P has a 14 inch barrel and if I shot someone standing near the middle of their couch would probably have to pay for the lamps on each of the end tables. Okay, maybe not quite that bad, but the pattern on that one is really wide, especially compared to my Super Magnum.